Part 13 - What story is that, Charlie? (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

possessed soul

Re: Part 13 - What story is that, Charlie? (SPOILERS)

Post by possessed soul »

Long time lurker, first time poster. Nobody else saw that half of a golden ring/circle in Sonny Jim's playset? I think maybe it's another kind of a golden circle, not a circle of pain and suffering. a metaphor for good things DougieCoop is doing. The circle only becomes whole, when everyone does good things to each other? Or is it a sign like the spotlight? Telling that Sonny Jim is getting killed? Sporry for typos or other mistakes. Not a native speaker.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

if you look at Dana Ashbrook answering the first question (at the around 2 minute mark) in this interview (which was conducted before ep. 13 aired) it certainly seems that the diner scene with Ed, Bobby, and Norma was the first thing Dana shot for the Return.

Electric Tree

Post by Electric Tree »

As a side note, effects animator Ray Harryhausen once complained about nerdy basement dwelling fanboys who would relentlessly stopframe his work looking for flaws, and then run up to him at conventions to proudly tell him of all the things they found.
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

Apropos of nothing (mostly) -- I stumbled upon the discovery, at least it was new to me, of this place in SoCal:

http://hiddensandiego.net/sunny-jim-cave.php
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

docLEXfisti wrote:
Ragnell wrote:She is in the alternate timeline Twin Peaks some of us are watching. Who's playing Diane in yours? It could be a clue.
hahahaha ;)

sneakydave wrote:My brain hurts.
Sorry, sorry, sorry - I meant Laura Harring from Mulholland Drive. Chrysta Bell reminds me a lot of her... well, maybe I just answered my own question :)
Harring said she was offered a small part but her agent advised against taking such a small role!!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

sneakydave wrote:
docLEXfisti wrote:Anyone wonder why Laura Dern isn't in the new Twin Peaks? I find it odd, because he sure loves his leading ladies from past experiences...
My brain hurts.
Only two types of people can see her: the gifted... and... the damned...
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Ross wrote:
docLEXfisti wrote:
Ragnell wrote:She is in the alternate timeline Twin Peaks some of us are watching. Who's playing Diane in yours? It could be a clue.
hahahaha ;)

Sorry, sorry, sorry - I meant Laura Harring from Mulholland Drive. Chrysta Bell reminds me a lot of her... well, maybe I just answered my own question :)
Harring said she was offered a small part but her agent advised against taking such a small role!!
I was pretty irked when I first read that. It seems really misguided to think that taking a small role would have harmed her career in any way and could have only been a good thing for her. Glancing at her IMDB page and it seems she didn't appear in a damn thing in all of 2017. She should fire her agent!

Can you imagine if Laura Harring had been Tammy Preston? I've warmed up to Chrysta Bell, but I think Harring would have been pretty good in that role.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

douglasb wrote:If I was being pressured into giving clues I'd sure give them: "Watch for a red car. Who is the driver?", "What is in the sandwich?", "Listen carefully to the words." Doesn't mean anything.
I think this is essentially what Lynch did. Those MD "clues" are pretty worthless.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Ross wrote:
docLEXfisti wrote:
hahahaha ;)

I'd forgotten about that! What a weird move, especially since she agreed to do a cameo in IE.

I wonder what role it was. I doubt it was Tammy...Laura referred to the role as "one of 200 cameos." Tammy is definitely more than a cameo (in fact, it's probably one of the top 7 or 8 roles so far in terms of screentime). I can definitely see the Harring vibe in Bell's performance now that people have pointed it out, tho'.

Is Harring the only actor who has publicly confirmed that she was approached and turned TP down (other than MJA)? I know Fenn rumored that LFB turned it down.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Yeah, my guess is that Preston was written with Bell in mind. Maybe Harring was to play Bellucci's part? Or Lorraine? If it was Lorraine I can definitely see why she said no!
scotchka

Post by scotchka »

Anyone see what the heck they are talking about? The shots are framed sort of similarly but I'm not seeing anything mind blowing here Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

^ Yeah I don't see it either. I mean, a couple of the dudes are styled kind of like BOB, but otherwise I don't get it.
scotchka

Post by scotchka »

scotchka wrote:Anyone see what the heck they are talking about? The shots are framed sort of similarly but I'm not seeing anything mind blowing here

Here's the full pic Image

BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

It's Bob sitting across a table from "the arm," in both instances.
scotchka

Post by scotchka »

BigEd wrote:It's Bob sitting across a table from "the arm," in both instances.
Ah! okay. that makes sense. Thank you!