Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie

djsunyc
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby djsunyc » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:55 pm

i have a bad feeling that the hum behind the door in the basement is where the woodsmen will appear from and we will see the end of james on his birthday.
User avatar
sycamore
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:41 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby sycamore » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:57 pm

Part 14 is absolutely a stunning. i read the spoilers from our German fans last week about Monica Bellucci and Jack Rabbit's Palace before they were deleted and have been biting my tongue all week! Even still, I was totally blown a away by all this!

Lois Duffy. Case number 1. Gordon Cole and Phillip Jeffries. Olympia Washington. 1975. "I'm like the blue rose." A blue rose does no occur in nature. A tulpa.

"A Tulpa is a thoughtform, or being created from the collective thoughts of separate individuals. The concept of Tulpas is theoretical in nature and originates from Tibetan mythology, where Tulpas are described as extra bodies that were created from one person's mind in order to travel to spiritual realms."
http://theslenderman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tulpa_Effect

... so much to begin learning ...
Last edited by sycamore on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vicksvapor77
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby vicksvapor77 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Did anyone notice the left hand floating in Sarah's face had the ring finger enlarged and dirty? "The spiritual mound" finger, right? I'm sure that'll be important at some point.
User avatar
Ashok
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:39 am
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Ashok » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:58 pm

I'm still reeling from this Revival. Lynch has thoroughly shattered all my exceptions. Kyle's dual role performance between Dougie Jones / Mr. C is by far my favorite aspect of this Revival. But Part 14 still managed to raise the bar and may be my favorite installment despite the lack of Dougie. Lynch has to do a Season 4, right? I've got to see at least one more season of this with Agent Cooper reinstated in the FBI.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
User avatar
blackcoffeemoonlight
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby blackcoffeemoonlight » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:59 pm

Who predicted James future employment would be night security at The Great Northern?
User avatar
garethw
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Deep River

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby garethw » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:59 pm

djsunyc wrote:i have a bad feeling that the hum behind the door in the basement is where the woodsmen will appear from and we will see the end of james on his birthday.


There's some unspeakable Evil lurking behind that door. Perhaps newly-found footage of Evelyn Marsh.
Hester Prynne
Posts: 311
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:10 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Hester Prynne » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:00 pm

Still thinking those coordinates lead to the Palmer house. Evil Coop is looking for the Mother.
User avatar
wxray
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 5:04 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby wxray » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:01 pm

vicksvapor77 wrote:Did anyone notice the left hand floating in Sarah's face had the ring finger enlarged and dirty? "The spiritual mound" finger, right? I'm sure that'll be important at some point.

Nope. Didn't notice it at all... ... I posted a screenshot of that about 10 posts before yours. Maybe lost in the delay, or maybe nobody reads anything here.
Last edited by wxray on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
N. Needleman
Posts: 2070
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby N. Needleman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:01 pm

...Is it the same boiler room from the European pilot?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
rocketsan22
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:30 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby rocketsan22 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Thought James was going to run into Bob in the basement...
metrojoe82
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:51 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby metrojoe82 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:02 pm

rocketsan22 wrote:Thought James was going to run into Bob in the basement...


I thought he was going to find Laura!
vicksvapor77
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby vicksvapor77 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:02 pm

sycamore wrote:Part 14 is absolutely a stunning. i read the spoilers from our German fans last week about Monica Bellucci and Jack Rabbit's Palace before they were deleted and have been biting my tongue all week! Even still, I was totally blown a away by all this!

Lois Duffy. Case number 1. Gordon Cole and Phillip Jeffries. Olympia Washington. 1975. "I'm like the blue rose." A blue rose does no occur in nature. A tulpa.

"A Tulpa is a thoughtform, or being created from the collective thoughts of separate individuals. The concept of Tulpas is theoretical in nature and originates from Tibetan mythology, where Tulpas are described as extra bodies that were created from one person's mind in order to travel to spiritual realms."
http://theslenderman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tulpa_Effect

... so much to begin learning ...


So epic. Makes me wonder to, is this the nature of the doppelgangers that they've been using all along? Are we somehow in Cooper's dream right now, another level of his subconscious? This seems to imply that may be where his doppelganger originated from, his own mind? Which goes along with the Black Lodge annihilating your soul, too.

Do we think the Blue Rose name adheres to everything "unnatural" or strictly doppelganger cases? There was no sign of a doppelganger with Teresa Banks, right?
User avatar
blackcoffeemoonlight
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby blackcoffeemoonlight » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:02 pm

N. Needleman wrote:...Is it the same boiler room from the European pilot?

That was in the twin peaks hospital.

This is in the dungeon depths of the great northern hotel
User avatar
sycamore
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:41 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby sycamore » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 pm

ok everyone, I need assistance on this one. I'm keeping the cast and character list updated (see the link in my signature). In part 14, Nathan Frizell is credited as "Voice" ... he is not on the original cast list. Is this possibly the voice of Phillip Jeffries? Can anyone tell if David Bowie is speaking this line from FWWM or TMP or if it's a voiceover? thanks!
Last edited by sycamore on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
garethw
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Deep River

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby garethw » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 pm

N. Needleman wrote:...Is it the same boiler room from the European pilot?


I wondered the same thing -- and half expected James to stumble on Bob crouched down.

That footage is actually from the hospital (in the show), isn't it? A while since I saw that ending.

Return to “Parts Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests