Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by vicksvapor77 »

wxray wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:Did anyone notice the left hand floating in Sarah's face had the ring finger enlarged and dirty? "The spiritual mound" finger, right? I'm sure that'll be important at some point.
Nope. Didn't notice it at all... ... I posted a screenshot of that about 10 posts before yours. Maybe lost in the delay, or maybe nobody reads anything here.
Sorry, I see it now!
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

Voltaire wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:Alright, I'm dying to know someone's thought on this. Is The Fireman the same Giant or separate character? :D
He has a different name but we don't have any reason to believe that he is a different entity
And Margaret's husband was a fireman

I've never shrieked so many times out loud at my screen :mrgreen: Elated!!!! I wish there had been more show and not tell with Emily Stofle's character and Tina, that reminded me of Pete in Lost Highway's mysterious disappearance, the tease of a very f'd up incident but nothing ever fully revealed. What on earth does this have to do with Audrey???

Sarah's smile = Laura's creepy Missing Pieces smile. Something DID happen to her :shock:

Who do you think this is there of course always was supposed to make us think of Dopplecoop- how could Gordon forget that moment?

DID COOPER BRING THE EVIL WITH HIM TO TWIN PEAKS IN A CIRCULAR TIME LOOP?
Last edited by sylvia_north on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

sycamore wrote:ok everyone, I need assistance on this one. I'm keeping the cast and character list updated (see the link in my signature). In part 14, Nathan Frizell is credited as "Voice" ... he is not on the original cast list. Is this possibly the voice of Phillip Jeffries? Can anyone tell if David Bowie is speaking this line from FWWM or TMP or if it's a voiceover? thanks!
I was thinking maybe it is the voice when Sarah opens her head.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:Is anybody else in love with the fact that Monica Belluci showed up as herself in Gordon's dream? :lol:
There's an episode of The Sopranos where Tony has a dream...
Spoiler:
in which his daughter's potential mother-in-law (if I'm remember correctly...but I'm probably not) is played by Annette Bening, and in the dream Tony actually starts referring to her as Annette Bening. :lol:
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Was Jack Rabbits Palace the same place Briggs was at in his dream? Sitting in the throne at the top?
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

sycamore wrote:ok everyone, I need assistance on this one. I'm keeping the cast and character list updated (see the link in my signature). In part 14, Nathan Frizell is credited as "Voice" ... he is not on the original cast list. Is this possibly the voice of Phillip Jeffries? Can anyone tell if David Bowie is speaking this line from FWWM or TMP or if it's a voiceover? thanks!
I assumed maybe he was the voice for the squeaky window noise? I'll try to ask him on Twitter.
sylviecerise
Roadhouse Member

Post by sylviecerise »

wxray wrote:Notice the finger in Sarah's head. sarafing.JPG

And I can't put my finger on it (no pun intended), but this little snapshot reminds me of some famous recent contemporary artist's work. Anyone know? In this case, it is Lynch the painter.
sarasmile.JPG

Damn this is creepy.
Guessing you are thinking of Tony Oursler's work! Image
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

So much for Lynch not tying things together. :!:
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Basement. Wally.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
TPDpz

Post by TPDpz »

I think it's a dream. Dreams are full of inconsistencies that have been also existing in this season, does anyone think Lynch or Frost would leave them there out of their lack of talent?

It could be the struggle within of good and bad that we all share. It's a classic story built beautifully. Dreams can also have visitors and dreams within dreams. Who is the dreamer?

Dream definition in Merriam-Webster.

: a series of thoughts, images, or emotions occurring during sleep had a dream about climbing a mountain gives me bad dreams — compare rem sleep

: an experience of waking life having the characteristics of a dream: such as a : a visionary (see 1visionary 2a) creation of the imagination : daydream the dreams of her youth b : a state of mind marked by abstraction or release from reality : reverie walking around in a dream c : an object seen in a dreamlike state : vision a man that was her dream come true

: something notable for its beauty, excellence, or enjoyable quality the new car is a dream to operate

Twin Peaks is all of the above. :)
blackcoffeemoonlight

Post by blackcoffeemoonlight »

thedougpa wrote:Was Jack Rabbits Palace the same place Briggs was at in his dream? Sitting in the throne at the top?
I like to think so. Awesome connection to old series if so.

Worst song at roadhouse yet, but best episode besides 8 in series so far.

Is Dougie going to snap out of it once Cole grabs him in Vegas and saves him from Cheetos woman?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I've said it before since around part 4, but Gordon Cole having an in-depth dream about the actual Monica Bellucci is just further evidence David Lynch is gleefully skewering himself and his image as a lover of ladies and finer things with Gordon this season - while also enjoying making mischief.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

Crazy episode, probably a new favorite... but wtf the Lessie scene about? Really the opposite tone of most of the Roadhouse performances thus far :|
blackcoffeemoonlight

Post by blackcoffeemoonlight »

asmahan wrote:Crazy episode, probably a new favorite... but wtf the Lessie scene about? Really the opposite tone of most of the Roadhouse performances thus far :|
Yup first miss on a musical track. Even James Hurley was making fun of them.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

When did the Great Northern start employing security guards? We certainly never saw them in the old series. Well, I guess after a couple of shootings occur that guests might start to feel not so safe.

Frank could have given Cole better information about what they found regarding Cooper...like how it contains a message from Cooper's old girlfriend about the good Dale being trapped in the lodge. Also, the "two Coopers" idea came to Truman due to the transmission print out from Briggs. Also, he should have mentioned that the GN just received a key to Cooper's old room.

I seem to remember a photo of the exterior of Sarah's bar in the old spoiler thread.

Who is "the dreamer"? Obviously, it's David Lynch :)