Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BGate
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by BGate »

So, the story Albert tells Tammy, the woman who killed her own double...safe to say that's foreshadowing?
blackcoffeemoonlight

Post by blackcoffeemoonlight »

Why did that FBI guy in Vegas have a meltdown or go into a roid rage?
Jadegive2rides

Post by Jadegive2rides »

vicksvapor77 wrote:Did anyone notice the left hand floating in Sarah's face had the ring finger enlarged and dirty? "The spiritual mound" finger, right? I'm sure that'll be important at some point.

Yes, and also the finger the owl ring goes on. Sarah has been to the red room perhaps? Or maybe she was made in it. :idea:
Call for help
gary2381
Roadhouse Member

Post by gary2381 »

sylvia_north wrote:
Voltaire wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:Alright, I'm dying to know someone's thought on this. Is The Fireman the same Giant or separate character? :D
He has a different name but we don't have any reason to believe that he is a different entity
And Margaret's husband was a fireman

I've never shrieked so many times out loud at my screen :mrgreen: Elated!!!! I wish there had been more show and not tell with Emily Stofle's character and Tina, that reminded me of Pete in Lost Highway's mysterious disappearance, the tease of a very f'd up incident but nothing ever fully revealed. What on earth does this have to do with Audrey???

Sarah's smile = Laura's creepy Missing Pieces smile. Something DID happen to her :shock:

Who do you think this is there of course always was supposed to make us think of Dopplecoop- how could Gordon forget that moment?

DID COOPER BRING THE EVIL WITH HIM TO TWIN PEAKS IN A CIRCULAR TIME LOOP?
That is exactly what Jean Renault accused him of.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

asmahan wrote:Crazy episode, probably a new favorite... but wtf the Lessie scene about? Really the opposite tone of most of the Roadhouse performances thus far :|
And why does (admittedly brief) googling not turn up anything for this band? Is it fictitious? [EDIT: Ooops... I Googlenated the wrong name :roll: ]

Interesting that Freddie and James are talking about who is playing tonight at the Roadhouse. The MC only introduces three acts at the Roadhouse so far. I wonder if James really played there.
Last edited by garethw on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

sylviecerise wrote:
wxray wrote:Notice the finger in Sarah's head. sarafing.JPG

And I can't put my finger on it (no pun intended), but this little snapshot reminds me of some famous recent contemporary artist's work. Anyone know? In this case, it is Lynch the painter.
sarasmile.JPG

Damn this is creepy.
Guessing you are thinking of Tony Oursler's work! Image
I think that's it! Thank you.
blackcoffeemoonlight

That was awesome and scary when Sarah with her BOB hair told that drunk I 'm going to eat you.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

N. Needleman wrote:Every week I have no idea what I'll see - and I spoiled myself for 14.
I don't know why you do this.
Esselgee wrote:I'm really hoping that Sarah only became "possessed" recently and hasn't been like that almost her whole life.

I feel it should have been Hawk that got to meet with the Fireman.
I really think Andy was the perfect person. The image of Andy in that surreal context is perfect. It could be argued that Hawk would have been a bit on the nose given his knowledge of spiritual lore of the area. There's something about the simpleness of Andy which seems to make him the perfect receptacle for ???????'s message. I think Andy is very open due to his simple and pure-of-heart nature, and he's going to take everything very literally and go with it. There's also something great about the oft-bumbling Andy suddenly having tremendous knowledge and assuming an unlikely leadership role in the group.
Esselgee wrote:It's really a shame that Ray Wise seems to have only gotten a single short scene in The Return.
Well, he's dead. I think we'll see more of him just like we'll see more of Laura. There are four more hours to go.
430RichardandLinda

Post by 430RichardandLinda »

HOLY ALSKDJFALKJSDF;ALKJSDF THAT WAS SO GOOD!

I cheered when Chad was arrested, not gonna lie.
SARAH???????? Ohohoho that was creepy, but I don't know if she's the Mother. They seem to have a different murder M.O. (Mother is more similar to the woodsmen in that the heads are pretty much obliterated, Sarah only went for the jugular).
Did anyone else think the footage of the Sheriff's Dept boys was slowed down while they were walking to the portal? Or was my laptop just glitchy/did I drink too much wine with this episode? It would make sense in the context of Albert and Gordon's scene with the Buckhorn portal, which IIRC was also a little wonky speed-wise...
The flashing bright lights during Lissie's performance immediately made me think of the Lodge. Combined with the creepy music over the Billy story, I think it's only going to get crazier from here.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Jasper wrote:I don't know why you do this.
It was an accident.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

garethw wrote:
asmahan wrote:Crazy episode, probably a new favorite... but wtf the Lessie scene about? Really the opposite tone of most of the Roadhouse performances thus far :|
And why does (admittedly brief) googling not turn up anything for this band? Is it fictitious?

Interesting that Freddie and James are talking about who is playing tonight at the Roadhouse. The MC only introduces three acts at the Roadhouse so far. I wonder if James really played there.

LOL. Oh... Lissie.

Alrighty then, back to lurking.
blackcoffeemoonlight

garethw wrote:
And why does (admittedly brief) googling not turn up anything for this band? Is it fictitious?

Lissie is a real artist

That song and that Shawn Colvin song in Vegas were the two worst tracks
Last edited by blackcoffeemoonlight on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
430RichardandLinda

Post by 430RichardandLinda »

Also, before I forget... "It's a world of truckers." Mr. C might not get a warm reception from Sarah when he gets to Twin Peaks, given who he's been working with...

Did Glove Boy's story remind anyone else of that creepy ghost story about Jenny (was that her name?) with the green ribbon that everyone told at camp?
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

garethw wrote:

It's Lissie I think I just spelled it incorrectly.
The over-exuberance of the announcer's and band's performances, complete with lip syncing mistakes, seemed to be on purpose, it just didn't mesh well with the preceding conversation.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

If there was one character I'd say would never be In a Lodge like scene, Andy would be at the top of the list... But it worked for me. He is pure of heart, and true innocence. And also when forced to watch the Greatest Hits of Lynch's Return, the Bob image reminded me of Andy taping up all those Have You Seen This Man posters.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?