Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Esselgee
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:44 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Esselgee » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:51 pm

So Diane has never seen a picture of her half sister's husband? I guess she didn't go to the wedding either. It sounds like Janey-E wasn't originally from Las Vegas. Did she move there after she met Dougie or before?
User avatar
chromereflectsimage
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby chromereflectsimage » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:52 pm

The guy in the jail cell mimicking Naido's sounds reminds me of Ronnie Rocket, also the repeated dialogue is similar to Dougie.
dronerstone
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby dronerstone » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:54 pm

Esselgee wrote:So Diane has never seen a picture of her half sister's husband? I guess she didn't go to the wedding either. It sounds like Janey-E wasn't originally from Las Vegas. Did she move there after she met Dougie or before?


Or she was lying altogether. Which could easily be the case here. After learning she's been texting with someone about things, I don't trust her anymore... yet.
User avatar
Jasper
Posts: 872
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:24 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Jasper » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:55 pm

WindyTrees wrote:When the giant introduced himself as the fireman and put his hand up in the air, it made me think of scouts honor. He who helps others at all times.


It's like a typical pledge gesture going back to ancient times. (In the scout version the pinkie and thumb touch in front of the palm.)

One of the woodsmen in FWWM puts his hand up in the air like this with a jerky sped-up effect. I think he does this twice in a row.
Hester Prynne
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:10 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Hester Prynne » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:00 pm

WhiteLodge90 wrote:Have only briefly seen this mentioned on here but the roadhouse end scene I feel is very important to the story.

- This whole episode especially the beginning with Cole talked about dreams...
- Audrey is apparently suppose to be seeing Billy
- Many think Audrey is dreaming or in a dream like state.
- The girl in the roadhouse says her mom and Billy had a thing (This is not a coincidence nor is Billy just randomly with a bunch of women.)
- The girl says her moms name is "Tina" This is immidately followed by a weird look from the other girl and scary ominous music.
- The girl can't remember if her uncle is there. She says this a few times. Seems like an important point

There is a few questions I have..

Has there been a character thus far named Tina? or Christina?
Is Tina proof that we are in someones dream? Or is this part of Audrey's dream?
Is Audrey dreaming she has the life of Tina?
Who else looked for the name Linda in the credits tonight thinking the girl at the bar was her?


Yep - I looked in the credits, too, but I was also looking for a Horne last name. There was definitely something off about her recounting of the story and the other girl asking what her her mother's name was. Thanks for mentioning the musical queues in the scene, too. And now we have a Paula, as well as a Paul. It seems odd that she wouldn't remember whether or not her uncle was there given this was such a memorable moment and only happened two days ago.
User avatar
docLEXfisti
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:59 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby docLEXfisti » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:00 pm

dronerstone wrote:
Esselgee wrote:So Diane has never seen a picture of her half sister's husband? I guess she didn't go to the wedding either. It sounds like Janey-E wasn't originally from Las Vegas. Did she move there after she met Dougie or before?


Or she was lying altogether. Which could easily be the case here. After learning she's been texting with someone about things, I don't trust her anymore... yet.

Didn't she say she didn't see her in a long time?
User avatar
chromereflectsimage
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby chromereflectsimage » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:02 pm

WhiteLodge90 wrote:Have only briefly seen this mentioned on here but the roadhouse end scene I feel is very important to the story.

- This whole episode especially the beginning with Cole talked about dreams...
- Audrey is apparently suppose to be seeing Billy
- Many think Audrey is dreaming or in a dream like state.
- The girl in the roadhouse says her mom and Billy had a thing (This is not a coincidence nor is Billy just randomly with a bunch of women.)
- The girl says her moms name is "Tina" This is immidately followed by a weird look from the other girl and scary ominous music.
- The girl can't remember if her uncle is there. She says this a few times. Seems like an important point

There is a few questions I have..

Has there been a character thus far named Tina? or Christina?
Is Tina proof that we are in someones dream? Or is this part of Audrey's dream?
Is Audrey dreaming she has the life of Tina?
Who else looked for the name Linda in the credits tonight thinking the girl at the bar was her?

Audrey said Chuck told her Tina was the last person to see Billy. Charlie called Tina but wouldn't tell Audrey what she said.
dronerstone
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby dronerstone » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:05 pm

docLEXfisti wrote:
dronerstone wrote:Or she was lying altogether. Which could easily be the case here. After learning she's been texting with someone about things, I don't trust her anymore... yet.

Didn't she say she didn't see her in a long time?


Yup, years iirc. Still weird considering that "Vegas?" text some weeks back and Gordon/Albert trying to figure out what it might be they haven't asked her about in regards to Las Vegas.

Something reeks of foul play here. Let's see what happens...
User avatar
WhiteLodge90
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:45 pm
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby WhiteLodge90 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:05 pm

chromereflectsimage wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:Have only briefly seen this mentioned on here but the roadhouse end scene I feel is very important to the story.

- This whole episode especially the beginning with Cole talked about dreams...
- Audrey is apparently suppose to be seeing Billy
- Many think Audrey is dreaming or in a dream like state.
- The girl in the roadhouse says her mom and Billy had a thing (This is not a coincidence nor is Billy just randomly with a bunch of women.)
- The girl says her moms name is "Tina" This is immidately followed by a weird look from the other girl and scary ominous music.
- The girl can't remember if her uncle is there. She says this a few times. Seems like an important point

There is a few questions I have..

Has there been a character thus far named Tina? or Christina?
Is Tina proof that we are in someones dream? Or is this part of Audrey's dream?
Is Audrey dreaming she has the life of Tina?
Who else looked for the name Linda in the credits tonight thinking the girl at the bar was her?

Audrey said Chuck told her Tina was the last person to see Billy. Charlie called Tina but wouldn't tell Audrey what she said.


Interesting thanks! I kind of blacked out all the names thrown out in that episode. So Tina was the woman Audrey apparently doesn't like but Chuck calls and won't tell Audrey what she said... Maybe and this is a big hunch.. Tina and that whole story is a fragment for Audrey's awakening from her coma/dream. What that would infer for the rest of our story I don't quite know.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
dronerstone
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby dronerstone » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Definitely not in the Coma Camp until there's some kind of confirmation of this...
User avatar
yaxomoxay
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby yaxomoxay » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Audrey Horne wrote:It looked like Andy was prepping Lucy before bringing her into a room, to see or identify someone. Everything Andy saw was important, so I imagine there's weight to this Andy, Lucy moment.


She looks left and right sever times. Is she looking at two Sheriff Truman?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Cappy
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:27 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Cappy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:12 pm

- I'm glad Andy got to be the one who was sucked into the White Lodge -- his innocent perspective, while often portrayed as being a hindrance on his ability as a sheriff's deputy, can actually be a powerful strength in many contexts. Andy seems to take everything at a literal, face value level, but that frees him up to accept the most obvious and intrinsic truths of the universe. Plus Andy is the closest in mannerisms and demeanor to Senor Droolcup from the original series... it figures he'd be the one to meet the Giant/Fireman.

Not only does Andy have the empathy to recognize the suffering of Naido in the woods and attempt to lend her comfort, but it was a nice character moment for him, to see how far he's come from breaking down in tears at the site of Laura's corpse in the pilot.

- I wonder if Sarah only became a bad thing during the past few years, or if she was like this during the original series, and somehow complicit in Laura's murder. I always thought, at the very least, Sarah had some awareness of the constant abuse, but she chose to ignore and repress it.

- I'm worried about what is hiding inside of the Great Northern. I hope Audrey isn't some frightening thing like the contents of Room 237 from the Shining, possibly hiding inside of room 315? I'm still not convinced that Audrey and Charlie's scenes take place in the 'real' world, at least not in the same way that Shelly and Bobby's scenes do. The conversation at the Roadhouse seems to indicate some factual basis to Audrey's predicament...?

- Was Billy the drunk guy locked up in jail along with Chad and Naido?

- Awful lot of crowd shots during the final performance -- was there a pertinent character in the audience that we were supposed to notice?
User avatar
blue_tomorrows
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby blue_tomorrows » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:18 pm

- Awful lot of crowd shots during the final performance -- was there a pertinent character in the audience that we were supposed to notice?


I thought so initially, too...but after re-watching, it appears that the lead singer of Lissie is one of those singers who has a particularly tough time with lip-sync. Might explain all the cutaways. But who knows?
User avatar
chromereflectsimage
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby chromereflectsimage » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:20 pm

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
chromereflectsimage wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:Have only briefly seen this mentioned on here but the roadhouse end scene I feel is very important to the story.

- This whole episode especially the beginning with Cole talked about dreams...
- Audrey is apparently suppose to be seeing Billy
- Many think Audrey is dreaming or in a dream like state.
- The girl in the roadhouse says her mom and Billy had a thing (This is not a coincidence nor is Billy just randomly with a bunch of women.)
- The girl says her moms name is "Tina" This is immidately followed by a weird look from the other girl and scary ominous music.
- The girl can't remember if her uncle is there. She says this a few times. Seems like an important point

There is a few questions I have..

Has there been a character thus far named Tina? or Christina?
Is Tina proof that we are in someones dream? Or is this part of Audrey's dream?
Is Audrey dreaming she has the life of Tina?
Who else looked for the name Linda in the credits tonight thinking the girl at the bar was her?

Audrey said Chuck told her Tina was the last person to see Billy. Charlie called Tina but wouldn't tell Audrey what she said.


Interesting thanks! I kind of blacked out all the names thrown out in that episode. So Tina was the woman Audrey apparently doesn't like but Chuck calls and won't tell Audrey what she said... Maybe and this is a big hunch.. Tina and that whole story is a fragment for Audrey's awakening from her coma/dream. What that would infer for the rest of our story I don't quite know.


The other girl pointed out that Tina's daughter was spending too much time getting high in the 'nut house,' but Tina's daughter denied it. Friend then proceeded to warn her not to go to the 'nut' place.
Last edited by chromereflectsimage on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vicksvapor77
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby vicksvapor77 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:21 pm

So why could Andy, Bobby, Hawk and Frank see the Twin Peaks vortex but only Gordon (and maybe Albert, who was pulling him back) see the Buckhorn vortex?

Return to “Parts Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests