Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

claaa7
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:47 am

Re: RE: Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby claaa7 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:26 am

sewhite2000 wrote:
rdowens1215 wrote:
djsunyc wrote:i have a bad feeling that the hum behind the door in the basement is where the woodsmen will appear from and we will see the end of james on his birthday.
I can only hope.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk


Wow, really? Anyone who wishes James dead is no friend of mine ...


co-sign.. the James hate is ridiciolous. he was dealt some shitty storylines and some constipated dialouge in Season 2 but i Always liked him as a character and was very glad to see him in episode 2 and 13/14.
claaa7
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:47 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby claaa7 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:28 am

SpookyDollhouse wrote:Very strange: https://twitter.com/NathanFrizzell/stat ... 3373888512


what did this status say? i know the earlier message about who he was playing in this episode..

now his Twitter account is private. i wonder if he got chastised by Lynch and/or Frost for revealing something he shouldnt?
User avatar
wxray
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 5:04 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby wxray » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:10 am

claaa7 wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:Very strange: https://twitter.com/NathanFrizzell/stat ... 3373888512


what did this status say? i know the earlier message about who he was playing in this episode..

now his Twitter account is private. i wonder if he got chastised by Lynch and/or Frost for revealing something he shouldnt?

It said... And forgive me this is from memory... Something like this:

- NF: It was an honor to do the voice for the great David Bowie.

- Q: Why?

- NF: Had to change a "this" to a "that" or something, not that it seems to matter.

EDIT: I see you knew that. I don't know about the status and I don't know why the other poster said "Very Strange". It all looked normal to me, except for the fact he was voicing over a scene almost exactly as it was presented before, which is strange.

I didn't see anything else on my quick look about him doing future scenes. If he gave any of that away, I didn't see it. So, I think the Jeffries character is not closed yet. We have no idea how much more there may be. I'm wondering if he didn't let a little of that slip... But I don't care because I hate spoilers. We'll find out soon enough.
Last edited by wxray on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
dustoff
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:28 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby dustoff » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:11 am

Firewalkwithme91 wrote:- I love the sudden arrest of Chad. People have been speculating if the Twin Peaks police does any work at all besides looking at 25 year-old cases. Well, it seems like Truman and Hawk were always in the know but we didn´t see them talking about it. If you look at other shows that came out in the last years like say Breaking Bad, Chad´s arrestment would´ve been a season-long arc with twists and turns and a lot of mini-climaxes in between. But this is not Breaking Bad (although BB is fucking amazing) and that´s why it was refreshing to me.


This was the only part of this excellent episode that felt sorta disappointing to me. I think it's because the character of Chad seemed to serve no narrative purpose in the show, at all: He was just a jerk, who intercepted Miriam's letter to no effect. So his arrest felt a bit inconsequential, as ultimately pointless as his entire presence in the series. The "drama" of his arrest thus felt a little empty: What were the consequences of his bad behavior, the evidence that would have led the other deputies to have been "watching him" for months?

All this is based on the assumption, though, that Chad's arc is effectively complete; we'll see where it goes. (Seems kinda mean -- and potentially reckless -- of the cops to have put Naido in such close proximity to those other guys -- but maybe I'm thinking too much about it.)
User avatar
wxray
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 5:04 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby wxray » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:15 am

dustoff wrote:All this is based on the assumption, though, that Chad's arc is effectively complete; we'll see where it goes. (Seems kinda mean -- and potentially reckless -- of the cops to have put Naido in such close proximity to those other guys -- but maybe I'm thinking too much about it.)


No you are not thinking too much! I think there's something here with these three characters in close proximity, which we will see unfold. Something's up.
User avatar
Meaxylon
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:31 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Meaxylon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 am

dustoff wrote:
Firewalkwithme91 wrote:- I love the sudden arrest of Chad. People have been speculating if the Twin Peaks police does any work at all besides looking at 25 year-old cases. Well, it seems like Truman and Hawk were always in the know but we didn´t see them talking about it. If you look at other shows that came out in the last years like say Breaking Bad, Chad´s arrestment would´ve been a season-long arc with twists and turns and a lot of mini-climaxes in between. But this is not Breaking Bad (although BB is fucking amazing) and that´s why it was refreshing to me.


This was the only part of this excellent episode that felt sorta disappointing to me. I think it's because the character of Chad seemed to serve no narrative purpose in the show, at all: He was just a jerk, who intercepted Miriam's letter to no effect. So his arrest felt a bit inconsequential, as ultimately pointless as his entire presence in the series. The "drama" of his arrest thus felt a little empty: What were the consequences of his bad behavior, the evidence that would have led the other deputies to have been "watching him" for months?

All this is based on the assumption, though, that Chad's arc is effectively complete; we'll see where it goes. (Seems kinda mean -- and potentially reckless -- of the cops to have put Naido in such close proximity to those other guys -- but maybe I'm thinking too much about it.)


Maybe they had been watching him because he was in on the drug trade, or being on the take? We saw him receiving money from Richard Horne in an early episode.
User avatar
dustoff
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:28 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby dustoff » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:23 am

trismegistus wrote:I've not been able to read every page because of how much this episode has been sizzling, but I wanted to mention how, after Andy exists the portal, that Frank, Hawk, and Bobby arrive at their standing places around Jack Rabbit's Palace while cross fading from several different takes that have them arriving from several different directions. It makes me believe that more could be said about converging timelines or dimensions.


I read this as just a visual representation of their states of mind: scattered, spaced out, laggy.
User avatar
Hockey Mask
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Hockey Mask » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:25 am

PREDICTION:
The boiler room scene in the European TP movie will be reused for what's behind the door.
User avatar
Novalis
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Novalis » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:37 am

Sorry if this has already been posted, Referendum alerted me to it in another thread and I felt it was too good not to share:

Image

This (left) is the cafe where Cole meets Bellucci and her friends in the dream. On the right, which is the direction he turns when prompted by Bellucci, is an exhibition space by David Lynch.

This is marvellous.
Last edited by Novalis on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
User avatar
GrapesOnTheEdge
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby GrapesOnTheEdge » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:42 am

Jerry Horne wrote:Do not talk about future spoilers.

Do not link to future spoilers.

You want to help people with spoilers? Go to Reddit. Don't do it here.

We've come too far to fuck things up now.



Go get 'em, Jerry.
User avatar
Nighthawk
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:49 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Nighthawk » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:46 am

So it seems that there are now several known entrances to other realms:
- Glastonbury grove sycamore ring and curtains leading to the waiting room
- South Dakota vortex leading to the black lodge / convenience store
- Jack rabbits palace vortex leading to the white lodge / fireman's house
- new York glass box leading to an unknown place where the experiment/mother resides

Are there any more? Cheat Desmond disappeared from existence at the fat trout trailer park and Jeffries materialized out of thin air in Buenos Aires as well as in Philadelphia this office.
User avatar
Coffee
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:43 pm

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby Coffee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:51 am

Novalis wrote:Sorry if this has already been posted, Referendum alerted me to it in another thread and I felt it was too good not to share:

Image

This (left) is the cafe where Cole meets Bellucci and her friends in the dream. On the right, which is the direction he turns when prompted by Bellucci, is an exhibition space by David Lynch.

This is marvellous.


Amazing.
ShelleyAgedWell
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:42 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby ShelleyAgedWell » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:01 am

Not unreasonably, everyone is assuming the scene we saw during Andy's meeting with the Fireman involving Lucy will be very meaningful/significant to the overall plot.
I don't necessarily think so.
Perhaps when Lucy and Andy were browsing the furniture website in an earlier episode, they each ordered a different chair and Lucy being Lucy, she is overreacting to having to choose between the two chairs?

Another trivial meaning to the scene we saw could be in relation to Lucy's fear of mobile phones. While not the type of mobile phone that most would think of upon hearing the term, an office phone that is mobile/handset (see example in spoiler below) may be installed (or was installed, if it is a flashback) at Lucy's desk, causing her anxiety.
Spoiler:
Image


Alternatively, she's seeing Good Coop back in the Sheriff's Department for the first time in 25 years and while nonplussed by that fact, focuses on a mobile phone he is holding?

One flaw I can think of with this theory is would the Fireman show Andy something so insignificant? Or maybe the Fireman doesn't give the people he meets new information, but somehow encourages them to think for themselves, to delve deep into what they already know and predict what will happen in the future (in this case, Andy might foresee the two chair scenario)?
ShelleyAgedWell
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:42 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby ShelleyAgedWell » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 am

Nighthawk wrote:So it seems that there are now several known entrances to other realms:
- Glastonbury grove sycamore ring and curtains leading to the waiting room
- South Dakota vortex leading to the black lodge / convenience store
- Jack rabbits palace vortex leading to the white lodge / fireman's house
- new York glass box leading to an unknown place where the experiment/mother resides

Are there any more? Cheat Desmond disappeared from existence at the fat trout trailer park and Jeffries materialized out of thin air in Buenos Aires as well as in Philadelphia this office.


London vortex, which from Freddie's story sounds like it leads to the Fireman.
ShelleyAgedWell
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:42 am

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Postby ShelleyAgedWell » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:15 am

BGate wrote:
KyleRickards wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:
Interesting thanks! I kind of blacked out all the names thrown out in that episode. So Tina was the woman Audrey apparently doesn't like but Chuck calls and won't tell Audrey what she said... Maybe and this is a big hunch.. Tina and that whole story is a fragment for Audrey's awakening from her coma/dream. What that would infer for the rest of our story I don't quite know.


Can I check...

Billy is the guy who owned a truck, which Richard Horne stole?

Billy was supposed to meet Andy after their initial meeting but failed to show?

We then wondered if Richard had killed Billy?

Billy is now in jail in Twin Peaks, looking like the zombie child in the car outside the diner that Bobby witnessed?

Is that right?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


No. The man Andy was supposed to meet was simply credited as "Farmer" and he was not the same man in the jail cell who was credited as "Drunk."

We have not seen Billy yet.


I agree with this. I do think the shack we saw behind the Farmer during his scene with Andy, which we later saw with its door ajar has something to do with the "Billy jumped over a six foot fence" story the girl in the Roadhouse was telling. The door was left ajar because possibly Billy departed from that place in a hurry. Another vortex location perhaps?

Return to “Parts Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests