Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by djsunyc »

vicksvapor77 wrote:Alright, I'm dying to know someone's thought on this. Is The Fireman the same Giant or separate character? :D
same character imho.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I'm still holding out for the townsfolk (Ed, Norma, Nadine, Jacoby, James, Shelly, etc.) to combat the invading Woodsmen with golden shovels and Freddie's One Punch like a Walking Dead season finale.

I am pretty sure the Fireman is One and the Same.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

N. Needleman wrote:I'm still holding out for the townsfolk (Ed, Norma, Nadine, Jacoby, James, Shelly, etc.) to combat the invading Woodsmen with golden shovels and Freddie's One Punch like a Walking Dead season finale.

that would be madness lol...absolute madness.
Voltaire
Roadhouse Member

Post by Voltaire »

vicksvapor77 wrote:Alright, I'm dying to know someone's thought on this. Is The Fireman the same Giant or separate character? :D
He has a different name but we don't have any reason to believe that he is a different entity
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

N. Needleman wrote:I'm still holding out for the townsfolk (Ed, Norma, Nadine, Jacoby, James, Shelly, etc.) to combat the invading Woodsmen with golden shovels and Freddie's One Punch like a Walking Dead season finale.

We did see Jacoby's internet show so maybe he'll hear the Woodsmen coming and warn the town and they can all go to battle?!

I really hope they're one in the same but I'm really worried they're not going to clarify one way or the other.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Voltaire wrote:
He has a different name but we don't have any reason to believe that he is a different entity
Well, we've seen a few actors play different characters this season, for one
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

vicksvapor77 wrote:We did see Jacoby's internet show so maybe he'll hear the Woodsmen coming and warn the town and they can all go to battle?!
I think Jacoby's webcast is apt to be invaded by the Woodsmen ala the radio station to try to repeat what they did in '56. But again, that sounds like a much more conventional fan service-y finale than we are likely to get. Still, would be awesome.
I really hope they're one in the same but I'm really worried they're not going to clarify one way or the other.
I am 99% sure. Not even thinking about it.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

I'm a little annoyed Albert called the 1975 case "the first one that started it all." Started the Blue Rose Task Force specifically? Take what Albert said in part 12. Seems to contradict the history here, doesn't it?
In 1970, the United States Air Force shut down Project Blue Book, their 20-year investigation into UFOs. They concluded that no credible evidence existed and therefore they posed no threat to national security. In other words, a massive cover-up. Cheers.

A few years later, the military and FBI formed a top secret task force to explore the troubling abstractions raised by cases Blue Book failed to resolve. We called it the Blue Rose after a phrase uttered by a woman in one of these cases just before she died which suggested these answers could not be reached except by an alternate path we’ve been traveling ever since.
Last edited by vicksvapor77 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

He does say 'a few years later'.
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

What you all said... Just stunning, with many plot lines moved along.

And I am now convinced I need to finally take that hiking trip to the Pacific Northwest, on a sunny day of course. Some great cinematography out in the woods.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

N. Needleman wrote:He does say 'a few years later'.
Yeah but "to explore the troubling abstractions raised by cases Blue Book failed to resolve." That seems to contradict it to me. Unless this "first case" reopened the weirdness and then they went back in time to investigate unresolved Blue Book cases?
Last edited by vicksvapor77 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RainingPostToasties
Roadhouse Member

Post by RainingPostToasties »

Another great night for Twin Peaks.

What else did Andy learn from the Fireman's home movies?
Will the FBI book it straight to Vegas?
Are the woodsmen coming for Naido, and what is her function in Lodge mythos?
Are the Great Northern's and the furnace's hums the worldly entry point for spirits?
My god, Sarah! Does she really not remember what happened or is that a ruse? Confirmed that she ate the grocery boy? Billy, too, maybe?
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

RainingPostToasties wrote: My god, Sarah! Does she really not remember what happened or is that a ruse? Confirmed that she ate the grocery boy? Billy, too, maybe?
Just like Leland. One minute he is molesting, the next minute he doesn't remember.
dropkick23
Roadhouse Member

Post by dropkick23 »

That roadhouse song was gawdawful. I'm still in awe...Just. Why?
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

Ok, building to the eye of the duck. I only hope we don't get too many more long expository scenes like Freddie's. I'm in the camp of relishing evry episode, but still this one is special as it built on the foundation of the last 13 quite impressively. Lets hope this continues. The groundwork has been laid, now lets see the pay off, it should be monumental, like faces of stone.

The Roadhouse scene was wonderufully ambiguous, especially the reactions of plaid shirt girl, possibly a lodge entity?

Hints of Audrey being in a "nut house"?
There's your roast beef and cheese.