Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mickeyfickey
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by mickeyfickey »

trismegistus wrote:
frompureair wrote:Which musicians are left at this point? I know Cruise and Vedder but who else? Can't remember.
The Veils. Just released a phenomenal album last year: Total Depravity. Lots of connections with the new season can be found on it.
Really hope In The Nightfall is the song performed. It's got such a Peaks vibe to it
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

mickeyfickey wrote:
trismegistus wrote:
frompureair wrote:Which musicians are left at this point? I know Cruise and Vedder but who else? Can't remember.
The Veils. Just released a phenomenal album last year: Total Depravity. Lots of connections with the new season can be found on it.
Really hope In The Nightfall is the song performed. It's got such a Peaks vibe to it
I noticed the band has made a lot of updates on social media this week, so my guess will be that we'll hear it tonight.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

BIG feeling Julee is going to be the final performance, possibly the closer.
frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Post by frompureair »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:BIG feeling Julee is going to be the final performance, possibly the closer.
Oh yeah for sure I can't even imagine Dale standing in the roadhouse with her performing. Only thing would be which song? Hopefully she does more than one. Almost certain now that it f the double hit in Vegas is Janey and Sonny Jim then that will be the Vedder episode which I'm hoping isn't the case but this is twin peaks after all so nothing is off the table. So close
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

trismegistus wrote:
mickeyfickey wrote:
trismegistus wrote:
I noticed the band has made a lot of updates on social media this week, so my guess will be that we'll hear it tonight.
from what Dean Hurley said none of the musicians know when and/or which episode they will appear in
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

I'm sure Julee Cruise will be the last Roadhouse performance.

And I'd bet Audrey and one of the other female cast members will be the last Roadhouse Girls conversation in that booth, right before Julee's song starts.

I don't mean I think Audrey will be drawn into the main plot. I just think given what a big deal it was in Parts 12-13, now matter what her bizarre situation is she'll make it to the Roadhouse and that'll be the last installment of The Off-Screen Saga of Billy.
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

I Just want to throw out there that Green Glove Boy may be James' imaginary friend, so to speak. That makes me feel better about him a little bit. James is waiting for the last delivery alone. No one interacted with Freddie in the Roadhouse, did they?

James is the one communicating with The Fireman.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

edit: contains ep 15 spoiler
Spoiler:
Deep Thought wrote:I Just want to throw out there that Green Glove Boy may be James' imaginary friend, so to speak. That makes me feel better about him a little bit. James is waiting for the last delivery alone. No one interacted with Freddie in the Roadhouse, did they?

James is the one communicating with The Fireman.
Yeah, a guy said "fuck you, punk" to him, and in the jail Chad said something like "what's that gloved freak done this time?". I'm trying to just see that guy as a comedy character, but hard to do that when it looks like he might be so pivotal...
Last edited by alreadygoneplaces on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fortinbras

Post by fortinbras »

Spoiler:
Are you writing about a scene in part 15?
Last edited by fortinbras on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

fortinbras wrote:
Spoiler:
Are you writing about a scene in part 15?
My apologies, I was responding a post relating to ep 15 and lost track of which thread I was in. I've edited my post, but your post quoted me, please edit! Sorry again...
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

claaa7 wrote:
cgs027 wrote:
KyleRickards wrote:
I didn't read it that way at all?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Even if the double header had occurred, why would that be on their radar? Vegas just popped up for the first time during their discussion with Diane, after which they immediately called the Vegas FBI. The only thing they know about Douglas Jones is that there was a ring inscribed to him found in Brigg's corpse, and thus, he's now a suspect.
i have only watched this episode oce and i made a mistake in answering that i thought the double header someone asked about was the earlier mention by Mister C of a double header that needed to be taken care of in Vegas (as that part had been discussed earlier in this thread). if Cole mentioned it it's indeed quite obvious that it's about Ruth / Briggs
I'm still confused everyone saying BRiggs/Davenport? Have I missed something?

cgs027
RR Diner Member

Post by cgs027 »

KyleRickards wrote:
claaa7 wrote:
cgs027 wrote:
Even if the double header had occurred, why would that be on their radar? Vegas just popped up for the first time during their discussion with Diane, after which they immediately called the Vegas FBI. The only thing they know about Douglas Jones is that there was a ring inscribed to him found in Brigg's corpse, and thus, he's now a suspect.
i have only watched this episode oce and i made a mistake in answering that i thought the double header someone asked about was the earlier mention by Mister C of a double header that needed to be taken care of in Vegas (as that part had been discussed earlier in this thread). if Cole mentioned it it's indeed quite obvious that it's about Ruth / Briggs

Cole calls the Vegas FBI and tells them that Douglas Jones is associated with a double homicide. Whom else would they possibly be referring to besides Briggs/Davenport (a ring with his name on it was found in one of the corpses -- and they had just discussed this with Diane a few minutes prior to the call)?!
Last edited by cgs027 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

cgs027 wrote:
KyleRickards wrote:
claaa7 wrote:

Cole calls the Vegas FBI and tell them that Douglas Jones is associated with a double homicide. Whom else would they possibly be referring to besides Briggs/Davenport (a ring with his name on it was found in one of the corpses -- and they had just discussed this with Diane a few minutes prior to the call)?!
Sorry, you're quite right. I had not got my head around the fact Gordon was the one to say that. I was mixing up the double homicide with the double hit. My apologies again.

LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Whoops, forgot to post my response here last week: http://www.lostinthemovies.com/2017/08/ ... -like.html. I liked this episode a lot, and ended up discussing it on the Twin Peaks Peeks podcast too (http://www.lostinthemovies.com/2017/08/ ... eturn.html).

Btw just for fun, a totally random, arbitrary ranking of the episodes in terms of personal enjoyment/interest:

1. Part 8
2. Part 11
3. Part 5
5. Part 3
6. Part 14
7. Part 7
8. Part 2
9. Part 1
10. Part 13
11. Part 10
12. Part 15
13. Part 4
14. Part 12
15. Part 9
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

Framed_Angel wrote:Moments ago I re-watched 14. Some minor things I didnt notice last time:

- Just as Gordon enters the room where Albert and Tammy were talking -- after Gordon had hung up w/ Sheriff Frank -- he hands Albert a slip of paper before saying "Diane's on her way". What he said just before that, and after ''coffee time" -- was, "Albert, I think I've got it!"
So what was that paper, and is that what Gordon was referencing with "I think I've got it"?

- At the beginning of the scene where Hawk arrives w/ the sandwiches they ordered: Deputy Andy is arranging four boxes neatly along the table. But then everything becomes about the sandwiches and/ or arresting Chad. No further mention of the boxes, has anyone seen them before or knows what they were for? Looked like metal boxes and all four were identical.

- During the bar scene with Sarah Palmer: a small lamp sits in the middle of the bar. A weird place for a lamp. At one point it was centered in the frame of a shot as Sarah replied again to the "Truck You" dude. I know electricity is a big theme and all, with probably the lamps representing it and whatnot, but that was a weird place for it. (Another scene, with Harry &Fireman in the white lodge, a shaded lamp had a distinct presence too, as elsewhere)..

Cool to finally see the credits and that "megan" is played by the IRL daughter of actress Kelly Lynch. Her standout role for me was in Drugstore Cowboy, which director Gus van Sant's work evokes as close to anything Lynch-inspired as anyone non-DKL could get, and van Sant probably deserves a recognition all his own so I feel kind of lousy for even suggesting he's any kind of derivative. Both made big impressions on me at around the same time their work was emerging to a fuller audience.
Speaking of Gus Van Sant, these Pilot-era snapshots are wow! way back machine https://tp.blogberth.com/2017/07/01/see ... ants-1989/

These boxes must be the important things regarding Briggs that were found and never elaborated on.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03