Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by N. Needleman »

Dreamy Audrey wrote:Janey-E's birth name wasn't mentioned by Diane, but I also assumed that E = Evans. But why is it hyphenated if it's her last name?
I heard her say Jane Evans and that everyone called her "Janey-E", but YMMV. I haven't watched twice, I could be wrong.

ETA: Double-checked. Diane explicitly says her half-sister's name is Jane, and "her nickname's Janey-E".
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

BigEd wrote: Probably in grade school a class had two girls who went by "Janey." One was Janey Evans. One was Janey Cole.
Janey-E went to school with Gordon Cole's daughter!!!
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Esselgee wrote:At this point, getting the real Cooper back before the final half hour of part 18 would be completely surprising.
I think there will be a move in the story line to a different timeline. Either a point now or the future and then see the real Cooper and other characters? Perhaps all this is a dream, leading up to the "reality point. Then the final parts are at a point in time now, or in the future. there is certainly one scene in the spoiler thread I can recall that would support that. There is also a far few scenes in the trailers that would suggest Cooper has a number of scenes.
mtl
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by mtl »

claaa7 wrote:
sewhite2000 wrote:
rdowens1215 wrote:I can only hope.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Wow, really? Anyone who wishes James dead is no friend of mine ...
co-sign.. the James hate is ridiciolous. he was dealt some shitty storylines and some constipated dialouge in Season 2 but i Always liked him as a character and was very glad to see him in episode 2 and 13/14.
exactly. he didn't write any of these shit storylines. He was damn GREAT in the pilot.
sure he had some shitty lines to say, some cringy scenes he had to act - but to me he's always been one of the few who defined TP. his relation with Laura, the end of the pilot, and now Naido appears on his b-day...

and that fucking song... loving it as much as I love the hate for it. doesnt make any sense if you feel what's going on in this WORLD. just you and I. TP and me forever
Endangered_Wulf
Roadhouse Member

Post by Endangered_Wulf »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:Anyone else think that Naido is Laura in a hidden form?
That's very possible.

Also...

During episode 8 we saw a creature whose arms bend backwards.
"Fire is the devil, hiding like a coward in the smoke" -Margaret Lanterman The Log Lady
Endangered_Wulf
Roadhouse Member

Wonderful & Strange wrote:Anyone else think that Naido is Laura in a hidden form?
How'bout Sarah Palmer's current state ? WOW BOB WOW !

#ScarySarahPalmer
"Fire is the devil, hiding like a coward in the smoke" -Margaret Lanterman The Log Lady
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

The Star Pics cards show James' birthday as being 1/1/73. So it should now be 10/1? 10/1/72?
Endangered_Wulf
Roadhouse Member

Esselgee wrote:The Star Pics cards show James' birthday as being 1/1/73. So it should now be 10/1? 10/1/72?
Yeah. I read a post about that somewhere on another site. I noticed many Lynch ideas completely disregard actual time and actual dates. Some say it's all about parallel timelines and everything is exactly where it should be, and others attribute time irregularities to the belief in quantum physics ------Any theory of quantum gravity has to deal with the inherent incompatibilities of quantum theory and relativity, not the least of which is the so-called “problem of time” – that time is taken to have a different meaning in quantum mechanics and general relativity. ------The B-theory of time is the name given to one of two positions regarding philosophy of time. B-theorists argue that the flow of time is an illusion, that the past, present and future are equally real, and that time is tense less.

I'm not so sure what to believe but....that's okay too.
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

Moments ago I re-watched 14. Some minor things I didnt notice last time:

- Just as Gordon enters the room where Albert and Tammy were talking -- after Gordon had hung up w/ Sheriff Frank -- he hands Albert a slip of paper before saying "Diane's on her way". What he said just before that, and after ''coffee time" -- was, "Albert, I think I've got it!"
So what was that paper, and is that what Gordon was referencing with "I think I've got it"?

- At the beginning of the scene where Hawk arrives w/ the sandwiches they ordered: Deputy Andy is arranging four boxes neatly along the table. But then everything becomes about the sandwiches and/ or arresting Chad. No further mention of the boxes, has anyone seen them before or knows what they were for? Looked like metal boxes and all four were identical.

- During the bar scene with Sarah Palmer: a small lamp sits in the middle of the bar. A weird place for a lamp. At one point it was centered in the frame of a shot as Sarah replied again to the "Truck You" dude. I know electricity is a big theme and all, with probably the lamps representing it and whatnot, but that was a weird place for it. (Another scene, with Harry &Fireman in the white lodge, a shaded lamp had a distinct presence too, as elsewhere)..

Cool to finally see the credits and that "megan" is played by the IRL daughter of actress Kelly Lynch. Her standout role for me was in Drugstore Cowboy, which director Gus van Sant's work evokes as close to anything Lynch-inspired as anyone non-DKL could get, and van Sant probably deserves a recognition all his own so I feel kind of lousy for even suggesting he's any kind of derivative. Both made big impressions on me at around the same time their work was emerging to a fuller audience.
Endangered_Wulf
Roadhouse Member

Framed_Angel wrote:Moments ago I re-watched 14. Some minor things I didnt notice last time:

- Just as Gordon enters the room where Albert and Tammy were talking -- after Gordon had hung up w/ Sheriff Frank -- he hands Albert a slip of paper before saying "Diane's on her way". What he said just before that, and after ''coffee time" -- was, "Albert, I think I've got it!"
So what was that paper, and is that what Gordon was referencing with "I think I've got it"?

- At the beginning of the scene where Hawk arrives w/ the sandwiches they ordered: Deputy Andy is arranging four boxes neatly along the table. But then everything becomes about the sandwiches and/ or arresting Chad. No further mention of the boxes, has anyone seen them before or knows what they were for? Looked like metal boxes and all four were identical.

- During the bar scene with Sarah Palmer: a small lamp sits in the middle of the bar. A weird place for a lamp. At one point it was centered in the frame of a shot as Sarah replied again to the "Truck You" dude. I know electricity is a big theme and all, with probably the lamps representing it and whatnot, but that was a weird place for it. (Another scene, with Harry &Fireman in the white lodge, a shaded lamp had a distinct presence too, as elsewhere)..

Cool to finally see the credits and that "megan" is played by the IRL daughter of actress Kelly Lynch. Her standout role for me was in Drugstore Cowboy, which director Gus van Sant's work evokes as close to anything Lynch-inspired as anyone non-DKL could get, and van Sant probably deserves a recognition all his own so I feel kind of lousy for even suggesting he's any kind of derivative. Both made big impressions on me at around the same time their work was emerging to a fuller audience.
Excellent. Superior. Observations.
starmand
Roadhouse Member

Post by starmand »

Framed_Angel wrote:Moments ago I re-watched 14. Some minor things I didnt notice last time:

I think Cole figured out what they hadn't yet asked Diane about (re: Diane's text saying they hadn't asked about Vegas yet). The paper probably said something like "ask about the ring with the inscription."
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

Esselgee wrote:
BigEd wrote: Probably in grade school a class had two girls who went by "Janey." One was Janey Evans. One was Janey Cole.
Janey-E went to school with Gordon Cole's daughter!!!
Yes!!! Breeeaaakkkthrough!!!!! (jk - Titus fans???)

But seriously.... (??!) I really think this is why her name is Janey-E.
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

i got that feeling. from what the giant showed to andy
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward
sewhite2000
RR Diner Member

Post by sewhite2000 »

I don't think any show is ever again allowed to end with the revelation that it was just all a dream or in the imagination of one of the characters since St. Elsewhere (look it up, kids!)
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

sewhite2000 wrote:I don't think any show is ever again allowed to end with the revelation that it was just all a dream or in the imagination of one of the characters since St. Elsewhere (look it up, kids!)
Dallas???? (now, who are the "kids") :lol: :lol: