Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

wxray
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 14 - We are like the dreamer (SPOILERS)

Post by wxray »

Jerry Horne wrote:Do not talk about future spoilers.

Do not link to future spoilers.

You want to help people with spoilers? Go to Reddit. Don't do it here.

We've come too far to fuck things up now.
Thanks Jerry. I've avoided Reddit just because they are constantly fucking it up, despite the pleas for no spoilers.
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

Wait who is posting spoilers ?! Why would you do that omgsh .. glad I must have missed whatever was posted..
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Louisahoo wrote:Something that came to me tonight: On the map that was found in owl cave, there were two mountains, if you will, and within each one there were circles going around in circles is very much like the vortexes we've been seeing. We know that there is a vortex at the coordinates in the dakotas, and there is also obviously a vortex in Twin Peaks, as well as Glasston berry Grove so there are now multiple ways to access the other side. The question now is which side are you accessing if you go through a vortex, do the vortexes intersect, potentially at the red room, does one vortex take you to the White Lodge with the fireman, while the other takes you to the Black Lodge with the woodsman?
There is also one in London. And probably plenty more.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I just love that the White Lodge portal is like milk and honey or gold, vs. the oil. I never ever thought I'd see that, or the WL after all these years of wondering about it. It blows my mind.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
G42.2
Roadhouse Member

Post by G42.2 »

Just a fun little prop thing:

2 years ago I came across several pieces of furniture and props set aside for TP s.3 while I was at the Warner Bros prop house. One of the props I saw was this deer hoof beer mug which was seen in last night's episode!

thefifthlizard
Roadhouse Member

Post by thefifthlizard »

WhiteLodge90 wrote: Is Audrey dreaming she has the life of Tina?
Similar to the common interpretation of Mulholland Drive where
Spoiler:
Betty is considered to be the 'wish fulfillment' version of Diane
beyondthesea

Post by beyondthesea »

It's probably absolutely nothing, but it interests me that the people on everyone's lips in Twin Peaks (Billy and Tina) are both slang terms for drugs.

Also, thanks to the posters who posted the screenshots of the credits.

Nothing else to add that hasn't already been mentioned.

Except that Tammy is the dog's bollocks. Her body language is so unusual. I'm utterly captivated by her and her delivery. Every scene she is in, and the FBI in general, excites me.

I was far too young to appreciate how handsome Gordon Cole was in 1990. Fit as fuck though.
HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

The first "Blue Rose" case is still nagging at me. Was there something in Dale Cooper My Life My Tapes about it? I don't have my copy handy. I distinctly remember reading about a case where there's a locked door, the cops hear a gunshot and break the door down. There's a woman holding a smoking gun, backing away from the person she just shot, who looks identical to her. The shot person mutters something, and then dies. I wonder if it was like a "Black cat squad" case from Dresden Files novels or something. Then there was speculation about whether the original was shot or the copy...etc etc. Gah, I've read too many books and they're all a mush in my mind.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I've come to feel that Bell shines with all the weird FBI lore and exposition, and with Lynch and Ferrer. Strange and very affected she may be, but IMO she has a distinct sense of authority to her mystery that really works when she spouts dialogue about the Blue Rose task force or the strange case of Dale Cooper, or seems enrapt by Albert or Cole telling her more. She is not meant to be Plucky FBI Heroine #4 for some other show - she is this archetype and it suits the material, IMO. Wouldn't necessarily suit other stuff, but it works here.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
lotjx2
Roadhouse Member

Post by lotjx2 »

Brilliant episode. An episode that seemed to go at warp speed compared the rest of the series. So, the thing that escape NY is in Laura's mom. Chad has been taken out like a cancer from Twin Peaks. Andy. God I love Andy. Tonight showed he could enter the White Lodge, because he is pure of heart. Twin Peak's Galahad gets the Holy Grail. Loved it. I am not a fan of these bar of scenes at the end of the episodes especially as they seem to be teasing us. Gordon is very close to calling out Diane, but he is still keeping it close the vest. I am not sure if Cole sending the rather stupid Vegas branch to go after Dougie and Jane-E is a good idea. That seems to be a plan destined to fail. Who cares, it has to lead somewhere now. Plus fucking Bowie! amazing.
firefly2193
Roadhouse Member

Post by firefly2193 »

I feel "But...who is the dreamer?" is a question the show has directly asked us now, but it seems little mentioned on here so far.

That may be because everyone, like me, has absolutely no clue where to start :lol:.
frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Post by frompureair »

That deer mug is amazing! I thought it was a small log at first
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Yeah, me and my dad were curious about what those furry cylinders were, thank you for clearing it up!

One very important question I have for everyone - what makes people so sure that Sarah Palmer has the thing from the NYC box in her? Didn't look the same to me.
HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

Snailhead wrote:Yeah, me and my dad were curious about what those furry cylinders were, thank you for clearing it up!

One very important question I have for everyone - what makes people so sure that Sarah Palmer has the thing from the NYC box in her? Didn't look the same to me.
Did you notice the little weird spike that stabbed out of the opening in her face a couple times too? That reminded me more of the frog-bug than the experiment. I think people are more going by the color and the weirdness with the hand that was in there. The teeth were what threw me for a loop.
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

firefly2193 wrote:I feel "But...who is the dreamer?" is a question the show has directly asked us now, but it seems little mentioned on here so far.
I have had an ongoing sense I'm watching this composite-film of fragments as I would a dream, as a dreamer. Since nothing of any number of scenarios presented in TP:TR have been conclusively wrapped up, but left dangling, it's the same sensation as when you wake from a dream and don't have enough to put all the bits together into something meaningful. Likewise on recognizing familiar faces, but out of context.

So Belluci's remark simply validated what I've been figuring as I continue watching, and more conundrums in the stories open up, while earlier ones continue to languish. If 'alternate dimensions' or exploring other presences exists then the dream state is conceivable to me as a portal of its own, and as a mode, deserves its own place in the storytelling, however 'meta' that is.. Most of my thoughts about it probably belong in the Theories & Speculation thread though~
"Fool me once... shame on me!"