Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Post by frompureair »

I'll have to watch again because even with the surround system I couldn't make out any part of that scene. Didn't Steven put a bullet in the chamber during the scene? Where did the other one go? Did it show the trailer that Frost pointed to had a bullet hole in the window? Becky was smiling and so happy when she saw Ed and Norma ( which btw was beyond beautiful and perfect in every way!) To have her daughter killed by a man who was on the drug her new BF is supplying would be tragic. But could open up a reunion if Bobby takes down Red. Maybe he didn't kill Becky just injured her. Man so much to process. Dancing roadhouse announcer was great. At this point I think Naidu is Judy but I can't prove it. She would always put her finger to her lips shushing because we were NOT going to talk and Coop has met her but not dopplecoop. That would explain her importance.
misterroundheels

Post by misterroundheels »

blue_tomorrows wrote:
Voltaire wrote:
whoisalhedges wrote: The quiet didn't throw me, but good goddamn Stephen mumbles....

I watched with the captions on. He tells her he loved fucking her and he loved her c***...that is a quote and I an not making a vulgar joke.
As much as I've come around to loving this show, that's the kind of stuff that drives me up the flippin' wall. Seriously, who WRITES shit like that???
David Lynch and Mark Frost
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

And it's been five days since Mr. C was at the motel and got the call from Jeffries.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Voltaire
Roadhouse Member

Post by Voltaire »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Jasper wrote:When "Dougie" was crawling on the floor towards the socket, he looked like straight-up Dale Cooper.
He looked de-aged. His expression, everything. It's like he came back in that moment but we're not gonna know till next episode! Or the finale...
Another cock tease of getting Cooper back. No matter how I try not to be disappointed with these teases...they have gotten me every time.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Voltaire wrote:
BGate wrote:I had resigned myself that we were never gonna learn about Judy. Amazing.

So, who IS Judy?
So I think Judy is Garland Briggs. He's met Cooper before and maybe that was a code name they had for him. Judy Garland.
Yeah, I think so too. Makes sense given the importance Briggs has been given in this story.
raltenbach
Roadhouse Member

Post by raltenbach »

Initial thoughts:

Big Ed, you break my heart buddy.

"Above the convenience store" verified. And we finally get to talk about Judy. And "The Return" clearly refers to the wallpaper from the Tremond/Chafont picture.

I wish at some point in his long career David Bowie had recorded a version of "I'm A Little Teapot"

I think that Audrey has simply been an emotionally/mentally damaged shut-in for many many years, and Charlie just does what he can to get through each day. I can't subscribe to the alternate realities/coma theories, especially after this episode.

Thinking about the family dynamic in the Audrey/Charlie house, I don't think Richard would need to be half doppleganger to turn out pretty fucked up. I also imagine he'd split from that place as soon as he could.

Seeing DoppleCoop give Richard a beat down was very rewarding.

The Steven and Gersten scene flipped the whole story for me. It looks more as if Becky has been the manipulative force and Steven the victim.

That's all for now, as there is way too much to say and so little time. Sleep is pulling at me.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Rewatching the Stephen scene -- according to him Becky is dead. She may have killed herself, and he blames himself and decides to die too. Or, he actually killed her; we don't know yet.

Either way, according to Stephen, Becky's dead.

Gersten says that Becky gave him some bad drugs. Maybe she overdosed?

Bad news coming for Bobby and Shelley. :(

So much for those theories that Gersten was Stephen's mother! ;)
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

Voltaire wrote:So I think Judy is Garland Briggs. He's met Cooper before and maybe that was a code name they had for him. Judy Garland.
Brilliant.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
blue_tomorrows
Roadhouse Member

Post by blue_tomorrows »

misterroundheels wrote:
blue_tomorrows wrote:
Voltaire wrote:

I watched with the captions on. He tells her he loved fucking her and he loved her c***...that is a quote and I an not making a vulgar joke.
As much as I've come around to loving this show, that's the kind of stuff that drives me up the flippin' wall. Seriously, who WRITES shit like that???
I know, I know...it was a rhetorical question lol.

I think they are both absolutely first-rate writers for the most part, but unmotivated garbage like that makes me pause sometimes.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

I just knew when that scene started that Audrey was not gonna get out the door.

So what "family" was Norma talking about? I thought for a second she was going to mention having a sister. Did she just mean the "family" of her diner employees and customers?
Last edited by Esselgee on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cgs027
RR Diner Member

Post by cgs027 »

mtwentz wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:He said "you've already met", right? Not met her. Maybe Judy is a man or a thing. Or Sarah as the Mother.
Is Audrey ever going to get out that door?
Ha, my thought, too. I loved the Mr.C/convenience store stuff and the Log Lady eulogy, but maybe I'm in the minority here... This seemed to plod along too much for the third act when we're down to the wire. Yes, it set up a bunch of stuff for the next episode (who is the 2nd hit in Vegas, etc.), but to have the same pacing as the middle section of the series at this point was a little bit of a bummer... (Not to mention that I was never given a reason to give a sh*t if that Steven character kills himself or not -- seems like a lot of time was taken up for this thread).
Last edited by cgs027 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

blue_tomorrows wrote:
misterroundheels wrote:
blue_tomorrows wrote:
I know, I know...it was a rhetorical question lol.

I think they are both absolutely first-rate writers for the most part, but unmotivated garbage like that makes me pause sometimes.
One man's trash is my treasure. C'est la vie.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
crumble

Post by crumble »

Esselgee wrote:I just knew when that scene started that Audrey was not gonna get out the door.

So what "family" was Norma talking about? I thought for a second she was going to mention having a sister. Did she just mean the "family" of her diner employees and customers?
she had already made the decision to marry Ed at that point. she was alluding to their union.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Those who were afraid Jeffries might have turned in to a monkey must sure be glad he is a giant percolator now.

Very emotional ep, from beginning to end. Mysterious, atmospheric, weirdness the whole convenience store was super tense (and slow!!)

Nice they kept the wallpaper from Laura's dream.
Last edited by Soolsma on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
BMS242
Roadhouse Member

Post by BMS242 »

Charlie's use of the word threshold for the door stuck out to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk