Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Post by Soolsma »

Jasper wrote:
Soolsma wrote:Obviously, that was what James was planning all along.
Hmmm. I don't know if that's the implication, but I like the theory. I was wondering why James suddenly went so completely idiotic, to an extent that seemed beyond that of the normal idiocy that we can all experience when we see someone special.
I was joking :lol:

Sure, James has always had a thing for women in relationships but he used to be a lot more tactful about when to make his approach.
Last edited by Soolsma on Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

Soolsma wrote:Those who were afraid Jeffries might have turned in to a monkey must sure be glad he is a giant percolator now.
I wonder if there's a fish in there.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

I think Cooper is BACK. Really, really back. He doesn't just look like our Agent Cooper --- there's a look of recognition and confidence in his face that we haven't seen before.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

Richard having seen a photo of Coop suggests to me that (a) Audrey is not in a coma and (b) she still loves him after all these years.
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

crumble wrote:zz top and sunset blvd in the same episode. :o
I know, right?
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Esselgee wrote:How did Will and Eileen Hayward end up with a daughter who turned out like Gersten?
There was that whole trauma with Audrey being Ben Horne's daughter. There's also the possibility that Donna is dead (possibly due to a motorcycle crash with James, as suggested by some users). These things sure could mess up a family dynamic.
Agent327
Roadhouse Member

Post by Agent327 »

430RichardandLinda wrote:WHAT AN EPISODE. WOW. SO DID COOPER FINALLY WAKE HIMSELF UP WITH ELECTROCUTION????
Either that or he is dead (which I don't expect him to be). I don't see how that electrocution wouldn't have a profound impact, so it's gotta be one or the other.
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

I still wonder who Audrey's family assume to be Richard's father. This is one question few seem to bring up unless I've missed voluminous pages of it elsewhere, which is quite possible.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Esselgee wrote: So Jeffries just spends his time in a giant teapot now?
There was a Phil... in the percolator!
Agent327
Roadhouse Member

Post by Agent327 »

Ashok wrote:I think Cooper is BACK. Really, really back. He doesn't just look like our Agent Cooper --- there's a look of recognition and confidence in his face that we haven't seen before.
Well we didn't see him after the electrocution. And up to that point, even though he seemed to exhibit a strong sense of 'purpose' crawling towards the socket it was still in a very zombiefied, very un-Cooperish manner. VERY much still Dougie. The electrocution itself is likely to change that though, and hopefully he'll be back to his old self next week.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

How about: Judy is Naido. The reason Jeffries says they've met is because good Coop met her.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
sycamore
Roadhouse Member

Post by sycamore »

chromereflectsimage wrote:Wait, was that dude that James' friend hit named Chuck?
Chuck and Skipper are in the fight with James Hurley and Freddie Sykes.
thedarktrees
Roadhouse Member

Post by thedarktrees »

Wow these late episode are just going into overdrive. I loved part 15! The convenience store stuff (the "Dutchman's" as reference by Ray, to be clear?) was just fantastic. I'm still wondering if the relationship between this, the Woodsmen, and the Black Lodge is much more complicated than it maybe initially seemed.

I wonder WHY DoppelCoop is so preoccupied with Judy. Has he come across this name before and thinks it has something to do with whatever he's seeking (i.e., whatever is reference on the scratched out playing card)?

For me, one of the biggest twists from this part is confirmation that DoppelCoop's mystery call from way back in the earlier episodes was NOT in fact Jeffries. So now this is presented to us as a big fat mystery waiting to be revealed. The convo between DoppelCoop and Jeffries MAYBE hints that it maybe wasn't Jeffires who sent Ray to killed DoppelCoop? I'm not clear on what exactly was being conveyed with that.

Someone is playing DoppelCoop..... Whom and how? This is getting really good....

Just so much other awesome stuff in this episode from predictable schmaltz (Ed & Norma -- who couldn't love how this all went?) to much heavier and deeply sad send-off for the Log Lady....

Just an episode firing on all cylinders.
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Jerry Horne wrote:...
Finally I thought that scene was going to end up as a deleted scene. When I saw the footage of this being filmed I thought she was going to hit him with the shovel. I also thought Norma was in the car re-fuelling. :roll: That and the next one at the Diner were wonderful scenes.

Mr texted "Las Vegas". Does this confirm that Diane is communicating with him?
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Voltaire wrote: Another cock tease ...

It was a cock tease...
I'm perplexed by the use of "cock tease", when "tease" would quite adequately, and rather more accurately, sum up what you seem to be saying.