Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

crash_and_burn
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Post by crash_and_burn »

I simply cannot wait for this to be released as a Blu Ray box set.

Just cannot wait.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

What if Dougie-Coop IS dead? Maybe the goodness that was in him will transfer back into DoppelCoop and he'll become whole again, but he'll also have to try to deal with everything that DoppelCoop has done and find a way to resolve everything.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

I'll post more thoughts later but based on filming data I have been compiling, they shot the scene of Hawk telling the cops that Margaret passed away mere days after Catherine actually passed away :( I wonder if the scene was even scripted originally.
kylie

Post by kylie »

Is it just me, or does DoppelCoop look less evil? I remember his jaw/jowls being more filled out and square in the earlier parts, but lately I've noticed his face is slimmer and more "real Cooper"-like.

Similarly, in part 15 particularly, DougieCoop looks a bit more menacing, especially after he hears the name "Gordon Cole" and approaches the electrical socket with his fork. He had sort of a frown that he hadn't had earlier.

To me they are starting to look the same facially, and if that's truly the case and I'm not imagining it, I suspect it's intentional.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Esselgee wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Esselgee wrote:I always thought that Ed and Nadine's house was right next to the Gas Farm on the old show. Am I wrong about that?
The gas station is in a different location now. Ed moved.
Was this covered in Frost's book or just conjecture?
Conjecture, since they shot in a different location. But Nadine's shop is downtown, so maybe the gas station is at the same place and she walked all the way to Ed's from the shop.
Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

crash_and_burn wrote:I simply cannot wait for this to be released as a Blu Ray box set.

Just cannot wait.
yeah maybe 2025. going by the previous schedules for DVD and BluRay
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

TweetPeak wrote:
crash_and_burn wrote:I simply cannot wait for this to be released as a Blu Ray box set.

Just cannot wait.
yeah maybe 2025. going by the previous schedules for DVD and BluRay
That was all rights issues in the past. Everything as far as a home video and merch releases are sealed deals for this beast.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

The Blu-ray will feature extended episode cuts. The Super Extended Dougie Edition - A few more hours of Dougie eating, playing the slots, trying to go to the bathroom, scribbling on paper, and walking into doors.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

That. Was. Awful.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
sewhite2000
RR Diner Member

Post by sewhite2000 »

Care to elaborate?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I'll be really bummed if Steven killed Becky. There's only so much tragedy there characters can endure.

Loved the convenience store scenes. Too bad they got the Jeffries date wrong though.

And WTF was with the awful effects in the Todd/Roger scene? Kind of ruined the scene.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

Esselgee wrote:The Blu-ray will feature extended episode cuts. The Super Extended Dougie Edition - A few more hours of Dougie eating, playing the slots, trying to go to the bathroom, scribbling on paper, and walking into doors.
and being shoved out of cars, following coffee around, drinking coffee. And failing to play catch. Farewell to The Dougie Show, it's been real and fun but not real fun.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Just cannot wait.
Imagine the deleted scenes. there must be hours of footage that hasn't been used :)
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

kylie wrote:Is it just me, or does DoppelCoop look less evil? I remember his jaw/jowls being more filled out and square in the earlier parts, but lately I've noticed his face is slimmer and more "real Cooper"-like.

Similarly, in part 15 particularly, DougieCoop looks a bit more menacing, especially after he hears the name "Gordon Cole" and approaches the electrical socket with his fork. He had sort of a frown that he hadn't had earlier.

To me they are starting to look the same facially, and if that's truly the case and I'm not imagining it, I suspect it's intentional.
I had noticed that his face was getting lighter. in the arm wrestle his hands were noticeably a lot darker than his face.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

(My reactions without reading more than just enough to verify I saw the right Part...)

Oh my god. ED! Norma! I didn't think i was hugely invested in Ed and Norma, but to see that finally work out after so many years. To see it work out in a way that leaves Nadine happy but still having made a conscious, aware choice this time. I take back every bad thing I said about Jacoby, his paranoia podcast/merchandising scheme has managed to make three people happy. What a payoff for the shovel plot! Go, Nadine. And good riddance, Cheap Pie Man. What a note to start on!

The Jeffries sequence was marvelous. Such a surreal, foreboding way to present him, through flashbacks and through his present inside that.. machine. Not sure if we'll ever get an explanation for why he's residing in that container, but it must be made to hold his soul without a body. The voice, the smoke, and the flashbacks just increase the air of mystery around this already very intriguing character. Looks like we are getting elaboration on Judy, though I wouldn't bet on a clear explanation at this point. Doppelcoop being so out of his element even in a Lodge-realm was neat. He knew where the place was, but it was not his place. And it seems like the Mists that were affecting Gordon and Albert's recall of the Jeffries interaction were also affecting Doppelcoop. He seemed to just then remember Judy. Doppelcoop may be an apex predator in the physical world but he seems pretty far down on the ladder when it comes to Lodge politics. The Jeffries faction, even with all the new questions raised, is a lot clearer now, and it looks like they are the ones who killed Ruth, that Doppelcoop thought they were more allied than they were. Also looks like there was still another player who phoned Doppelcoop in Part 2, b/c that was definitely a different accent.

I wonder how Becky is going to react to this news about Steve. The whole sequence seems to serve the same purpose as the Jerry scenes, though, to show that there is Something About the Woods. Only with Jerry it was humorous, but here it was just tragic and dreadful.

I love that the Green Glove thing seems to have been set up to protect Naido. The Fireman sure plays the long game. Also, has anyone noticed the Hurley men just do not do well in fights?

And I'm pretty sure this is It for Dougie. Unlike any of the other fakeouts (the coffee..etc..) this was something he actively STRUGGLED to do. It took effort to get electrocuted. It took THINKING to do that. It was preceded by such a look of pain and memory on his face.

I hope it's not a trip to Twin Peaks through the Lodge where he leaves the Vegas plot hanging. All this buildup with Chantel and Hutch had me hoping they have to deal with their Boss's double. I mean, I'm sure now that we know about Janey-E and Diane that it won't be completely lost, that the FBI will show up and sweep up the loose threads (Chantel, Hutch, and the Jones family), but I was hoping to see an aware Cooper clean them up. Might still, if the astral travel rules hold. His body will still be in Vegas, so I can see a trippy dream sequence, and waking up in the Emergency room to confront Chantel and Hutch (who, being professionals, would check in to make sure he died.) But yeah, next week if Cooper's back I'll be glad it was something he did on his own after all this.

Though its a weird metamessage that hearing the name of Lynch's character makes MacLachlan's character want to stick a fork in an electrical socket. Lynch is really having fun at his own expense in this series.

I'm changing my prediction from Audrey and a female character to Audrey and Charlie being in that booth in the last ep. They are going to spend the whole third act getting to the Roadhouse.

This Roadhouse Booth sequence was my favorite yet. No weird exposition. No chatting. Just this girl getting bullied and breaking down. A scream of frustration and pain, reflecting all the loss and change this ep. We started the ep with the joy of letting go and ended it with the pain of it.

And finally the Log Lady, a goodbye for the character and the actress. But what's there to say that she didn't say? The whole sequence was just so beautiful and poignant, from the call to the fading light in her house.