Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Post by KyleRickards »

claaa7 wrote:
sewhite2000 wrote:It's going to be an uneasy week for me, wondering if just MAYBE Cooper killed himself? About 99 per cent sure Lynch and Frost wouldn't do this to fans, and as someone on here said, it would certainly lend credence to the "Lynch is trolling the fans" theory if this is how he chose to bring an end to the character. Up to now, Mike/Gerard/The One-Armed Man has been there to help prevent DougieCoop from dying. He would really be shirking his duties to allow him to die under such stupid circumstances. But I need to see Cooper alive, even if he's STILL stuck in Dougie mode, before I'm completely at ease. Of course, even if he is alive, presumably he's the second target Chantal and Hutch are getting ready to go after ...
remember that Cooper materialized through that socket in episode 3 from thin air and Dougie Jones de-materialized at the same time.. it's possible that Cooper will just vanish from Las Vegas all together and we'll next see Janey-E screaming at an empty room once the Electric lightning clears. perhaps then we'll find Cooper back in the metaphysical world (the lodges, the waiting room, the Mauve room) being led out of there by Gerard, perhaps then being found at Jack Rabbit's Palace by the Twin Peaks gang like another poster suggested.

one thing i'm 99% sure of is that we won't see Cooper in his Dougie state again.. this was obviously not a tease and i'm not sure how anyone could read it as that. this was one of the biggest moments of the series so far, my heart was definitely racing. plus we have seen trailer material that indicates he still has things to do and accomplish :)
I too will miss Dougie and I hope Janey-E gets a happier ending. Rough justice how she says something likes got all she's she ever wanted or is happy with the world, and it's about to be ripped apart again. :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

What an amazing part. Absolutely stellar.

Big Ed & Norma. Finally! The dialogue between Nadine & Ed was very nice. Really liked Robie’s performance here. Also glad the ‘Norma’s Double R’-storyline is resolved and of the table.

BadCoop in the convenience store. Waw! Judy. He already met Judy. Was it the lady opening the door for Coop? Was it ‘American girl’? Or Naido? Or Laura? I also like the theory someone posted here that it could be Garland Briggs.

BadCoop receives the ‘Las Vegas?’ message. Another proof that this movie is not shown chronologically (no surprise there). And it confirmes he is communicating with Diane, right?

The Jumping Man/Sarah, electricity! I wonder if we’re going to see more of him in this form.

I wonder what happened to Steve. What is he saying about meeting a rhino and go into turquoise??? How's Becky? If it appears she is dead as well I'll be super pissed.

The tribute to Margaret Lanterman was so beautiful and respectful. Lucy’s tears were so sincere.

Sunset Boulevard. I think Dougie will be waking up after the electrical shock. I wonder if he will recognize Janey-E and Sonny Jim.

All that aside, I think the thought Twin Peaks: The Return could have featured David Bowie (and Michael J. Anderson) is very very sad.
TLMFAP's evolution in a tree, was ok for me. But am I the only one that is having some problems, although visually stunningly excecuted, by Bowie being replaced by a talking teapot??
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

claaa7 wrote:remember that Cooper materialized through that socket in episode 3 from thin air and Dougie Jones de-materialized at the same time.. it's possible that Cooper will just vanish from Las Vegas all together and we'll next see Janey-E screaming at an empty room once the Electric lightning clears. perhaps then we'll find Cooper back in the metaphysical world (the lodges, the waiting room, the Mauve room) being led out of there by Gerard, perhaps then being found at Jack Rabbit's Palace by the Twin Peaks gang like another poster suggested.

one thing i'm 99% sure of is that we won't see Cooper in his Dougie state again.. this was obviously not a tease and i'm not sure how anyone could read it as that. this was one of the biggest moments of the series so far, my heart was definitely racing. plus we have seen trailer material that indicates he still has things to do and accomplish :)
I tend to agree. Initially I thought he had killed himself. But then he did come through the socket, perhaps he used the same "transportation mode" back. Re gerard, I think you may be on to something. A fair amount of the unseen trailer material is Cooper, plus FBI in town, which would lead you to believe that Cooper is back in town, or they are looking for one of him.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Post by KyleRickards »

docLEXfisti wrote:I am still trying to figure out how Booper sent the "Las Vegas" message now, when we have seen Diane receiving it 2 episodes ago... or was it texted to Hutch and Chantal?
I took it as either to Diane (and she hasn't checked her phone yet) or Chantal and Hutch (and we haven't seen their response either)

Also convinced as I said last thread that the Double header was Todd and Dougie. Interesting how BadCoop is trying every available option to get rid of Cooper whilst making sure that the others who have tried and failed are also being removed along the way.

(I don't think Tom Sizemore's character (Anthony?) is the second half of the double header as he never worked directly for BadCoop, just Todd)

ETA: I think Cooper is waking up rather than transporting anywhere, he seemed to sent to Vegas for a specific reason and I don't think we have seen that mission completed yet - not to mention Chantal and Hutch getting theirs. And if Cole and crew are on their way to town, I suspect time is running out for our favourite fast food crew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TPDpz

Post by TPDpz »

Am I the only one thinking that Billy might be some sort of a reference to John Justice Wheeler as he was portrayed by Billy Zane? Billy could be a reference to the "real world" that Audrey is currently not part of. If she cannot leave the house, it could mean that she is either dead or in coma. Living a life inside her head and cannot leave until is at peace with herself. This season is so full of references of everything being a dream. Will be interesting to see will she get out.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

docLEXfisti wrote:I am still trying to figure out how Booper sent the "Las Vegas" message now, when we have seen Diane receiving it 2 episodes ago... or was it texted to Hutch and Chantal?
the whole Diane thing is the most perplexing of the series for me.. not only does she dress like a circus clown while having the personality of a metal rod, everything she does is super confusing. Albert and Cole intercepts her messages which shows she is working against them, and quickly awards her an honorary FBI membership for her backstabbing troubles. her only genuine moment in the series so far has been the prison confrontation with Mister C but that was immediatly undermined by Cole sensing she was lying to him right away. i really hope that will lead to a satisfying conclusion.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Great great great episode.

Of course Sunset Blvd brings Coop back!
docLEXfisti
Roadhouse Member

Post by docLEXfisti »

claaa7 wrote:
the whole Diane thing is the most perplexing of the series for me..
Well, maybe he just sent it again as a reminder to Diane.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

just noticed we got another joint from the Thought Gang album tonight, a track called "Summer Night".. we've had at least 3 songs from them in the new series, let's hope that means it might get a release based on this.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

docLEXfisti wrote:
claaa7 wrote:
the whole Diane thing is the most perplexing of the series for me..
Well, maybe he just sent it again as a reminder to Diane.
Maybe she's back at the bar, and it's the same as the texts from my wife when i'm at the pub.

"You on the way home yet?"
"You on the way home yet?"

She'll probably get one in Episode 16 saying "LAS FUCKING VEGAS?????" :lol:
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

claaa7 wrote:the whole Diane thing is the most perplexing of the series for me.. not only does she dress like a circus clown while having the personality of a metal rod, everything she does is super confusing. Albert and Cole intercepts her messages which shows she is working against them, and quickly awards her an honorary FBI membership for her backstabbing troubles. her only genuine moment in the series so far has been the prison confrontation with Mister C but that was immediatly undermined by Cole sensing she was lying to him right away. i really hope that will lead to a satisfying conclusion.
"not only does she dress like a circus clown while having the personality of a metal rod..." :lol: :lol: :lol: You win EVERYTHING with that. She would be my least favorite character tbh.
Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Post by Troubbble »

MANY of the scenes we've seen so far have been out of order, as we've repeatedly noticed already. This moment from last night is an indicator to clue us in on the chronology.

Cooper went "above the convenience store," met with Jeffries, and then encountered Richard...all by the time we saw Diane get his text. Meaning much of what we've been seeing in recent parts takes place after those events.

Knowing this, you can extrapolate further and conclude that the *truck* which ran a Twin Peaks resident off the road (as recounted in the "Roadhouse scene" from a couple of weeks ago) was driven by the Doppelganger, with Richard in tow. They're in Twin Peaks already...
Last edited by Troubbble on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

MoondogJR wrote:Sunset Boulevard. I think Dougie will be waking up after the electrical shock. I wonder if he will recognize Janey-E and Sonny Jim.
Maybe he won't at first but then when Janey-E brings him home and feeds him he'll vaguely remember the dream figure he'd been thinking of as "Yelling Food Woman."
Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Post by Troubbble »

claaa7 wrote:
firefly2193 wrote:It's insane that we have 3 parts to give conclusions to so much. I honestly have no idea how they're going to do it.
i kind of feel the opposite after tonights episode, with the speed we are going in now and as most of the plot strands are starting to come together i no longer have any doubts that the time left is perfectly sufficient to tell the rest of the story.. of course, i am sure a lot of stuff won't be answered, probably way more than in the original TP
Seconding this. For how much ground it felt like was covered, this part actually clarified, answered and resolved a great deal more!

- Norma and Ed are back together.

- Steven has apparently committed suicide, under the influence of "sparkle."

- Sparkle seems to promote very SPECIFIC hallucinations in its users, as well as confusion, violent tendencies, etc.

- James' and Freddy's arrest brings them into the mix with the rest of our heroes in Twin Peaks, just as the endgame is about to begin.

- The Log Lady is dead - and she gave Hawk a final warning to look out for "that one."

- Doppelganger already headed to Twin Peaks before sending "Las Vegas?" text - thus, he's likely already arrived in town now. (He drove someone off the road outside town, two parts ago.)

- There IS a place above the convenience store (despite doubts expressed weeks ago), and Jeffries lives on there--but was not the one to call Cooper earlier.

- Thus, it's clear someone has co-opted Jeffries' identity to deceive the Doppelganger, for reasons unknown.

- There is a connection between Sarah Palmer and The Jumping Man.

- Judy is someone the Doppelganger has already met. The eerie "Bosomy Woman" who unlocked the door? Or someone else?

Oh, and last but not least:

- Dale makes a connection at a critical moment, and will apparently be "jolted" back to his senses just in time to encounter Chantal and Hutch, who are eating Wendy's just around the corner after eliminating Duncan Todd...
Last edited by Troubbble on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

NewShoes wrote:Quick delurk. So happy to finally have the Mt. Si Motel scene out where we can understand it and talk about it.

Short notes clarifying what I saw on the night:
* the setpiece with the door and wallpaper - photos of this are now finally surfacing
* 3 figures in black approaching room 8 - this would be Evil Coop and two woodsmen. My mistake was thinking the two black-clad figures off to either side were some sort of crewmember and were out of the shot. They were in the shot.
* the man dressed as a woman, filmed walking backwards. We totally spotted that it was a man from body language.
* they did arrive quite late (after midnight) and wrapped early morning
* I heard David say "Kale" into the megaphone at least once
* they came directly from Convenience Store shoot in Olallie area - most likely the scenes we saw tonight
* Kyle's presence in Olallie that day was leaked by facebook photo from Harley motorcycle owner in now-deleted post, wish I could find a capture of it
Just because this stuff fascinates me....you mentioned at the time "one other person" in the scene whose "appearance and behavior set off a lot of speculation." Was this the man-as-"bosomy woman," or something else?

Chankonabe at the time mentioned that the production shot late this day with Horse and Goaz in Olallie due to some funny/unexpected improvisations, causing them to miss the "final shot" of the motel shoot due to bad weather. The same poster claimed they didn't "completely" get the scene, but got the "most important part." Do you know anything about what might have been missed?