Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Post by dronerstone »

Hahaha!!! Anyone taking notice of EvilCoop's Android phone when he texts? He's in Wifi for no reason and there's a system update ready to install. :D

DID HE ALREADY RECEIVE THE OREO ROLLOUT????? lolwtf
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

claaa7 wrote:now check this out!!

"...Michael, thats how it is"
Wowee, thanks for sharing! (Despite the fact that it's FREEZE-FRAME CULTURE!!!!! :wink: )
Very interesting to see Sarah's face over the Jumping Man's... It's funny, I saw a reddit thread a few days ago, someone made a comparison pic between the smile behind Sarah's face & the Laura Palmer (prom?) photograph smile, & they appeared the same. I don't think it means Laura is trapped inside Sarah (although this could be interesting), but it's at least intriguing source material for Sarah's void grin.

Overall, I loved 15. Although I've been close to tears a couple of times during the Return, I cried during both the Ed/Norma & Log Lady scenes. Fuck, what a powerful song choice for Ed & Norma; maybe it's because I have the volume quite loud, but I just thought that was a powerhouse sequence, & a glorious ride out into the blue skies.

I also absolutely loved Mr C's journey through the Other places, including the evolution of Jeffries into yet another iteration of the metal bell-shaped object. Incidentally, I see that shape as somewhat phallic, yet it also resembles the teat off a bottle, making an interesting male/female duality (along with the aforementioned atom bomb similarity). Ruby in the roadhouse was great, somewhat evoking the displacement of Naido from her floating-in-a-tin-can realm. Lastly, although I never envisioned saying this about the Return, I hope we see more of the bosomy woman!!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Mr. Jackpots wrote:
Jonah wrote:
dustoff wrote: t.
There's a lot of sparks of genius in this new series, but I think by the time we look back on it as a whole, it will be considered even weaker - in some respects - than Season 2 as an overall narrative. Then again, the finale could be so amazing that maybe not. Hard to tell. But there's been a lot of poor narrative choices made and a lot of weak characterisation.
This series is certainly not connecting with everyone, including long time fans. It will probably take about 10 years, and The Return will be recognized for the masterpiece that it is.
This could be the case, like FWWM. I still think there's a lot of issues with it imo, but I do recognise its strengths. It definitely might be reevaluated.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Cipher
RR Diner Member

Post by Cipher »

dronerstone wrote:Hahaha!!! Anyone taking notice of EvilCoop's Android phone when he texts? He's in Wifi for no reason and there's a system update ready to install. :D
The lodge entities control electricity. They're their own hotspots.
Rhiannon

Post by Rhiannon »

I am fascinated with the Woodsmen characters the Black Lodge, any thoughts why there faces are black, could it be from the "scorched engine oil"?
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Cipher wrote:
dronerstone wrote:Hahaha!!! Anyone taking notice of EvilCoop's Android phone when he texts? He's in Wifi for no reason and there's a system update ready to install. :D
The lodge entities control electricity. They're their own hotspots.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Maybe Jeffries is a WiFi hot(s)pot now.
Sengon

Post by Sengon »

Esselgee wrote:
thedarktrees wrote:
Esselgee wrote:So how was Richard Horne able to find DoppelCoop just based on an old photo his mother had? This guy is good! He's making the FBI look bad. Gordon Cole really needs to hire him.
I think the idea is that he followed him after witnessing him kill Ray at the Farm.

BUT: I wonder if Richard was also able to see the convenience store? Or whether DoppelCoop just vanished in front of him and then reappeared. That's a bit less clear.
I was thinking that Richard had gone to the Farm with intention of finding Cooper. If that's not the case, then what led Richard to the Farm? He just wanted to join up with a gang of criminals? How did he find out about the Farm? From Red? It's an awfully big coincidence for him to be there when DoppelCoop just happens to show up if he didn't go there looking for Cooper.
I don't think that Richard went to the Farm with the intention of finding Cooper. He had to vanish from Twin Peaks after killing the little boy, he robbed Sylvia Horne, took her money from the safe. And how could he get in the building? Note that even bad Cooper entered the Farm with the knowledge of the codes. Ray told to Renzo that he only had given Mr. C. the codes to the door. I think Richard was already in conncection with these criminals. I am convinced that it was just a big coincidence to meet bad Cooper there.
ScarFace32
RR Diner Member

Post by ScarFace32 »

It's funny that probably the two most successful actors on the show (Tim Roth & Jennifer Jason Leigh) are the worst. I honestly hate both of them now.
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

Wow, nice!

I've quickly tried to bring out the voice some more... "That's the way it is Michael... that's not who's going <rest cut up, indecipherable>"

Sounds like the Jeffries voice.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0k19Rmqslwo
DeepBlueSeed
RR Diner Member

Post by DeepBlueSeed »

madeleineferguson wrote:That last scene with Ruby crawling across the floor of the Roadhouse was incredibly powerful. For me, too powerful to be a random, unexplained moment of which we'll never know anything more.

What if all of these Roadhouse scenes introducing new characters are actually building towards something? Like, a second season? By now, it seems clear that there's not enough screen time left to even touch on all of these new characters we've met at the Roadhouse, let alone explain their stories. So why create all these characters, these loose ends, without any intention of examining them again?
I like the idea that these tie into events in the relevant parts. If this scene sort of mirrors Dougie getting up from the table and crawling across the floor, and the screaming echoes Janey-E's scream, does the "I'm waiting for someone" mean she's, on some level, waiting for Cooper to finally get back?

(it probably isn't entirely metaphorical, but there's certainly been a lot of symbolism throughout)
"The stories that I wanna tell you about... "
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

alreadygoneplaces wrote:

Wow, nice!

I've quickly tried to bring out the voice some more... "That's the way it is Michael... that's not who's going <rest cut up, indecipherable>"

Sounds like the Jeffries voice.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0k19Rmqslwo
Weird.

Sounds a lot like "That's who's goin' down."
Meaxylon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Meaxylon »

Incredible! What a find!
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Meaxylon wrote:

Incredible! What a find!
this was also very cool, as posted on WelcomeToTwinPeaks.com

the sound design on this series is on Another level!
Mulberryspark

Post by Mulberryspark »

claaa7 wrote:
Meaxylon wrote:

Incredible! What a find!
this was also very cool, as posted on WelcomeToTwinPeaks.com

the sound design on this series is on Another level!
There's another situation like this i discovered on Part 15, when the convenience store disappears. You can hear Lynch's song Star Dream Girl slowed down. Here's the audio sped up
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqbpyp9qa3xpy ... .flac?dl=0
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Another owl wrote:
Ashok wrote:
Another owl wrote:I understand what you are saying, but there 2 things that doesen't fit: 1- There's no Agent Coopr so far. And for sure not a Cooper on Twin Peaks. It's been 15 episodes, so, If the series is about “the core of it is Agent Cooper’s odyssey back to Twin Peaks", well, they a little behid the schedule. :) 2 - If the series is about “the core of it is Agent Cooper’s odyssey back to Twin Peaks", why fill the episodes with so many new carachters? I thought it is a bit frustraiting seem some carachters with potential (again, Beverly Paige) been so little explored.
Agent Cooper has been in almost every single episode of The Return. Just because he was greatly damaged from living in the Red Room for 25 years and is no longer an active FBI agent doesn't make him any lesser of a character.
Again, I could swear you're been ironic. Because it's not even close of been the same character.
For me, the scene that broke my heart was when the old lady reunited with her Mr Jackpots and how she turned her life around.

I have enjoyed all of this series and I am not even jumping into Green Glove Man debate as we don't know the whole story and won't until the end of part 18. If at that point it's rubbish, I will say so here and not bury my head due to any blind devotion to DKL.

Just because we don't agree with your negative views, don't patronise us or treat us as fools.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk