Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Post by Rhodes »

The last two/three episodes will sure be epic. The only question is HOW bold they will be.

Will the end be at least somewhat conventional (like episode 29) or is it possible that everything is turned upside-down in Mulholland Drive style.

- Richard's name turns out to be 'Steven', and he is the son of Andy and Lucy.
- Big Ed committed suicide years ago.
- Janey-E is the mother of Becky and a saleswoman in the Horne department store.
- Etc, etc.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Rhodes wrote:The last two/three episodes will sure be epic. The only question is HOW bold they will be.

Will the end be at least somewhat conventional (like episode 29) or is it possible that everything is turned upside-down in Mulholland Drive style.

- Richard's name turns out to be 'Steven', and he is the son of Andy and Lucy.
- Big Ed committed suicide years ago.
- Janey-E is the mother of Becky and a saleswoman in the Horne department store.
- Etc, etc.
You consider Episode 29 conventional? :shock: I need to be watching whatever shows you're watching.....that's still the most gloriously unusual hour of television I've ever seen.
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

LOL. Of course, the content is very unconventional. :D

Still, we know more or less what it going on. In terms of structure at least, it is pretty straightforward. It is nowhere near as disorienting as Mulholland Drive.

And this time even more so. If we would get something like episode 29, it would be more or less expected.

Anyway, I hope for an end that is VERY abstract, confusing and unexplained.
SamGGD

Post by SamGGD »

Going by the title of episode 18, I feel that question is for Dougie Coop. If we do get Cooper back, it might not be til the final episode.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Question about Jeffries. Do we know why or how he's traveling via electricity in 1989? Why he disappears? Presumably not via a vortex portal right? I guess I just don't get if the vortex had anything to do with the power lines at all.
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

gary2381 wrote:After seeing Part 15, I was thinking about one of the scenes from The Missing Pieces. Chet and Sam are about to enter Hap's Diner and there is a guy working on a lamp, Jack, and a bearded guy in the front. Do we know think that those are Woodsmen?
Ha! I saw that today and thought exact same thing
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Apparently part 16 has been released early. Watch out for spoilers!

If this has already been reported, please forgive an ignorant soul.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

The magic of Twin Leaks continues.

Feel free to drop this ugly American cryptic teasers (and only teasers, please, not outright spoilers) in my inbox if anyone feels so inclined.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Someone on Twitter said part 16 is "off the chain!"

Oh my, I have a feeling 16-18 are going to be amazing.
homieonice
Roadhouse Member

Post by homieonice »

i'm so hype for the episode

pls no spoilers in here,

nice to hear it's off the chain though!! wouldn't have expected anything less
There they are Albert... Faces of stone!
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

me neither

I've watched all the parts in a row a few times now, and it just gets better and better.
sewhite2000
RR Diner Member

Post by sewhite2000 »

Esselgee wrote:
Framed_Angel wrote:As an aside -- when I re-watched, it amazed me how much cake he was eating. I was gonna feel badly for Janey-E if feeding him all these sweets, and I doubt he's working out or such, ruins that manly physique she's been getting used to!
Yeah, with all this food he's eating, is he able to properly clean himself after using bathroom, assuming he does more than just urinate? Or does Janey-E have to do that for him?
If we've really seen the end of DougieCoop, I suppose continued speculation on this is pointless, but I think almost out of necessity, the show has glossed over a lot of what day-to-day life with DougieCoop would be like. I was initially annoyed that no one seemed to notice (except maybe for Jade) just how not-normal DougieCoop was, and explanations of Dougie Jones having spells or whatever didn't seem like a really sufficient explanation. Some people thought to dwell on this stuff was missing the point, though I'm not entirely sure either what those people thought the point was.

I still don't know after 10 or 12 episodes of DougieCoop if he ever learned how to dress himself. To say nothing of bathroom issues, as the above poster noted. His functionality seemed to shift from scene to scene. He seems capable of keeping up with conga line, which would require concentration and dexterity he seems to be lacking in most scenes. Yet later in the same episode, he faceplanted into a door because he still has zero concept of Door and how such a device might work. For Janey-E to be blissfully happy with this mate must be some indication of how unhappy she was before and how delusional she must be. Her scream of terror might have a poetic justice, as she might have just lost this perfect life she was praising just moments earlier.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

N. Needleman wrote:The magic of Twin Leaks continues.

Feel free to drop this ugly American cryptic teasers (and only teasers, please, not outright spoilers) in my inbox if anyone feels so inclined.
In case you or anyone else decides to get spoiled rotten (like me!), there's a reddit thread with tons of spoilers. :twisted:
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:The magic of Twin Leaks continues.

In case you or anyone else decides to get spoiled rotten (like me!), there's a reddit thread with tons of spoilers. :twisted:
I don't want to know anything!....but does it indeed sound off the chain???
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Yes, it sounds off the chain.