Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Post by Audrey Horne »

Hester Prynne wrote:
C-Lee wrote:
Jasper wrote:When "Dougie" was crawling on the floor towards the socket, he looked like straight-up Dale Cooper.
He's back.
What was the movie he was watching? What did they say that snapped him out of it and made him go to the electrical outlet?
Sunset Boulevard! That's where the name Gordon Cole came from... Someone on the Paramount lot who wants to sue Norma Desmond's car.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
JordinGoff
Roadhouse Member

Post by JordinGoff »

The Archivist wrote:The asian girl at the Roadhouse booth... I believe the actress is the same as Naido!
That was Charlyne Yi
Last edited by JordinGoff on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:Sounds like Stephen may have killed Becky before committing suicide. :(

Looks like Coop will be back for the last three parts!
Wasn't Becky around the other side of the tree before the gunshot was heard?

I'm still not counting on Coop being back after all the times we thought he was about to come back, though the look on Dougie's face was more striking than anything we've seen before. It certainly seemed like he was remembering *something* important. If he is back, will he remember everything he experienced as Dougie?

Why hasn't Billy - assuming that is Billy in the jail cell - been taken to the hospital or something? It wouldn't speak very well of Frank, Hawk, Andy, and Bobby to just leave him sitting there drooling and yelling without at least getting checked by a doctor at some point.
JohnPalSki
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnPalSki »

Did anyone else get the feeling that the Cooper in the scene from FWWM with Jeffries, Cole, and Albert.... that that may have been the Bad Coop??...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Pal
---------------------
"Don't expect a turkey dog here."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Obviously, that was what James was planning all along.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

JohnPalSki wrote:Did anyone else get the feeling that the Cooper in the scene from FWWM with Jeffries, Cole, and Albert.... that that may have been the Bad Coop??...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I actually had that feeling ever since Episode 14. Not sure how that would even work logistically but that theory certainly crossed my mind.
Last edited by Ashok on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
metrojoe82
Roadhouse Member

Post by metrojoe82 »

FlyingSquirrel wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:Sounds like Stephen may have killed Becky before committing suicide. :(

Looks like Coop will be back for the last three parts!
Wasn't Becky around the other side of the tree before the gunshot was heard?
Gersten was behind the tree, not Becky. She ran behind there when the neighbor showed up.

I sure hope he didn't kill Becky... It was hard to understand the conversation with him and Gersten. I thought they were talking about when Becky shot through the door and they were both kind of hallucinating?

Oof. I'd feel awful for Shelley and Bobby if that's what went down.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

That wasn't Becky, that was Gersten at the tree.

I think Cooper AND Audrey both woke up. I'm pretty sure Audrey was attacking, confronting her inner self that's kept her asleep.

I've had some problems with the series, but tonight was pretty tight!
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

mtwentz wrote:
Hester Prynne wrote:
C-Lee wrote: He's back.
What was the movie he was watching? What did they say that snapped him out of it and made him go to the electrical outlet?
They said, "Gordon Cole"
Geez! I need a new tv! I didn't hear "Gordon Cole" at all because the sound is crap. No wonder I couldn't figure out what the hell had happened. . .
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

One of the strangest episodes yet, but I liked it. I'm not posting many impressions lately as need to rewatch these last few episodes.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

I always thought that Ed and Nadine's house was right next to the Gas Farm on the old show. Am I wrong about that?

I thought Cyril Pons was a big time new reporter. What is he doing living at a trailer park?

So Jeffries just spends his time in a giant teapot now?

So Charlene Yi must have been waiting for Wally Brando, right?

Have we seen the woman who unlocked the door for Doppel Coop before? What was her credit?

Have we seen a No Smoking sign at the roadhouse any other time than the Richard Horne scene?

I hope that if I talk to someone on the phone right before I die that it's someone who can carry a compassionate conversation better than Hawk.

It was cool to see another scene with Bobby and James in the jail cells. I wish they would have had some dialog with each other though.

I doubt if Audrey has been in a coma all this time that Richard would have seen a photo of Agent Cooper that she had. Also, how would she have had gotten a photo of Cooper any time before the bank explosion?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

FlyingSquirrel wrote:Why hasn't Billy - assuming that is Billy in the jail cell - been taken to the hospital or something? It wouldn't speak very well of Frank, Hawk, Andy, and Bobby to just leave him sitting there drooling and yelling without at least getting checked by a doctor at some point.
The "drunk" in the jail cell has tubes in his nose. This indicates some sort of medical care, unless the tubes are from a preexisting condition.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Jonah wrote:One of the strangest episodes yet, but I liked it. I'm not posting many impressions lately as need to rewatch these last few episodes.
As the Grateful Dead used to sing, "You know it's gonna get stranger..."
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Esselgee wrote:I always thought that Ed and Nadine's house was right next to the Gas Farm on the old show. Am I wrong about that?

I thought Cyril Pons was a big time new reporter. What is he doing living at a trailer park?

So Jeffries just spends his time in a giant teapot now?

So Charlene Yi must have been waiting for Wally Brando, right?

Have we seen the woman who unlocked the door for Doppel Coop before? What was her credit?

Have we seen a No Smoking sign at the roadhouse any other time than the Richard Horne scene?

I hope that if I talk to someone on the phone right before I die that it's someone who can carry a compassionate conversation better than Hawk.

It was cool to see another scene with Bobby and James in the jail cells. I wish they would have had some dialog with each other though.

I doubt if Audrey has been in a coma all this time that Richard would have seen a photo of Agent Cooper that she had. Also, how would she have had gotten a photo of Cooper any time before the bank explosion?
The Evolution of Jeffries.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Audrey could still be in a coma and have had a photo of Cooper... And Richard just knows it as one of his mother's keepsakes. It could make sense that Ben told him the photo belongs to your mother.