Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

cgs027
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby cgs027 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:46 pm

blue_tomorrows wrote:
misterroundheels wrote:
blue_tomorrows wrote:
As much as I've come around to loving this show, that's the kind of stuff that drives me up the flippin' wall. Seriously, who WRITES shit like that???

David Lynch and Mark Frost


I know, I know...it was a rhetorical question lol.

I think they are both absolutely first-rate writers for the most part, but unmotivated garbage like that makes me pause sometimes.


Wow, I could not understand a friggin word of that either. But if that was what was going on...? Even more reason to ask why we wasted 5 minutes on that scene? So, the guy liked snatch? Great...
User avatar
Deep Thought
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:05 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby Deep Thought » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:48 pm

My inner fan boy emerges. This is all I need from this series. I am newly excited for the last three parts.

15 >> 8 IMO.
Last edited by Deep Thought on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
User avatar
BEARisonFord
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:19 am

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby BEARisonFord » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:49 pm

This was a GREAT episode, through and through.

I still subscribe to the idea that Audrey is either in some sort of mental hospital or I suppose the coma, although it sounds like her son has had interactions with her so that's less likely.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm surprised they ended up not recasting Phillip Jeffries, although his current form is perfectly fine and Lynchian.

Loved the Ed & Norma stuff. It was great when her hand slowly crept into frame. Glad this story finally has closure 25 years later.
User avatar
Jasper
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:24 am

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby Jasper » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Voltaire wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Jasper wrote:When "Dougie" was crawling on the floor towards the socket, he looked like straight-up Dale Cooper.


He looked de-aged. His expression, everything. It's like he came back in that moment but we're not gonna know till next episode! Or the finale...


Another cock tease of getting Cooper back. No matter how I try not to be disappointed with these teases...they have gotten me every time.


How was it a "cock tease". The last we saw of him he looked like Dale Cooper. He didn't go back to acting like "Dougie". Instead he almost certainly either died or jolted himself all the way back to Cooper by doing something like getting the rest of his memory/wits via electricity. So while it's not guaranteed, I think it's likely we'll see Cooper acting like Cooper in the psychic/spiritual world like we did in the first three parts, or Cooper will wake up in the hospital in Las Vegas as Dale Cooper. I think it's relatively unlikely that we'll see Cooper acting like Dougie-Coop again.

Poor Janey-E and Sonny Jim. I hope their story doesn't end in pure tragedy.
User avatar
Audrey Horne
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: The Great Northern

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby Audrey Horne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:49 pm

I don't think Lynch and Frost can get away with subtly suggesting different timelines for different stories now... Audrey and Chalrie have been at the house with their coats for many day and night scenes in other episodes now. The threshold is her leaving her purgatory.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Esselgee
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:44 am

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby Esselgee » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:50 pm

How did Will and Eileen Hayward end up with a daughter who turned out like Gersten?
User avatar
frompureair
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 9:07 am

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby frompureair » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:50 pm

I swear at first I thought Jeffries was a giant percolator pouring coffee as a Pete tribute. Btw we've not seen or heard any mention of him or Catherine other than he died in the blast.
Hester Prynne
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:10 am

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby Hester Prynne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:51 pm

I wonder what Richard and Mr. C are going to talk about in the car :D .

- Interesting that he didn't just kill him and told him to get in the car in the first place which is definitely pointing to Mr. C being Dad.
User avatar
Deep Thought
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:05 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby Deep Thought » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Don't forget the kids. I hates kids!
There's your roast beef and cheese.
User avatar
N. Needleman
Posts: 1895
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby N. Needleman » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:54 pm

I never thought Michael Cera's girlfriend/ex? (Charlyne Yi) -  the stoner chick from Knocked Up - would have one of the most incredible sequences in Twin Peaks history, but here we are.

What an episode. And the convenience store! (Complete with the wallpaper from Laura's painting in FWWM)

"In memory of Margaret Lanterman."
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
User avatar
Soolsma
Posts: 1017
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby Soolsma » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:55 pm

cgs027 wrote:
blue_tomorrows wrote:
misterroundheels wrote:David Lynch and Mark Frost


I know, I know...it was a rhetorical question lol.

I think they are both absolutely first-rate writers for the most part, but unmotivated garbage like that makes me pause sometimes.


Wow, I could not understand a friggin word of that either. But if that was what was going on...? Even more reason to ask why we wasted 5 minutes on that scene? So, the guy liked snatch? Great...


I think the point of that scene was portraying the evil of those woods.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
User avatar
Voltaire
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:59 pm

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby Voltaire » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Jasper wrote:
Voltaire wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
He looked de-aged. His expression, everything. It's like he came back in that moment but we're not gonna know till next episode! Or the finale...


Another cock tease of getting Cooper back. No matter how I try not to be disappointed with these teases...they have gotten me every time.


How was it a "cock tease". The last we saw of him he looked like Dale Cooper. He didn't go back to acting like "Dougie". Instead he almost certainly either died or jolted himself all the way back to Cooper by doing something like getting the rest of his memory/wits via electricity. So while it's not guaranteed, I think it's likely we'll see Cooper acting like Cooper in the psychic/spiritual world like we did in the first three parts, or Cooper will wake up in the hospital in Las Vegas as Dale Cooper. I think it's relatively unlikely that we'll see Cooper acting like Dougie-Coop again.

Poor Janey-E and Sonny Jim. I hope their story doesn't end in pure tragedy.


It was a cock tease in that when he heard Gordon Cole you thought that was it and also that he would awaken this episode...which he has not and there is no guarantee that he will next week although I admit that it is likely.
Hester Prynne
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:10 am

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby Hester Prynne » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Audrey Horne wrote:And it's been five days since Mr. C was at the motel and got the call from Jeffries.


And since that voice is definitely not Jeffries, and we haven't met any other characters, I am still convinced he was talking to Albert.
User avatar
Deep Thought
Posts: 303
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:05 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby Deep Thought » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:56 pm

BEARisonFord wrote:Loved the Ed & Norma stuff. It was great when her hand slowly crept into frame. Glad this story finally has closure 25 years later.


Everett McGill was inspiring. Why he is not one of the great actors of our time is a mystery to me. When Norma's hand touched his shoulder, Big Ed woke from a dream. One of my absolute favorite moments of The Return.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
User avatar
Voltaire
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:59 pm

Re: Part 15 - There's some fear in letting go (SPOILERS)

Postby Voltaire » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Soolsma wrote:
cgs027 wrote:
blue_tomorrows wrote:
I know, I know...it was a rhetorical question lol.

I think they are both absolutely first-rate writers for the most part, but unmotivated garbage like that makes me pause sometimes.


Wow, I could not understand a friggin word of that either. But if that was what was going on...? Even more reason to ask why we wasted 5 minutes on that scene? So, the guy liked snatch? Great...


I think the point of that scene was portraying the evil of those woods.


It was also portraying his tremendous love of her lady parts.

Return to “Parts Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests