Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by Metamorphia »

I feel very strange and wonderful things
Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Post by Troubbble »

Guys, I don't know if I can sleep tonight. Absolutely on fire over what I just saw, and feel so unbelievably blessed that this is even happening to begin with. Wow...
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

I had tears in my eyes when Dougie said his goodbyes! What a journey this has been
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

The Grey Lodge wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Except none of the episodes were boring- it's just that this one kicked ass a little more!!!!
This. If it was "boring" then that's on you.
I was responding to someone saying that TPTR wasn't boring (to me) as if that is an objective fact. It is not since art is subjective. After all, "One man's trash..." and all that jazz.

It was boring to ME. End of discussion.
It was actually kind of a joke on my part. On another thread, people have been substituting their subjective opinion for objective fact, and I was doing the same as a wink in their direction.

But I am glad you enjoyed at least this episode.

I truly do understand it's all subjective, no offense intended. I really hope you see the earlier episodes in a better light, but if not, I hope you enjoy everything going forward.
Last edited by mtwentz on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

The Grey Lodge wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Except none of the episodes were boring- it's just that this one kicked ass a little more!!!!
This. If it was "boring" then that's on you.
I was responding to someone saying that TPTR wasn't boring (to me) as if that is an objective fact. It is not since art is subjective. After all, "One man's trash..." and all that jazz.

It was boring to ME. End of discussion.
ok, and you publicly gave your opinion on a public message board where people publicly post opinions and debate them.

Dude who says you decide when and where a discussion begins & ends? You can't stop anybody from disagreeing or debating you. Know that before you comment! :P
Mace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mace »

Grabbed two frames of the bug that quickly shrinks and disappears. That's too well timed and conspicuous to be a coincidence.
IMG_0496.JPG
IMG_0496.JPG (174.17 KiB) Viewed 8921 times
IMG_0497.JPG
IMG_0497.JPG (165.29 KiB) Viewed 8921 times
Also note that Sonny Jim is wearing a green shirt with a gold/yellow jacket which are two colors that were prominently featured throughout this season. Dougie wore bold green and gold/yellow jackets this season also. Those colors along with black and red make up the bug image on the screen.
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

Confirmed: gangsters with hearts of gold.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Btw the whole revelation with Diane is something I totally didn't call. She was made by Cooper, presumably Cooper from the future. He set most of this up it seems. Time really has folded in on itself!
Damn! I didn't think of that. Wow! I keep thinking of Coop talking to her in the tape recorder - that whole time he was talking to someone who possibly wasn't real and created by his doppelgänger in the future. What does that mean about Janey-E who is supposed to be her half sister?

What's with the "seed" that Coop knows about? Are we all just manufactured for a purpose?

I thought maybe Bad Coop killed the real Diane and had a facsimile created of her.

Oh, and the coordinates lead to the Sheriff's station?! Looks like those other 2 sets of coordinates were bogus.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Deep Thought wrote:Confirmed: gangsters with hearts of gold.
Yeah, but blame Francis Ford for that, not Lynch...
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

Hester Prynne wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Btw the whole revelation with Diane is something I totally didn't call. She was made by Cooper, presumably Cooper from the future. He set most of this up it seems. Time really has folded in on itself!
Damn! I didn't think of that. Wow! I keep thinking of Coop talking to her in the tape recorder - that whole time he was talking to someone who possibly wasn't real and created by his doppelgänger in the future. What does that mean about Janey-E who is supposed to be her half sister?

What's with the "seed" that Coop knows about? Are we all just manufactured for a purpose?

I thought maybe Bad Coop killed the real Diane and had a facsimile created of her.

Oh, and the coordinates lead to the Sheriff's station?! Looks like those other 2 sets of coordinates were bogus.
i'm not sure about future cooper making diane. it seems to me diane was real, existed during the first 2 seasons of twin peaks and was then raped by dopplecoop 4 years after the season 2 finale. then he created a dopplediane and had her exist so he can use her 20 years later.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Mr. C said he got 3 sets of coordinates, 2 are fake are 1 is real.

If I understand this correctly, Jeffries and Diane are both working against Mr. C and gave him fake coordinates to kill him? But the set he got from Ray are real?
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
richsmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by richsmith »

If this Diane was a tulpa, then what are we retrospectively meant to make of her scene with EvilCoop in the jailhouse? She seemed so genuinely disturbed and vulnerable there. Was it another one of the moments like in her last scene in Gordon's hotel room where the "real" Diane was struggling to get out?
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

djsunyc wrote:wait...is naido the real diane?

i'm in the sherrif's office. HOLY SH T.

NAIDO - O-DIAN spelled backwards.
WHOA!!!!
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

richsmith wrote:If this Diane was a tulpa, then what are we retrospectively meant to make of her scene with EvilCoop in the jailhouse? She seemed so genuinely disturbed and vulnerable there. Was it another one of the moments like in her last scene in Gordon's hotel room where the "real" Diane was struggling to get out?
it seems to me that the text :) ALL was something to wake her up.
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

richsmith wrote:If this Diane was a tulpa, then what are we retrospectively meant to make of her scene with EvilCoop in the jailhouse? She seemed so genuinely disturbed and vulnerable there. Was it another one of the moments like in her last scene in Gordon's hotel room where the "real" Diane was struggling to get out?
it seems to me that the text :) ALL was something to wake her up.