Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
ThumbsUp
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby ThumbsUp » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:36 pm

djsunyc wrote:
Hester Prynne wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Btw the whole revelation with Diane is something I totally didn't call. She was made by Cooper, presumably Cooper from the future. He set most of this up it seems. Time really has folded in on itself!


Damn! I didn't think of that. Wow! I keep thinking of Coop talking to her in the tape recorder - that whole time he was talking to someone who possibly wasn't real and created by his doppelgänger in the future. What does that mean about Janey-E who is supposed to be her half sister?

What's with the "seed" that Coop knows about? Are we all just manufactured for a purpose?

I thought maybe Bad Coop killed the real Diane and had a facsimile created of her.

Oh, and the coordinates lead to the Sheriff's station?! Looks like those other 2 sets of coordinates were bogus.


i'm not sure about future cooper making diane. it seems to me diane was real, existed during the first 2 seasons of twin peaks and was then raped by dopplecoop 4 years after the season 2 finale. then he created a dopplediane and had her exist so he can use her 20 years later.


Yeah, my impression is that Diane was a real person. I'm confused though - Tulpas need a real person in the universe to be manufactured in the likeness of, yeah? Then where is the original Diane? (Still in love with and trying to make sense of that Naido connection.)
Rex
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:15 am
Location: US

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby Rex » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:36 pm

That "bug" an earlier poster referred to is a scarab, which is Egyptian.

In ancient Egypt, the scarab represented rebirth.
djsunyc
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby djsunyc » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:36 pm

Hester Prynne wrote:
djsunyc wrote:wait...is naido the real diane?

i'm in the sherrif's office. HOLY SH T.

NAIDO - O-DIAN spelled backwards.


WHOA!!!!


real diane - blinded and muted by dopplecoop but sent back by the fireman.
User avatar
Troubbble
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:55 am

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby Troubbble » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:37 pm

Hester Prynne wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Btw the whole revelation with Diane is something I totally didn't call. She was made by Cooper, presumably Cooper from the future. He set most of this up it seems. Time really has folded in on itself!


Damn! I didn't think of that. Wow! I keep thinking of Coop talking to her in the tape recorder - that whole time he was talking to someone who possibly wasn't real and created by his doppelgänger in the future. What does that mean about Janey-E who is supposed to be her half sister?

What's with the "seed" that Coop knows about? Are we all just manufactured for a purpose?

I thought maybe Bad Coop killed the real Diane and had a facsimile created of her.

Oh, and the coordinates lead to the Sheriff's station?! Looks like those other 2 sets of coordinates were bogus.


The Diane we have seen was made by the doppelganger, just like Dougie. The fate of the true Diane is unclear, but there seems to be a very important connection between her and Naido...
BGate
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:15 am

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby BGate » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Guys I really think Audrey's in some kind of hypnotherapy. That's why she runs to Charlie (who's running it/her doctor) and says "Get me out of here"
User avatar
Ashok
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:39 am
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby Ashok » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Do we know anything about Linda yet?
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
User avatar
blue_tomorrows
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby blue_tomorrows » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:38 pm

richsmith wrote:If this Diane was a tulpa, then what are we retrospectively meant to make of her scene with EvilCoop in the jailhouse? She seemed so genuinely disturbed and vulnerable there. Was it another one of the moments like in her last scene in Gordon's hotel room where the "real" Diane was struggling to get out?


I feel like her reactions in the actual interview scene were genuine....but by the time she got outside, her conversation with Gordon was a performance (which he saw through right away)
User avatar
Troubbble
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:55 am

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby Troubbble » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:38 pm

djsunyc wrote:
Hester Prynne wrote:
djsunyc wrote:wait...is naido the real diane?

i'm in the sherrif's office. HOLY SH T.

NAIDO - O-DIAN spelled backwards.


WHOA!!!!


real diane - blinded and muted by dopplecoop but sent back by the fireman.


In line with what I was just saying... I love this.
User avatar
Wonderful & Strange
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby Wonderful & Strange » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:39 pm

Diane was a tulpa, not a doppleganger.

It seems Bad Coop programmed her with the memories of the real Diane. And he also programmed her to do what he wants with certain code words.

The real Diane was likely raped and murdered and Diane 2 has those memories in her. She seemed to think she was the real Diane until the end when Bad Coop set her to kill.

So her pain was real despite being a Tulpa. She felt just as the real Diane would have felt.

It is possible the real Diane is still alive.
Last edited by Wonderful & Strange on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
richsmith
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby richsmith » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:39 pm

blue_tomorrows wrote:
richsmith wrote:If this Diane was a tulpa, then what are we retrospectively meant to make of her scene with EvilCoop in the jailhouse? She seemed so genuinely disturbed and vulnerable there. Was it another one of the moments like in her last scene in Gordon's hotel room where the "real" Diane was struggling to get out?


I feel like her reactions in the actual interview scene were genuine....but by the time she got outside, her conversation with Gordon was a performance (which he saw through right away)


That's the way it felt to me too. But then how is that at all consistent?

EDIT: Just saw Wonderful & Strange's post above mine, which seems to be reasonable.
Last edited by richsmith on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Lee
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby C-Lee » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:39 pm

Ashok wrote:Do we know anything about Linda yet?


The only time she's been mentioned (I think) is the fact she lives in the New Fat Trout Trailer Park and finally received a wheelchair from the government.
Rex
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:15 am
Location: US

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby Rex » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Odian is Spanish for "they hate".
User avatar
Troubbble
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:55 am

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby Troubbble » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Naido means "nothing" but is also O-DIAN.

Somehow, the doppelganger created a replacement for Diane and made the real one NON-EXISTANT?
User avatar
Troubbble
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:55 am

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby Troubbble » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Dupe.
Last edited by Troubbble on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
dugpa
Site Admin
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:45 am
Contact:

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby dugpa » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:41 pm

Troubbble wrote:
Hester Prynne wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Btw the whole revelation with Diane is something I totally didn't call. She was made by Cooper, presumably Cooper from the future. He set most of this up it seems. Time really has folded in on itself!


Damn! I didn't think of that. Wow! I keep thinking of Coop talking to her in the tape recorder - that whole time he was talking to someone who possibly wasn't real and created by his doppelgänger in the future. What does that mean about Janey-E who is supposed to be her half sister?

What's with the "seed" that Coop knows about? Are we all just manufactured for a purpose?

I thought maybe Bad Coop killed the real Diane and had a facsimile created of her.

Oh, and the coordinates lead to the Sheriff's station?! Looks like those other 2 sets of coordinates were bogus.


The Diane we have seen was made by the doppelganger, just like Dougie. The fate of the true Diane is unclear, but there seems to be a very important connection between her and Naido...


Seems to me the other two sets of coordinates were not bogus. They were a trap but set by who...

Return to “Parts Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests