Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie

cgs027
RR Diner Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby cgs027 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:18 pm

Oh, and this also makes the whole Richard and Linda, two birds with one stone clue much more cryptic... If we just saw Richard get fried into oblivion (and still aren't sure about WHO Linda is), how does the ONE STONE come into play?

(Unless those same coordinates somehow come into play RE: Linda).
Last edited by cgs027 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:17 pm

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby Mr. Jackpots » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:20 pm

Troubbble wrote:What do we make of the guy who dispatched Hutch and Chantal? Was that "random" and just an exercise in subverting expectations? Felt like maybe more, but I'm at a total loss.


It struck me as a random encounter involving road rage.

And Dougie Jones escapes another attempt on his life.
User avatar
twin-b
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:28 pm

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby twin-b » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:23 pm

Solitude wrote:Does anyone have a screenshot of Audrey in front of the mirror? I hear she has an Owl Cave tattoo on her arm.


I just looked again and you don't see her arm when she's looking in the mirror. Is the tattoo seen at some other time?
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby vicksvapor77 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Do we think the coordinates where Richard died were the two matching or other one? Like did he send him to the non-matching one and lie to him about it because he thought it might be a trap?

And who are the three people that sent him coordinates? Who sent the two matching set vs. the other set? Did Diane ever sent him any as far as we know before this episode? And did Diane send Mr. C the "right" or "wrong" coordinates in this episode?

Also, Diane was manufactured by Evil Cooper we assume, right? Based on Phillip Gerard's comment, he did it without him? But Cooper needs Gerard's help and hair to make one?

And what do we make of Mr. C's comment about him being only 25 years older than Richard? Is he only counting his "years on Earth"?
rsgmail
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:16 am

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby rsgmail » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:24 pm

twin-b wrote:
Solitude wrote:Does anyone have a screenshot of Audrey in front of the mirror? I hear she has an Owl Cave tattoo on her arm.


I just looked again and you don't see her arm when she's looking in the mirror. Is the tattoo seen at some other time?

When she's dancing. Left arm.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:25 am

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby madeleineferguson » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:24 pm

So Naido is Diane? "I'm in the Sherriff Station".
cooper075
New Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby cooper075 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:25 pm

FlyingSquirrel wrote:
Troubbble wrote:What do we make of the guy who dispatched Hutch and Chantal? Was that "random" and just an exercise in subverting expectations? Felt like maybe more, but I'm at a total loss.


Yeah, I think he's just a jerk with a gun. I'd call it road rage, except he wasn't exactly driving. Curb rage, maybe?


He was the jerk??? They shot first - he was just defending himself.
User avatar
Solitude
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby Solitude » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:25 pm

twin-b wrote:
Solitude wrote:Does anyone have a screenshot of Audrey in front of the mirror? I hear she has an Owl Cave tattoo on her arm.


I just looked again and you don't see her arm when she's looking in the mirror. Is the tattoo seen at some other time?


I don't know, someone mentioned it on Reddit, but i guess it's just missight.
User avatar
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby Wonderful & Strange » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:26 pm

The death of Hutch and Chantal was foreshadowed in part 15 when they talk about how America is a nation of killers.

They run into one of these killers and meet their end.

What kind of a neighborhood is this, indeed?
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
BGate
RR Diner Member
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:15 am

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby BGate » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Wait, who was Bellina Logan??
cgs027
RR Diner Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby cgs027 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:28 pm

vicksvapor77 wrote:Do we think the coordinates where Richard died were the two matching or other one? Like did he send him to the non-matching one and lie to him about it because he thought it might be a trap?

And who are the three people that sent him coordinates? Who sent the two matching set vs. the other set? Did Diane ever sent him any as far as we know before this episode? And did Diane send Mr. C the "right" or "wrong" coordinates in this episode?

Also, Diane was manufactured by Evil Cooper we assume, right? Based on Phillip Gerard's comment, he did it without him? But Cooper needs Gerard's help and hair to make one?

And what do we make of Mr. C's comment about him being only 25 years older than Richard? Is he only counting his "years on Earth"?


I took it to mean the 3 coordinates came from: Diane (via text), Ray (via paper in his pocket), and Jefferies (via smoke signals). Still not sure who I think had the "correct" ones vs the ones that were meant to fry him...
User avatar
Wally Brando
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:44 am

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby Wally Brando » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:28 pm

FlyingSquirrel wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
BGate wrote:So, Audrey *is* in some kind of hypno-therapy? Cooper asked Gerard to create another Tulpa (presumably of himself?)??


cooper is creating another dougie jones for janey-e.


I can't help but wonder if it's going to be that simple - or optimistic. I'm thinking perhaps Cooper will have to sacrifice himself and/or live out the rest of his life in the Lodge to allow Dougie to exist again, and that he plans to do exactly that. That song that Vedder's character was singing had lyrics like "whoever I was, I'll never be again" or something like that. Maybe Cooper figures that this is the end of the road for Special Agent Dale Cooper, FBI no matter what and, given the choice between allowing Dougie another chance or trying to rebuild his own life, he'll choose the former.

Yes, I think this time the one armed man will make a new version of Dougie with all of Cooper's best qualities, and after Dale Cooper (Finally!) sacrifices himself to take down Mr C. that this new Dougie Dale will live happily ever after with Janey-E and Sonny Jim.
User avatar
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:03 am

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby chromereflectsimage » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:29 pm

djsunyc wrote:wait...is naido the real diane?

i'm in the sherrif's office. HOLY SH T.

NAIDO - O-DIAN spelled backwards.


And 'Linda' can be arranged to Dian with an 'L'
Rex
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:15 am
Location: US

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby Rex » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:29 pm

rsgmail wrote:
twin-b wrote:
Solitude wrote:Does anyone have a screenshot of Audrey in front of the mirror? I hear she has an Owl Cave tattoo on her arm.


I just looked again and you don't see her arm when she's looking in the mirror. Is the tattoo seen at some other time?

When she's dancing. Left arm.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looked like a bruise to me.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Postby vicksvapor77 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:29 pm

cgs027 wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:Do we think the coordinates where Richard died were the two matching or other one? Like did he send him to the non-matching one and lie to him about it because he thought it might be a trap?

And who are the three people that sent him coordinates? Who sent the two matching set vs. the other set? Did Diane ever sent him any as far as we know before this episode? And did Diane send Mr. C the "right" or "wrong" coordinates in this episode?

Also, Diane was manufactured by Evil Cooper we assume, right? Based on Phillip Gerard's comment, he did it without him? But Cooper needs Gerard's help and hair to make one?

And what do we make of Mr. C's comment about him being only 25 years older than Richard? Is he only counting his "years on Earth"?


I took it to mean the 3 coordinates came from: Diane (via text), Ray (via paper in his pocket), and Jefferies (via smoke signals). Still not sure who I think had the "correct" ones vs the ones that were meant to fry him...


Yeah but Diane didn't send him the coordinates until after he says that or am I totally wrong?

Return to “Parts Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests