Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

cgs027
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by cgs027 »

Oh, and this also makes the whole Richard and Linda, two birds with one stone clue much more cryptic... If we just saw Richard get fried into oblivion (and still aren't sure about WHO Linda is), how does the ONE STONE come into play?

(Unless those same coordinates somehow come into play RE: Linda).
Last edited by cgs027 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Troubbble wrote:What do we make of the guy who dispatched Hutch and Chantal? Was that "random" and just an exercise in subverting expectations? Felt like maybe more, but I'm at a total loss.
It struck me as a random encounter involving road rage.

And Dougie Jones escapes another attempt on his life.
twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Post by twin-b »

Solitude wrote:Does anyone have a screenshot of Audrey in front of the mirror? I hear she has an Owl Cave tattoo on her arm.
I just looked again and you don't see her arm when she's looking in the mirror. Is the tattoo seen at some other time?
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Do we think the coordinates where Richard died were the two matching or other one? Like did he send him to the non-matching one and lie to him about it because he thought it might be a trap?

And who are the three people that sent him coordinates? Who sent the two matching set vs. the other set? Did Diane ever sent him any as far as we know before this episode? And did Diane send Mr. C the "right" or "wrong" coordinates in this episode?

Also, Diane was manufactured by Evil Cooper we assume, right? Based on Phillip Gerard's comment, he did it without him? But Cooper needs Gerard's help and hair to make one?

And what do we make of Mr. C's comment about him being only 25 years older than Richard? Is he only counting his "years on Earth"?
rsgmail

Post by rsgmail »

twin-b wrote:
Solitude wrote:Does anyone have a screenshot of Audrey in front of the mirror? I hear she has an Owl Cave tattoo on her arm.
I just looked again and you don't see her arm when she's looking in the mirror. Is the tattoo seen at some other time?
When she's dancing. Left arm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

So Naido is Diane? "I'm in the Sherriff Station".
cooper075

Post by cooper075 »

FlyingSquirrel wrote:
Troubbble wrote:What do we make of the guy who dispatched Hutch and Chantal? Was that "random" and just an exercise in subverting expectations? Felt like maybe more, but I'm at a total loss.
Yeah, I think he's just a jerk with a gun. I'd call it road rage, except he wasn't exactly driving. Curb rage, maybe?
He was the jerk??? They shot first - he was just defending himself.
Solitude

Post by Solitude »

twin-b wrote:
I don't know, someone mentioned it on Reddit, but i guess it's just missight.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

The death of Hutch and Chantal was foreshadowed in part 15 when they talk about how America is a nation of killers.

They run into one of these killers and meet their end.

What kind of a neighborhood is this, indeed?
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Wait, who was Bellina Logan??
cgs027
RR Diner Member

Post by cgs027 »

vicksvapor77 wrote:Do we think the coordinates where Richard died were the two matching or other one? Like did he send him to the non-matching one and lie to him about it because he thought it might be a trap?

And who are the three people that sent him coordinates? Who sent the two matching set vs. the other set? Did Diane ever sent him any as far as we know before this episode? And did Diane send Mr. C the "right" or "wrong" coordinates in this episode?

Also, Diane was manufactured by Evil Cooper we assume, right? Based on Phillip Gerard's comment, he did it without him? But Cooper needs Gerard's help and hair to make one?

And what do we make of Mr. C's comment about him being only 25 years older than Richard? Is he only counting his "years on Earth"?
I took it to mean the 3 coordinates came from: Diane (via text), Ray (via paper in his pocket), and Jefferies (via smoke signals). Still not sure who I think had the "correct" ones vs the ones that were meant to fry him...
Wally Brando
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wally Brando »

FlyingSquirrel wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
BGate wrote:So, Audrey *is* in some kind of hypno-therapy? Cooper asked Gerard to create another Tulpa (presumably of himself?)??
cooper is creating another dougie jones for janey-e.
I can't help but wonder if it's going to be that simple - or optimistic. I'm thinking perhaps Cooper will have to sacrifice himself and/or live out the rest of his life in the Lodge to allow Dougie to exist again, and that he plans to do exactly that. That song that Vedder's character was singing had lyrics like "whoever I was, I'll never be again" or something like that. Maybe Cooper figures that this is the end of the road for Special Agent Dale Cooper, FBI no matter what and, given the choice between allowing Dougie another chance or trying to rebuild his own life, he'll choose the former.
Yes, I think this time the one armed man will make a new version of Dougie with all of Cooper's best qualities, and after Dale Cooper (Finally!) sacrifices himself to take down Mr C. that this new Dougie Dale will live happily ever after with Janey-E and Sonny Jim.
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

djsunyc wrote:wait...is naido the real diane?

i'm in the sherrif's office. HOLY SH T.

NAIDO - O-DIAN spelled backwards.
And 'Linda' can be arranged to Dian with an 'L'
Rex
Roadhouse Member

Post by Rex »

rsgmail wrote:
twin-b wrote:
When she's dancing. Left arm.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looked like a bruise to me.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

cgs027 wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:Do we think the coordinates where Richard died were the two matching or other one? Like did he send him to the non-matching one and lie to him about it because he thought it might be a trap?

I took it to mean the 3 coordinates came from: Diane (via text), Ray (via paper in his pocket), and Jefferies (via smoke signals). Still not sure who I think had the "correct" ones vs the ones that were meant to fry him...
Yeah but Diane didn't send him the coordinates until after he says that or am I totally wrong?