Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Annie
Global Moderator

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by Annie »

I can't say it any better than everyone else. OMG! Tonight was fantastic!! Think we can lobby for Season 4?!?
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
nonemoreblack
RR Diner Member

Post by nonemoreblack »

Troubbble wrote:
nonemoreblack wrote: Really satisfying episode. Although the fact that we were right about Diane and Audrey being raped by Evil Coop is a hard pill to swallow. :(
Agreed - I hated the idea of it when it first came up.

However, it is all too appropriate that the Doppelganger would violate these two women, when the real Cooper apparently made a specific point to maintain proper boundaries with them both. (See again: Diane's "one kiss" with Cooper, years before encountering his twin.)
Yes, after Leland I suppose it's in keeping with the dark undertones of the series. I think maybe Audrey was in a coma, but she might be involved with the Lodge somehow too depending on what exactly Evil Coop did to her.

I like Janey-E, but I don't want the real Cooper to be with her. Just doesn't feel right to me.
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

BGate wrote:So, Audrey *is* in some kind of hypno-therapy? Cooper asked Gerard to create another Tulpa (presumably of himself?)??
Coopers request... I bet that becomes Dougie.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

ThumbsUp wrote:I'm very curious about that apparently first time Coop kissed Diane on the lips though.
The book My Life, My Tapes (by Mark Frost's brother, original series writer Scott Frost) chronicles a one-time sexual encounter between Coop and Diane. As unlikely as it seems, this moment from the book seems to have been fully canonized.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Cooper is telling the One Armed Man to make another Dougie (like him) to give the Jones a happily ever after. He stumbles on some of his sentences in his goodbye in telling them Dougie will be back. Cooper is fixing things. Cooper is not giving up on what he does best in life... "I am the FBI."
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

nonemoreblack wrote:
Troubbble wrote:
nonemoreblack wrote: Really satisfying episode. Although the fact that we were right about Diane and Audrey being raped by Evil Coop is a hard pill to swallow. :(
Agreed - I hated the idea of it when it first came up.

However, it is all too appropriate that the Doppelganger would violate these two women, when the real Cooper apparently made a specific point to maintain proper boundaries with them both. (See again: Diane's "one kiss" with Cooper, years before encountering his twin.)
Yes, after Leland I suppose it's in keeping with the dark undertones of the series. I think maybe Audrey was in a coma, but she might be involved with the Lodge somehow too depending on what exactly Evil Coop did to her.
I'm assuming Evil Coop did indeed assault Audrey, but I also have wondered if he manipulated and seduced her, and took advantage of her schoolgirl crush in a really sinister way to produce evil progeny, or to use Audrey to some ulterior end.
nonemoreblack
RR Diner Member

Post by nonemoreblack »

Audrey Horne wrote:Cooper is telling the One Armed Man to make another Dougie (like him) to give the Jones a happily ever after. He stumbles on some of his sentences in his goodbye in telling them Dougie will be back. Cooper is fixing things. Cooper is not giving up on what he does best in life... "I am the FBI."
Yes that's what I think too. Cooper belongs with the FBI.
guildnavigator
RR Diner Member

Post by guildnavigator »

Was ":-) ALL" an order for Diane to kill Tammy, Albert and Gordon? As in Kill all three of them?
crash_and_burn
Roadhouse Member

Post by crash_and_burn »

nonemoreblack wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:Cooper is telling the One Armed Man to make another Dougie (like him) to give the Jones a happily ever after. He stumbles on some of his sentences in his goodbye in telling them Dougie will be back. Cooper is fixing things. Cooper is not giving up on what he does best in life... "I am the FBI."
Are you sure he won't want to retire after all he's been through?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

BigEd wrote:You guys are giving me a headache. Mr. C told Richard that he was "25 years his senior." That just meant that he was 25 years older than Richard (it doesn't matter how old either one of them is). Now, since we know that TPTR is happening 25 years after the original series, that tells us that since Richard is Mr. C's son via Audrey rape in hospital (hopefully nobody is still arguing against that), then it all checks out. Richard is 25 years old. It doesn't matter what age Mr. C / Coop is. It's just math folks. :lol:
I think you're confused. Think about it this way.

David Lynch was born in 1946. His daughter Lula was born in 2012. That makes him 66 years her senior (i.e., he spent 66 years on Earth before she was born).

Now, if we were to retcon DKL's birth to 1956, he would only be 56 years her senior.

The parent's age is the key here; the kid's age is irrelevant.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

nonemoreblack wrote:
This is the TPTR cliffhanger. We won't know for sure if the tulpa will fill his spot in the FBI or fill his spot as dad/husband in LV.
pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Post by pvilmur »

KHAN Games wrote:Anyone notice the continuity error from the text that DoppleCoop sent Diane? Two different time stamps between cuts, one from an iMessage and one from a Text Message. Haha. Probably not relevant.
I think when DoppleCoop sent the text he didn't have a cell signal (it said "Undelivered"). I'm guessing Diane received the text when he finally was in range of a cell tower. Notice he sent at night while she received the text in the day...
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

BigEd wrote:
FlyingSquirrel wrote:
BigEd wrote:
Not sure why this wouldn't make sense. Mr. C told us Richard was his son and that he fathered him 25 years ago (had to be the rape in the hospital).
Right, but the real Dale Cooper was older than 25, and Mr. C - if he only came into existence when Cooper entered the Black Lodge - would have been, technically speaking, perhaps only *days* old at the time.

Obviously Mr. C isn't the most honest guy around, but it's kind of an odd thing to lie about, especially since it could have made Richard suspicious due to the apparent inaccuracy.
You guys are giving me a headache. Mr. C told Richard that he was "25 years his senior." That just meant that he was 25 years older than Richard (it doesn't matter how old either one of them is). Now, since we know that TPTR is happening 25 years after the original series, that tells us that since Richard is Mr. C's son via Audrey rape in hospital (hopefully nobody is still arguing against that), then it all checks out. Richard is 25 years old. It doesn't matter what age Mr. C / Coop is. It's just math folks. :lol:
If you're arguing Richard is 25 years old, someone who is "25 years his senior" is 50, correct? What are you not getting about that? Lol.
crash_and_burn
Roadhouse Member

Post by crash_and_burn »

BigEd wrote:
nonemoreblack wrote:
This is the TPTR cliffhanger. We won't know for sure if the tulpa will fill his spot in the FBI or fill his spot as dad/husband in LV.
Awwwwwwwwwwwww, sheeeeeeeeeit!

I didn't think of that!

What a completely fucking perfectly fucked up cliffhanger if you're right!
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
BigEd wrote:(BigEd not thinking straight)
I think you're confused. Think about it this way.

David Lynch was born in 1946. His daughter Lula was born in 2012. That makes him 66 years her senior (i.e., he spent 66 years on Earth before she was born).

Now, if we were to retcon DKL's birth to 1956, he would only be 56 years her senior.

The parent's age is the key here; the kid's age is irrelevant.
Yikes. My only excuse is long week/travel/family crisis (really :( ). Of course, you're correct and I was wrong. Thanks. :shock: