Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

writersblock
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by writersblock »

Panapaok wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:I'm surprised more people aren't more annoyed with the Cooper age discrepancy. Gahhhhhhhhh. I'll stew in my own pain haha.
Is there a discrepancy, though? Maybe the doppelganger was created when Cooper entered the Red Room. That'd make him 25 years older than Richard.
Umm no it wouldn't :D
writersblock
RR Diner Member

Post by writersblock »

Panapaok wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:I'm surprised more people aren't more annoyed with the Cooper age discrepancy. Gahhhhhhhhh. I'll stew in my own pain haha.
Is there a discrepancy, though? Maybe the doppelganger was created when Cooper entered the Red Room. That'd make him 25 years older than Richard.
Umm no it wouldn't :D
KHAN Games

Post by KHAN Games »

thunderclap82 wrote:
KHAN Games wrote:Anyone notice the continuity error from the text that DoppleCoop sent Diane? Two different time stamps between cuts, one from an iMessage and one from a Text Message. Haha. Probably not relevant.
I haven't caught up on all the posts in this thread yet, but Mr. C's message didn't go through initially. So the the discrepancy in the timestamp is plausible because she's seeing the timestamp of when the message actually went through, not when he first tried to send it.
That excuse can't be plausable. When someone "sent" the text has no bearing on the timestamp shown when someone receives the text.

Someone only receives a text once. The timestamp shown when someone receives a text is the time when they receive a text. That time will never change, and the method of delivery "iMessage or Text Message" will never change.

I won't argue that the time difference between the time a text is sent and a text is received can be different. But we were looking at HER phone both times. We are only concerned about the time she sees. And she sees two different times in two different scenes.

I'm not saying it means anything other than a continuity error.
pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Post by pvilmur »

sewhite2000 wrote:
Esselgee wrote:So does everyone else agree that Jerry definitely recognized Richard and possibly Cooper through his binoculars, even though looking through binoculars that way wouldn't have magnified anything?

Will he go tell Ben about what he saw?
Can anyone confirm if Jerry said anything legible after Richard's apparent death? It sounded to me like he was crying out, "Ben! Ben! Ben!", but I wasn't sure. If he was, it would indicate he knew he was looking at Richard, though I have no idea how he could make him out through tiny lens (maybe Sparkle gives him super-vision!).

It sounded like he was angry with the binoculars and saying something like "stupid binoculars" when he's hitting them on the ground. He's blaming the binoculars for the horrific vision, apparently...
writersblock
RR Diner Member

Post by writersblock »

KHAN Games wrote:
thunderclap82 wrote:
KHAN Games wrote:Anyone notice the continuity error from the text that DoppleCoop sent Diane? Two different time stamps between cuts, one from an iMessage and one from a Text Message. Haha. Probably not relevant.
I haven't caught up on all the posts in this thread yet, but Mr. C's message didn't go through initially. So the the discrepancy in the timestamp is plausible because she's seeing the timestamp of when the message actually went through, not when he first tried to send it.
That excuse can't be plausable. When someone "sent" the text has no bearing on the timestamp shown when someone receives the text.

Someone only receives a text once. The timestamp shown when someone receives a text is the time when they receive a text. That time will never change, and the method of delivery "iMessage or Text Message" will never change.

I won't argue that the time difference between the time a text is sent and a text is received can be different. But we were looking at HER phone both times. We are only concerned about the time she sees. And she sees two different times in two different scenes.

I'm not saying it means anything other than a continuity error.
That's not strictly true.

If a message doesn't go through i.e. didn't leave the phone, the timestamp actually corresponds to when it was succesfully sent - I am speaking from experience here :D

It's only if there was an issue with it reaching Diane's phone AFTER it was succesfully sent that there could be disparity between the time stamp and when Diane received it.
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

djsunyc wrote:Image
OMG, I work in neurological rehabilitation and have a client who has that exact response when I tell her she's 33. She's is four years post injury.

An aside - anyone thinking we get all these story lines wrapped up are crazy... Lynch and Frost have to leave SOME meat on the bone for the next pot of soup...
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Panapaok wrote:
Ragnell wrote:
Panapaok wrote:Is there a discrepancy, though? Maybe the doppelganger was created when Cooper entered the Red Room. That'd make him 25 years older than Richard.
No, that'd make him 9 or 10 months older than Richard.
No. I mean that he was created 25 years ago but he had the same age with Cooper. I don't know, that somehow makes sense to me. I always sucked at math though, so I'm not really sure. :lol:
This is all based on Cooper being 35 at the time so I'm not sure how that makes sense either haha.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
Ragnell wrote:
No, that'd make him 9 or 10 months older than Richard.
No. I mean that he was created 25 years ago but he had the same age with Cooper. I don't know, that somehow makes sense to me. I always sucked at math though, so I'm not really sure. :lol:
This is all based on Cooper being 35 at the time so I'm not sure how that makes sense either haha.
Yeah that's correct, ignore all the nonsense I said. In all fairness, I told you I suck at math. :P
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
MarFRELL

Post by MarFRELL »

One thing i haven't seen specifically referenced yet -

After tulpa Diane says her final "fuck you", and then it cuts to Mike, and then back to her... that weird face-stutter effect followed by her moving her lower jaw to the side! BRILLIANT effect, i was absolutely terrified by it! I had to rewatch it a couple of times, and i still don't know exactly what happened other than that it was scary as hell!
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Panapaok wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
Panapaok wrote:No. I mean that he was created 25 years ago but he had the same age with Cooper. I don't know, that somehow makes sense to me. I always sucked at math though, so I'm not really sure. :lol:
Yeah that's correct, ignore all the nonsense I said. In all fairness, I told you I suck at math. :P
That's fair! :)
1derpalm

Post by 1derpalm »

djsunyc wrote:
BGate wrote:So, Audrey *is* in some kind of hypno-therapy? Cooper asked Gerard to create another Tulpa (presumably of himself?)??
cooper is creating another dougie jones for janey-e.
I suspect it's because he knows he is going to die (walk through the red door). mfap told him he can only go "home" in FWWM and I believe in the original script for the final ep I think someone said it.
thunderclap82
Roadhouse Member

Post by thunderclap82 »

KHAN Games wrote:I won't argue that the time difference between the time a text is sent and a text is received can be different. But we were looking at HER phone both times. We are only concerned about the time she sees. And she sees two different times in two different scenes.
I misunderstood. I thought we were talking about the timestamp between Mr. C's phone and Diane's, not Diane's two different times. My bad.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

garethw wrote:
Novalis wrote:
garethw wrote:
Was he trying to get into the driveway at 1-1-9 lady's house?

I loved that whole scene, even if I am sad to see the end of Hutch and Chantal.
You know, you had me rethinking for a minute there, because during the Hutch-Chantal stakeout scene I kept thinking the DOM (119) woman would pipe up, but then I realised, she's squatting in the foreclosed house in Rancho Rosa, opposite the house Jade-2-rides and Dougie Jones used, and not on Lancelot Court. Did we make the same mistake?
Heh. Yup. :)
Haha, wow. I was thinking Hailey Gates was across the street from Janey-E's too. There's so much information I need to reprocess from this Revival.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Rhodes wrote:Still hoping to see Harry Truman (and/or Annie, Chet Desmond). And maybe a mention of Donna and/or Pete?
Not expecting to see any of the above in new footage except maybe Harry. But I'm shocked we haven't gotten a Nance dedication yet. I hope it was saved for the finale. I guess I can accept that Pete was so removed from the new story that they just couldn't shoehorn in a mention/photo, but it will be sad if the only acknowledgement of his death is in TSHoTP.
richsmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by richsmith »

Incidentally, to think that, back in Season 2, our prelude to the finale was Miss Twin Fucking Peaks. To me, that's sort of a perfect summation of how ultimately this new season, despite its flaws and frustrations, is operating on a completely different level to the original.