Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by djsunyc »

BGate wrote:So, Audrey *is* in some kind of hypno-therapy? Cooper asked Gerard to create another Tulpa (presumably of himself?)??
cooper is creating another dougie jones for janey-e.
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

ThumbsUp wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:So Audrey is in the nuthouse. And things play in reverse there. Glad Cooper got out.

Best part ever.
I kind of took it to mean that there's something supernatural/sinister about the Roadhouse. The band playing during the credits seemed ominous. And the fact that the penultimate episode closed out on the Audrey scene suggests to me there's something much bigger and broader at play than just "this one character went nuts."
Yeah, a band playing semi-backwards is pretty ominous. :)
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

ThumbsUp wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:So Audrey is in the nuthouse. And things play in reverse there. Glad Cooper got out.

Best part ever.
I kind of took it to mean that there's something supernatural/sinister about the Roadhouse. The band playing during the credits seemed ominous. And the fact that the penultimate episode closed out on the Audrey scene suggests to me there's something much bigger and broader at play than just "this one character went nuts."
Just trying to stay concise. A lot to unpack here. As I mentioned a few posts ago, maybe all the Roadhouse scenes are from a parallel story, whether Audrey's or someone eleses.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
Hercousin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hercousin »

MVP===>Polish Accountant. Good God, that's what I'm talkin' about.

Then that ending. Sherilyn seemed to shed all the years as she was dancing, then the trapdoor opened AGAIN. It was pretty cool considering the implosion of disappointment I experienced during Out of Sand.

Still no Laura but I 100% expect things to kick into high gear now. With two hours left.
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

djsunyc wrote:diane was raped and is a tulpa.
audrey was raped...so is she now a tulpa too?
Whoever the Audrey we saw looking into the mirror at the end was the real one, if that's the case. Definite entrapment/existential crisis happening, which nicely mirrors both Coop and Johnny.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

How could Audrey imagine Eddie Vedder if she's been in a coma all this time? Pearl Jam weren't even around back then.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

BRILLIANT. To all those people judging Audrey's stuff so early shoulda known if you get cheesy scenes like that in a Lynch production, you're being FOOLED. Don't fall for the trickster.

Btw the whole revelation with Diane is something I totally didn't call. She was made by Cooper, presumably Cooper from the future. He set most of this up it seems. Time really has folded in on itself!
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

Esselgee wrote:How could Audrey imagine Eddie Vedder if she's been in a coma all this time? Pearl Jam weren't even around back then.
well he wasn't announced as eddie vedder and i think that was intentional.
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

Deep Thought wrote:
ThumbsUp wrote:

Best part ever.
Just trying to stay concise. A lot to unpack here. As I mentioned a few posts ago, maybe all the Roadhouse scenes are from a parallel story, whether Audrey's or someone eleses.
Agreed! I think there's going to be a grand Roadhouse payoff. Which is a nice throwback to the original series, as the Roadhouse definitely had a supernatural connection in it at times.
Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Post by Troubbble »

Janey-E notes that comas can last for YEARS in the same episode that the Doppelganger calls Richard "son."

And then, that ending.

Jesus Christ, Audrey. What did he DO to you?
MarFRELL

Post by MarFRELL »

Was tulpa Diane saying "I am the sheriff's office" or was i mishearing??

And on a similar vein, what did the guy shout when interrupting Audrey's dance?

I think i need to borrow Gordon's hearing aid
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

Didn't Sonny Jim mimic Donna? "You're my dad! You're my dad!"
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

Anyone think Richard getting shocked is related to Coop getting shocked in the last episode?
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Esselgee wrote:How could Audrey imagine Eddie Vedder if she's been in a coma all this time? Pearl Jam weren't even around back then.
Bro Pearl Jam formed in 1990 in Seattle, they've totally been making music since then. I don't think she's in a coma per-se. Why I say this, is the mirroring of what happened when the fight broke out last episode. Also, she was looking in a mirror at that split second. It's definitely not a coma but something else.
metrojoe82
Roadhouse Member

Post by metrojoe82 »

MarFRELL wrote:Was tulpa Diane saying "I am the sheriff's office" or was i mishearing??

And on a similar vein, what did the guy shout when interrupting Audrey's dance?

I think i need to borrow Gordon's hearing aid
"I am in the Sheriff's office."