Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Nikki Grace
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by Nikki Grace »

docLEXfisti wrote:Where is all this negativity coming from? I wouldn't write off a Season 4 just yet - all can happen. Let's hope for the best.

Just pre-ordered the OST, releasing on Sept. 8th. Hopefully a Blu-Ray set will turn up soon as well... Then Shwotime will see, what money can be made ;)
For me, The Return feels very very "final". I see it as a bookend. It is sad, but also perhaps necessary at the same time.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Doesn't Twin Peaks have a small airport? Isn't that where John Justice Wheeler's plane was? Why not take the Mitchum brothers' plane to that airport? Or was that supposed to be Spokane that Pete took Audrey to?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Call it a hunch... But I doubt frost and lynch remember about that airport or a John Justice wheeler flew into it.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Voided
Roadhouse Member

Post by Voided »

docLEXfisti wrote:Where is all this negativity coming from? I wouldn't write off a Season 4 just yet - all can happen. Let's hope for the best.

Just pre-ordered the OST, releasing on Sept. 8th. Hopefully a Blu-Ray set will turn up soon as well... Then Shwotime will see, what money can be made ;)
I've pre-ordered both soundtracks and will get the blu-ray etc. I'll do all I can....but is it enough?
Just forget you ever saw it. It's better that way.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

If we don't see those FBI guys tonight, I will be profoundly disappointed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
Nikki Grace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Nikki Grace »

Voided wrote:

I've pre-ordered both soundtracks and will get the blu-ray etc. I'll do all I can....but is it enough?
It's not entirely about the money. Maybe Mark Frost and David Lynch don't want to continue it?
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Audrey Horne wrote:Call it a hunch... But I doubt frost and lynch remember about that airport or a John Justice wheeler flew into it.
John's plane was a small, personal aircraft that probably flew VFR (Visual Flight Rules) at lower altitudes and didn't need a controller at the tower or precision approach radar to land. The Mitchems probably have a jet like the FBI does, still relatively small and private but using instruments to navigate and flying at higher altitudes, and needing an approach controller and a tower controller to land.

I'd bet that Twin Peaks has a small municipal airfield with no controllers.
referendum
RR Diner Member

Post by referendum »

Ragnell wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:Call it a hunch... But I doubt frost and lynch remember about that airport or a John Justice wheeler flew into it.
John's plane was a small, personal aircraft that probably flew VFR (Visual Flight Rules) at lower altitudes and didn't need a controller at the tower or precision approach radar to land. The Mitchems probably have a jet like the FBI does, still relatively small and private but using instruments to navigate and flying at higher altitudes, and needing an approach controller and a tower controller to land.

I'd bet that Twin Peaks has a small municipal airfield with no controllers.
there was an interesting <fangeek> detail mentioned on a thread here the other day, no source given, that actually Twin peaks was supposed to be a really small town, like the actual snoqualmie but smaller, and originally the TWIN PEAKS sign was supposed to say 5201... but the network complained and said that nobody would watch a drama set in such a tiny place, and so L/F added another decimal place to make it 51,201, then the networks said OK go that's fine. Even though nothing changed in the script. :)
Last edited by referendum on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
''let's not overthink this opportunity''
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

So who do you think is most likely to show up tonight?
Windom Earle?
Chet Desmond?
Annie Blackburn?
Josie Packard?
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Of those four, none... I'm putting my bet on Truman.

I really want a Catherine cameo though.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
docLEXfisti
Roadhouse Member

Post by docLEXfisti »

Lara Flynn-Boyle is the new Bob :lol:
Olivias

Post by Olivias »

My hope is for Truman, via Skype, getting the tissues ready!!!!
Voided
Roadhouse Member

Post by Voided »

I assume this has already been noted, but when Albert and Tammy begin to fire at Diane....we see one camera shot without Tammy in the frame....just Albert. Then we cut back to Diane and then back to Albert And Tammy (who is suddenly back again). I don't see how this could be an editing mistake. What could this mean?
Voided
Roadhouse Member

Post by Voided »

Nikki Grace wrote:
Voided wrote:

It's not entirely about the money. Maybe Mark Frost and David Lynch don't want to continue it?
It's fine if they don't wish to continue. In fact, I don't think they should....but I'd hate to think it's the end of Lynch's career as a film maker.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by mtsi »

Voided wrote:I assume this has already been noted, but when Albert and Tammy begin to fire at Diane....we see one camera shot without Tammy in the frame....just Albert. Then we cut back to Diane and then back to Albert And Tammy (who is suddenly back again). I don't see how this could be an editing mistake. What could this mean?
Caught that too. No idea.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.