Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Louisahoo

Re: Part 16 - No knock, no doorbell (SPOILERS)

Post by Louisahoo »

Wally Brando wrote:
FlyingSquirrel wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
cooper is creating another dougie jones for janey-e.
I can't help but wonder if it's going to be that simple - or optimistic. I'm thinking perhaps Cooper will have to sacrifice himself and/or live out the rest of his life in the Lodge to allow Dougie to exist again, and that he plans to do exactly that. That song that Vedder's character was singing had lyrics like "whoever I was, I'll never be again" or something like that. Maybe Cooper figures that this is the end of the road for Special Agent Dale Cooper, FBI no matter what and, given the choice between allowing Dougie another chance or trying to rebuild his own life, he'll choose the former.
Yes, I think this time the one armed man will make a new version of Dougie with all of Cooper's best qualities, and after Dale Cooper (Finally!) sacrifices himself to take down Mr C. that this new Dougie Dale will live happily ever after with Janey-E and Sonny Jim.
Agreed. The clues were all there tonight. And Dale even mentioned some of them. If you look back over the cooper arc of the whole return, what can we deduce? Random acts of kindness and goodness, even if simple and mundane, can defeat the most complex and elaborate plans of evil.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
And what do we make of Mr. C's comment about him being only 25 years older than Richard? Is he only counting his "years on Earth"?
Not sure why this wouldn't make sense. Mr. C told us Richard was his son and that he fathered him 25 years ago (had to be the rape in the hospital).
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

how does sarah palmer fit into all this?
cgs027
RR Diner Member

Post by cgs027 »

BigEd wrote:
cgs027 wrote:Oh, and this also makes the whole Richard and Linda, two birds with one stone clue much more cryptic... If we just saw Richard get fried into oblivion (and still aren't sure about WHO Linda is), how does the ONE STONE come into play?

(Unless those same coordinates somehow come into play RE: Linda).
Not sure about this, but that was one big "stone" that Richard got fried on.
Ahhhh... Interesting.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Hester Prynne wrote:
dugpa wrote:
Seems to me the other two sets of coordinates were not bogus. They were a trap but set by who...
ALBERT! That had to be his voice on the phone. He missed him in New York because he set a trap for him there as well. He has been working with Jeffries perhaps since Jeffries gave the other wrong coordinates.
I like the Albert theory too! I thought Mr. C said he had two matching coordinates, one non-matching one. So how does that jive with "the other wrong coordinates"?
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

BigEd wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
And what do we make of Mr. C's comment about him being only 25 years older than Richard? Is he only counting his "years on Earth"?
Not sure why this wouldn't make sense. Mr. C told us Richard was his son and that he fathered him 25 years ago (had to be the rape in the hospital).
He said he's 25 years Richard's senior. That's not the same thing as saying Richard is 25.
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

djsunyc wrote:how does sarah palmer fit into all this?
She's likely being inhabited by the Mother or Jumping Man, and the Mother is what Evil Coop is looking for.

There was a theory on Reddit the other day that posited Sarah was the "Jeffries" whom Evil Coop spoke to on the phone earlier in the season, through the powers of voice modulation. But Albert being on the other end makes more sense to me.

My questions: The NYC box? Buenos Aires? Judy?
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
BigEd wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
He said he's 25 years Richard's senior. That's not the same thing as saying Richard is 25.
That's a bit odd. If Richard is also his son that means he's saying he was 25 years old when Richard was born, which doesn't make much sense (Cooper was surely older than that).
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

AgentEcho wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
BigEd wrote:
That's a bit odd. If Richard is also his son that means he's saying he was 25 years old when Richard was born, which doesn't make much sense (Cooper was surely older than that).
That's exactly why I brought it up haha. Someone on Twitter said maybe he is the "same earthly age" as Richard because that's when he got out of the Lodge or even was created to begin with, with Cooper entering and splitting into two? Not sure.
TheGum
RR Diner Member

Post by TheGum »

Sandie - Diane S
Mandie- Diane M
Candie - Diane C

Others-
Naido - Dian O
Linda - dian L
Nadine - Diane N
Last edited by TheGum on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back in style!
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Wild theory: Audrey has been abducted by aliens. That seemed to be a "bright white" environment typically seen in alien abduction movies and TV.
kornishpyxee
Roadhouse Member

Post by kornishpyxee »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:Diane was a tulpa, not a doppelganger.
I'm not sure I understand the difference between the two. Would you please explain it to me?

Thanks,

kornishpyxee
The next time you see me it won't be me.
TheGum
RR Diner Member

Post by TheGum »

"When you see me again it won't be me" also seems to have added significance with the Tulpa-like disappearance of Laura in episode 1.
I'm back in style!
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

kornishpyxee wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:Diane was a tulpa, not a doppelganger.
I'm not sure I understand the difference between the two. Would you please explain it to me?

Thanks,

kornishpyxee
every person has a double- doppleganger.

cooper and then dopplecooper (the one with the white eyes in the season 2 finale).

but you and your doppleganger can create a "tulpa" - using your dna - which is the little gold orb.
Wally Brando
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wally Brando »

Is Audrey having electric shock therapy?