Part 17 - The past dictates the future (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: Part 17 - The past dictates the future (SPOILERS)

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

claaa7 wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Wow, why is Julee Cruise so upset at David and Sabrina Sutherland?
what does this mean? why not post or quote what you're talking about if you are going to mention it? thanks
Easy cowboy

https://www.alternativenation.net/twin- ... vid-lynch/
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
claaa7 wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Wow, why is Julee Cruise so upset at David and Sabrina Sutherland?
what does this mean? why not post or quote what you're talking about if you are going to mention it? thanks
Easy cowboy

Thanks.. Didnt mean to come off as a jerk, but your post had me intrigued and i couldnt find the info on a quick search. Quite intetesting though, esp that Harry Goaz liked and commended her post
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Part 17 - The past dictates the future (SPOILERS)

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

claaa7 wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
claaa7 wrote:
Easy cowboy

Thanks.. Didnt mean to come off as a jerk, but your post had me intrigued and i couldnt find the info on a quick search. Quite intetesting though, esp that Harry Goaz liked and commended her post
No sweat. Apparently a lot happened backstage that we don't know about.
Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewtoTwinPeaks
Roadhouse Member

Post by NewtoTwinPeaks »

Some questions:

- Who was it that called Cooper in episode 2? Cooper asks Jeffries this, but is it ever answered?

- How did that ring end up in Major's stomach? Who put it there?

- How did Major Briggs die? I remember Matthew Lillard saying his head started to float, but not much more.

- What was the Doppleganger's plan? He showed Daria the card with the 'Mother of All Evil' symbol but what exactly was he looking for from her? I don't really understand his end goal.

- What's up with Audrey?

- What's up with the guy that presumable killed himself? Not sure if there was much point to that storyline.

- Who exactly are Richard and Linda?
Rhiannon

Post by Rhiannon »

Fantastic episode, slightly disappointed in the Freddie v Bob finale, but it is what it is.One thing i was surprised, it took all of Mr C efforts to get to the White Lodge, but he was immediately sent from there by the Fireman to TP...why was it so important for him to get to the the White Lodge?
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Rhiannon wrote:Fantastic episode, slightly disappointed in the Freddie v Bob finale, but it is what it is.One thing i was surprised, it took all of Mr C efforts to get to the White Lodge, but he was immediately sent from there by the Fireman to TP...why was it so important for him to get to the the White Lodge?
I think it was implied that Briggs coordinates, which came off of Ruth Davenport's arm, were meant to get Mr C to the lodge, at which point he would be imprisoned and spit out to the sheriff's station, which would lead to his downfall. That's how I took it, anyway.
DeepBlueSeed
RR Diner Member

Post by DeepBlueSeed »

Nice to see Leo, briefly, even if only in older footage. It makes me wonder though - if Laura was saved, and Cooper never came to Twin Peaks to solve her murder, and Windom Earl never followed him up there, is Leo still alive in alt. timeline Twin Peaks?

Also, re: the battle with BOB. It was a bit disappointing that most of the cast just had to stand around and watch a newcomer to the show get into a fight with what I can't help but think of as BOB in a Pokeball ("gotta catch 'em ALL.") but I enjoyed the fight, and continued to enjoy the surreal animation effects from the Red Room.
"The stories that I wanna tell you about... "
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

claaa7 wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
claaa7 wrote:
Easy cowboy

I don't know what it means that Harry Goaz liked the post and wrote "I love you Julee". Was he just being supportive of someone who was very hurt by having her performance drastically shortened? Or perhaps this was his way of gently encouraging her to calm down? I tend to doubt that Harry Goaz has negative feelings about working on The Return. He got a lot of great stuff to do, not least of all Andy's journey to the Fireman's abode and his rescue of Naido. What's more, didn't Goaz comment that Fenn was being selfish when she was holding up the production with her protracted contract negotiations?

From what I've seen of Julee Cruise, she's somewhat of a loose canon. That said, I completely understand her disappointment at her truncated appearance, even though I think that her response is way overboard.
Rhiannon

Post by Rhiannon »

LateReg wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:Fantastic episode, slightly disappointed in the Freddie v Bob finale, but it is what it is.One thing i was surprised, it took all of Mr C efforts to get to the White Lodge, but he was immediately sent from there by the Fireman to TP...why was it so important for him to get to the the White Lodge?
I think it was implied that Briggs coordinates, which came off of Ruth Davenport's arm, were meant to get Mr C to the lodge, at which point he would be imprisoned and spit out to the sheriff's station, which would lead to his downfall. That's how I took it, anyway.
Sounds right on, thank you.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Laura seeing Coop in the woods during the FWWM footage is probably one of my favourite moments of Twin Peaks.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I instantly noticed that Julee Cruise's performance was cut short. I can't comment on behind the scenes stuff or what she's said on social media, but it was very noticeable and abrupt. Especially when you consider how long other acts got to perform for. It was disappointing, but was glad to see her.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

hopesfall wrote:Laura seeing Coop in the woods during the FWWM footage is probably one of my favourite moments of Twin Peaks.
Same. That sequence had me sobbing. I actually believed he'd done it - it was good to be true.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

I don't have subtitles. Did anyone with subtitles catch Cole's rendition of the name of Judy from ancient times? Jou Dei, Djoudai? Jowdae?
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

A Reddit post makes a good case for it being 'Jiao Dai'. Chinese for 'to explain'. Lynch's antithesis.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
fortinbras

Post by fortinbras »

Novalis wrote:I don't have subtitles. Did anyone with subtitles catch Cole's rendition of the name of Judy from ancient times? Jou Dei, Djoudai? Jowdae?
In Norway, the subtitles said "Jowday". Not a Norwegian word, so I guess it was not translated.