Part 18 - What is your name? (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

asmahan
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 18 - What is your name? (SPOILERS)

Post by asmahan »

Ashok wrote:
asmahan wrote:I'm dead... and confused... but I loved it?? And the Diane scene??? Richard and Linda are the only thing that make sense
I honestly didn't understand the Richard/Linda thing at all. If anyone can clarify that... or anything, that would be great. :lol:
I am probably wrong, but the Giant told Cooper to remember Richard and Linda and this clue let him know he was in the right direction to find Carrie/Laura?? My brain is basically pudding right now but that's how it felt in the moment. The Richard and Linda in the town of Twin Peaks were red herrings.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Ha ha, Lynchian pacing.

Here we are rolling slowly down the highway to Twin Peaks for the final scene.

Oh, I know! Let's stop for gas!

He's a cruel man, that Lynch.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

I don't know what in the hell just happened, but I know I just watched the two most amazing hours of tv ever.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

garethw wrote:
mtwentz wrote:I loved it but I can just see the Profoundly Disappointed group potentially becoming the majority on dugpa now :-)
LOL. I liked it, but "To the Profoundly Disappointed thread!" is a hilarious battlecry! :D
I was extremely surprised that there was no resolution to Red, Audrey, Steven, Becky, Ben/Beverly...
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

I think Cooper saved Laura from getting murdered. There was no body wrapped in plastic.....I also think they might have gone further back in time, not sure about that...or why Laura got sucked back into the woods twice?
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Also this may be a really stupid question but was the Cooper at the very end Good Cooper or Mr. C? Or did they merge in the police station? I had a really hard time following the last 2 hours.
Last edited by Ashok on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

I think what we've witnessed is, Cooper visiting these realities to try and save Laura. When he was intervening, something somewhere went wrong. What I take from this; no matter how hard you try to change the future, you can't change the past.

Also a pretty big Wizard of Oz reference going on when Cooper left and went through the door.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Expecting the Season 4 announcement soon. That was no ending.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

TwinsPeak wrote:I think Cooper saved Laura from getting murdered. There was no body wrapped in plastic.....I also think they might have gone further back in time, not sure about that...or why Laura got sucked back into the woods twice?
This though. Or some strange variation.
crash_and_burn
Roadhouse Member

Post by crash_and_burn »

I've been a fan for fucking aeons. So don't think I'm just jumping on the band-wagon because this screen name is new to Dugpa.

I absolutely loved the ride that is The Return.

However, after waiting all this time, for some resolution, for them to leave us with this ridiculously left in the lurch cliff-hanger, I must conclude that:

1) There will be more Twin Peaks.

2) Frost and Lynch are assholes.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Hester Prynne wrote:I don't know what in the hell just happened, but I know I just watched the two most amazing hours of tv ever.
Definitely, I agree. But if you thought the first 16 hours were polarizing, wait to hear the response on this board to these last two. I'll be curious to see who got off the bus with the lack of a conventional ending.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Taperecorder
Roadhouse Member

Post by Taperecorder »

Did Lynch just pull an 'It's A Wonderful Life'?
-
As above, so below.
-
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

madeleineferguson wrote:Expecting the Season 4 announcement soon. That was no ending.
It was kind of what I expected. An ending that would outrage and will take all of us together trying to put different interpretations to come to a handful of them that work for us (there will be more than one for sure).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:I think what we've witnessed is, Cooper visiting these realities to try and save Laura. When he was intervening, something somewhere went wrong. What I take from this; no matter how hard you try to change the future, you can't change the past.

Also a pretty big Wizard of Oz reference going on when Cooper left and went through the door.
if this is the case, does cooper get infinite # of tries?
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Hester Prynne wrote:I don't know what in the hell just happened, but I know I just watched the two most amazing hours of tv ever.
Sorry but this is bullsh!t... some of it was awesome...the rest? Fluffer... colour me disappointed.