Part 18 - What is your name? (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BGate
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 18 - What is your name? (SPOILERS)

Post by BGate »

AgentEcho wrote:I'm speechless and it's going to take me a while to unpack that.

Gotta hand it to Lynch, he intentionally leaked the end of the whole thing and still made it completely unexpected and confounding.
It wasn't intentional but yeah, you can't spoil something that is literally indecipherable to begin with.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Ross wrote:All I can say right now is What. the Fuck...
For one second, I almost thought the other waitress was going to be Annie...

then I remember the Mordeen 'Carrie' puzzle that got him in a lot of hot water and I figured that had to be the other waitress.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

Well, we at least answered the question regarding Bob still being with Mr. C! And congrats to whoever came up with the theory that Naido was Diane.
Harry Yallrite
Roadhouse Member

Post by Harry Yallrite »

So in the end, Mrs. Chalfont/Tremond had the last laugg - and Cooper was truly thrust into the heart of the pure darkness of evil that is JUDY...

And perhaps we ended with Cooper in the past - before the Palmers bought the house... and Mrs. Chalfont was setting everything in motion - which is what Cooper began to realize asking "Wait - what year is this?"

It was BEFORE.
"Is it future or is it past?"

I'm satisfied with that.
Last edited by Harry Yallrite on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"...I'm not above feeling a little sympathy for the stalwart and the dull. ."
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

AgentEcho wrote:I'm speechless and it's going to take me a while to unpack that.

Gotta hand it to Lynch, he intentionally leaked the end of the whole thing and still made it completely unexpected and confounding.
Explain.....??????

And what the hell did Julie Cruise say earlier this week on twitter that had everyone angry????
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

madeleineferguson wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
madeleineferguson wrote:Expecting the Season 4 announcement soon. That was no ending.
It was kind of what I expected. An ending that would outrage and will take all of us together trying to put different interpretations to come to a handful of them that work for us (there will be more than one for sure).
I was expecting a cliffhanger, no real resolution... but this was far beyond that. It felt like the entire story just stopped mid sentence.
The finale made it seem like the previous 16 hours served no purpose.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

djsunyc wrote:the richard/linda has to be a huge clue in all this.

the sex scene was so surreal - with "diane" covering up "coop's" face almost like telling him none of this is really happening - it's not what he's really seeing. totally got club silencio vibes from it.
Also the Coop face in the background at the Sheriff's station said "We live inside a dream." And the arm repeated Audrey's line about the girl that lived down the lane. I don't know what that means, but it contributes to the idea that maybe nothing is real - imagined, dreamed, alternate reality - I have no idea. I'm going to be rewatching this one for awhile.

And who was Judy :?: .
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

chromereflectsimage wrote:
How do you figure?
Last edited by BEARisonFord on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jadegive2rides

Post by Jadegive2rides »

Robot Butler wrote:The mystery continues. This is the way it should be.
1000% agree. I'm happy not knowing. Once we unpacked all the pieces, it started to make less and less sense coming together as a big picture. From the beginning, this show has been a murder mystery. I'm oddly satisfied not getting the answers.
Call for help
blue_tomorrows
Roadhouse Member

Post by blue_tomorrows »

madeleineferguson wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
It was kind of what I expected. An ending that would outrage and will take all of us together trying to put different interpretations to come to a handful of them that work for us (there will be more than one for sure).
I was expecting a cliffhanger, no real resolution... but this was far beyond that. It felt like the entire story just stopped mid sentence.
That appears to be the case. Also Season 1, Season 2, and FWWM. And the Missing Pieces. And TSHOTP.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

I want to know who the man was that Tremond was talking to. I thought we were going to see Leland peering out a window.
HaroldSmith

Post by HaroldSmith »

I swear I heard Sarah say "Laura?" right before Laura/Carrie screamed.
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

blue_tomorrows wrote:
madeleineferguson wrote:
That appears to be the case. Also Season 1, Season 2, and FWWM. And the Missing Pieces. And TSHOTP.
This is a story. If watching literally any of those could tell you anything, it'd be don't expect anything linear or conventional. Really weird some people are actually upset by this.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

HaroldSmith wrote:I swear I heard Sarah say "Laura?" right before Laura/Carrie screamed.
You did.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

The more I think about it the more I love it. I think this is everything I could ever hope for.

If there's anymore, COOL. If there isn't, still cool and the chills never stop.