'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

harmolodic
Roadhouse Member

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/

Post by harmolodic »

Harry S. Truman wrote:At the end, the book it will be a conventional novel, or be a mixture of dossiers, police reports, newspaper clippings as it was rumored, ??
Será una mezcla de cosas, casi una novela epistolar.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

harmolodic wrote: Será una mezcla de cosas, casi una novela epistolar. (It is a mixture of things, almost an epistolary novel).
That's what I think we should expect. It'll read like documentary fiction.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

harmolodic wrote:
Harry S. Truman wrote:At the end, the book it will be a conventional novel, or be a mixture of dossiers, police reports, newspaper clippings as it was rumored, ??
Será una mezcla de cosas, casi una novela epistolar.
Thank you very Much!! Will be Great!! And very good Spanish. :lol: :lol: 8) 8)
JordinGoff
Roadhouse Member

Post by JordinGoff »

This idea has me really excited! That sort of presentation would be perfect for the mysteries of Twin Peaks. That's my ideal version of this novel, but whatever it ends up being, I can't wait to get back to that world! I still can't believe this is finally happening :)
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

JordinGoff wrote:
This idea has me really excited! That sort of presentation would be perfect for the mysteries of Twin Peaks. That's my ideal version of this novel, but whatever it ends up being, I can't wait to get back to that world! I still can't believe this is finally happening :)
I Agree.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Harry S. Truman wrote:
Soolsma wrote:http://www.thesecrethistoryoftwinpeaks.com now leads here: http://us.macmillan.com/static/fib/twin-peaks/

I hope there'll be more soon..
Over time, they will be adding content
I hope that's true, it was described to me as a "landing page" so maybe all it will be is what it is now.
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

Hockey Mask wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:Interesting that the UK version of the book seems to have an additional 52 pages... Amazon.com lists the book as having 304 pages whilst Amazon.co.uk lists it as having 356...
Probably just a typo on Amazon's part.
UK version includes Missing Pieces. ;)

And I'm signed up for it! :lol:
Jugger

Post by Jugger »

Has anyone yet contacted the publisher to find out why the book listed on the Amazon UK website has a higher page count than the book being offered on the USA Amazon site? Yes, it "could" be a typo, or perhaps the UK is getting a longer version with added material than the US fans aren't. I will probably reach out the publisher and if a response is given to me, and no one has posted yet about it, I will make sure to do so. Better to be safe than sorry as I am sure the fans will want the most in depth edition.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

It's possible that the UK version could have smaller dimensions or larger font, both of which would up the page count. Perhaps an exclusive edition (but that would make no sense at all).

However, I think it's a typo.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jugger

Post by Jugger »

Mordeen wrote:It's possible that the UK version could have smaller dimensions or larger font, both of which would up the page count. Perhaps an exclusive edition (but that would make no sense at all).

However, I think it's a typo.

-Mordeen
That is true. So far the US distributor got back to me simply confirming the book on Amazon.com as having the correct page count, which really wasn't anything new, but they referred me to their UK branch so inquire about the Amazon.com listing so once I hear back I will report. I'd rather just confirm 100% if its an error in the listing or if its in a different font as you said, etc.
Glastonbury Grove

Post by Glastonbury Grove »

Amazon just listed an audio CD on their site in addition to the hardcover. Anyone have more info on this release? Perhaps we're getting a read by Mark Frost himself and maybe even some of the cast members?

:D :D :D
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Glastonbury Grove wrote:Amazon just listed an audio CD on their site in addition to the hardcover. Anyone have more info on this release? Perhaps we're getting a read by Mark Frost himself and maybe even some of the cast members?

Exciting!!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Glastonbury Grove wrote:Amazon just listed an audio CD on their site in addition to the hardcover. Anyone have more info on this release? Perhaps we're getting a read by Mark Frost himself and maybe even some of the cast members?

Exciting!!
It would be cool if Angelo was composing a soundtrack to the novel. Similar things have been done before; wasn't Poe's album Haunted kind of a soundtrack to her brother's novel "House of Leaves"? And I remember that in the mid-90s, the Star Wars novel Shadows of the Empire got a soundtrack as well.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

GeekBoyEric74 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:

Exciting!!
It would be cool if Angelo was composing a soundtrack to the novel. Similar things have been done before; wasn't Poe's album Haunted kind of a soundtrack to her brother's novel "House of Leaves"? And I remember that in the mid-90s, the Star Wars novel Shadows of the Empire got a soundtrack as well.
The more music by Angelo, the better. All I know is that the print and audio versions has already set me back 70 bucks. I have a feeling that it's only the tip of the merchandising iceberg.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Yeah, who knows we're getting another fictional autobiography of a new protagonist, maybe a couple.
The amount of merch, extras and goodies we'll be getting probably depends on how popular the new season will be.

I'm also betting we'll have loads of cool stuff heading our way through the interwebs :D
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."