'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/

Post by Jerry Horne »

ForKeeps wrote:
Henrys Hair wrote:News from London Book Fair - the book goes right back to the 18th century and right up to... the start of the forthcoming series. :D
Do you have a link? This is great to hear.

edit: I see now it was tweeted out by Jerry Horne. Is this info from someone on the ground in London, Jerry?
I read it here. However, I trust Graeme.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

ForKeeps wrote:
Henrys Hair wrote:News from London Book Fair - the book goes right back to the 18th century and right up to... the start of the forthcoming series. :D

edit: I see now it was tweeted out by Jerry Horne. Is this info from someone on the ground in London, Jerry?
No link, I'm afraid - it was verbal info from Frost's agent. I asked him if the book went up to the end of the previous series and he said it goes right up to the start of the next.

We only had a short conversation, so I didn't really get any other details (and no early versions of the book were there, although I hadn't really expected them to be).
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

Wow, I'd say that's solid confirmation. Thank you so much for getting an answer for us!
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Henrys Hair wrote:
ForKeeps wrote:

No link, I'm afraid - it was verbal info from Frost's agent. I asked him if the book went up to the end of the previous series and he said it goes right up to the start of the next.

We only had a short conversation, so I didn't really get any other details (and no early versions of the book were there, although I hadn't really expected them to be).
Great News!!! Thanks for the info!!
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Henrys Hair wrote:No link, I'm afraid - it was verbal info from Frost's agent. I asked him if the book went up to the end of the previous series and he said it goes right up to the start of the next.

Cool, thanks for sharing.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Henrys Hair wrote:
ForKeeps wrote:

I don't care if it dates back to the Stone Age and stops at the 18th Century. As long as it is a good read and fuels our discussions leading up to the series.

Which makes me wonder- how are we going to navigate the discussions of the book, once released. Should we have a separate *spoilers* thread for each chapter? That way, posters can start discussing the book before they finish.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

We won't be doing something so complicated. We expect people to have read the book on or closely after release date. Until then, better to avoid this thread.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Jerry Horne wrote:Until then, better to avoid this thread.
What about the S3 spoilers thread? It might take me a while to get the book, should I avoid it too?
Clueless
Roadhouse Member

Post by Clueless »

Great news, very relieving!

My main concern was not that I thought it would make a better read, but I had a deep regret that the very minuscule tidbits about character's fates or where abouts, ect that people have teased out from cryptic photos and inside sources in the spoiler thread would somehow mar the purity of watching the new season what with Lynch's call to "Keep the Mystery Live", but like Laura Palmer and her cocaine I just can't help it: i'm curious to find out where the character's are at least right before the opening of S3E1

Knowing that Frost and Lynch encourage the old fanbase to have pretty much a sizable amount of post-finale info makes me comforted that the new seasons surprises are not going to be based around filling in the gaps that the book will cover.
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
What about the S3 spoilers thread? It might take me a while to get the book, should I avoid it too?
I'd err on the side of error if you don't want to know anything about it before release date.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Clueless wrote:My main concern was not that I thought it would make a better read, but I had a deep regret that the very minuscule tidbits about character's fates or where abouts, ect that people have teased out from cryptic photos and inside sources in the spoiler thread would somehow mar the purity of watching the new season what with Lynch's call to "Keep the Mystery Live", but like Laura Palmer and her cocaine I just can't help it: i'm curious to find out where the character's are at least right before the opening of S3E1

Knowing that Frost and Lynch encourage the old fanbase to have pretty much a sizable amount of post-finale info makes me comforted that the new seasons surprises are not going to be based around filling in the gaps that the book will cover.
Agreed! Even just the bit that goes up to s2 would make for a great read and a sure pre-order for me. But s3's got things to do, places to go, people to meet. I am relieved that there is a space dedicated to wrapping up old threads and giving old characters the importance they deserve beyond the show's new priorities.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I think it's better to stay off this forum altogether until I'm finished reading the book. I don't know if there's any thread that will be 100% safe.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

mtwentz wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I think it's better to stay off this forum altogether until I'm finished reading the book. I don't know if there's any thread that will be 100% safe.
Agreed. I'll prob do the same thing.
I know you guys will miss me to death, but still
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

"Promo, I'm afraid. More to come on where they'll be found..." - Flatiron Books
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 11.33.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 11.33.51 AM.png (381.92 KiB) Viewed 8655 times
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 11.34.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 11.34.04 AM.png (394.32 KiB) Viewed 8655 times
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Pretty cool! I hope they send one along with the book.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
TheMx

Post by TheMx »

I have to save up for all the merchandise that's coming up...
That bag is beautiful!
"I am 100% sure that we're not completely sure"