'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Post by Hopper »

madeleineferguson wrote:I'm a little concerned that the Log appears to be in evidence now. The dossier was found at a crime scene; I hope Margaret wasn't involved somehow.
I think the log was there in the same rank as the cherry pie or the cup of coffee. Just a wink, a node to the original series.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Hopper wrote:
madeleineferguson wrote:I'm a little concerned that the Log appears to be in evidence now. The dossier was found at a crime scene; I hope Margaret wasn't involved somehow.
I think the log was there in the same rank as the cherry pie or the cup of coffee. Just a wink, a node to the original series.
At first, I thought that too. And it could definitely be the case. But the presence of the Log on the evidence table could be alluding to something more sinister. We've never seen the Log without the Lady, ever. Just wanted to point that out.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

I'm with Hopper here! I don't think those items are evidence, just some visual nods to spice up a heavily text-based video.
Besides, Margaret is in the show, so she should be fine :)
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

I wonder if the cave/mine referenced in the journal entry about Denver Bob might actually be Owl Cave?
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

madeleineferguson wrote:I wonder if the cave/mine referenced in the journal entry about Denver Bob might actually be Owl Cave?
I think it could be, too. I liked that little snippet, had a bit of a Lovecraftian flavour almost?
awjm

Post by awjm »

madeleineferguson wrote:I wonder if the cave/mine referenced in the journal entry about Denver Bob might actually be Owl Cave?
You know... from the description it sounded to me like the people mentioned seemed to find an alternative way into Owl Cave, a way that we don't see in the original series. So it could well be Owl Cave but just from a different entry point.

Also... not sure if this has been mentioned but I read that some people were saying they seem to have made an error with regards to the Log Lady's tattoo. The tattoo shown in the picture is in the style of Major Briggs' one. The Log Lady's was supposed to be different from his, no? Or perhaps that's what her tattoo looked like when she first had it given, back when she was 7 years old...
RedThread

Post by RedThread »

Interesting that Norma references Victor Buono's poetry on the Tonight Show. His most famous poem Fat Man's Prayer seems relevant to the indulgent dietary habits of Peaks residents - http://wbenton.tripod.com/humor/Jokeindex673.html
And cream is cursed, and cake is awful, and Satan is hiding in every waffle.
Victor died of a heart attack at 43.
Mace

Post by Mace »

RedThread wrote:Interesting that Norma references Victor Buono's poetry on the Tonight Show. His most famous poem Fat Man's Prayer seems relevant to the indulgent dietary habits of Peaks residents - http://wbenton.tripod.com/humor/Jokeindex673.html
And cream is cursed, and cake is awful, and Satan is hiding in every waffle.
Victor died of a heart attack at 43.
Haha! Even the smallest detail yields a fun confection... uh... I mean connection.

Buono, who played King Tut on the Batman TV show, was always snacking on something.
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

Mordeen wrote:I think it's intentional. Briggs' mark was just like that right after he was "abducted" in the second season, so Maggie's perhaps morphed over time. I know a couple of you hate that idea, but it seems too glaring to be a mistake.

-Mordeen
Maybe it was only her first time in the Red Room and/or the change in symbol might have something to do with the death of her husband?

Hopefully get more documents confirming this in the book
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

sparco1979 wrote:
Mordeen wrote:I think it's intentional. Briggs' mark was just like that right after he was "abducted" in the second season, so Maggie's perhaps morphed over time. I know a couple of you hate that idea, but it seems too glaring to be a mistake.

-Mordeen
Maybe it was only her first time in the Red Room and/or the change in symbol might have something to do with the death of her husband?

I had always thought the mark was a symbol of protection given to Margaret and Garland. They were White Warriors, after all.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

Mordeen wrote:
sparco1979 wrote:

-Mordeen

I had always thought the mark was a symbol of protection given to Margaret and Garland. They were White Warriors, after all.

-Mordeen
Great point! The way Catherine described it in the series (and the mysterious tone) always made my think of the Black Lodge somehow
Jugger

Re: SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime SPOILERS Thread

Post by Jugger »

I have not been around in quite a while, hope everyone here is doing well. Anyone going to the Mark Frost signing for the upcoming novel? I saw he was coming to Seattle around the end of October.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Panapaok wrote:I don't know about the novel but I don't think the series will retcon the date. I think they'll just say '25 years later', not 2014 or 2017.
I Agree.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime SPOILERS Thread

Post by Mordeen »

Jugger wrote:I have not been around in quite a while, hope everyone here is doing well. Anyone going to the Mark Frost signing for the upcoming novel? I saw he was coming to Seattle around the end of October.
I hope to attend the L.A. signing at The Last Bookstore, but have been unable to get any info about whether it's limited attendance (requiring a ticket or RSVP) event or whatever. I'll stand in a line for hours, I don't care. . .I just want info, dammit.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I've heard back from Powell's Books and does look like they will offer signed copies of TSHOTP for mail order. This will be a pre-order situation.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM