'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Mordeen wrote: I respectfully disagree. An individual's circumstances surrounding attending an event like the Fest doesn't make him any more special than anyone else. Getting 40-50 signed items is autograph farming and there's no way he did it for purely altruistic reasons. They placed restrictions on the number of autographed items because of this exact type of circumstance.

As an example: My family approached Jonny Leppel's table to get an autograph. Aside from the fact that he didn't charge for it (yay!), he was gracious enough to answer a couple of my questions, and his wife in attendance was also equally gracious with her time. We found that a conversation was starting, so we hung out at his table for almost thirty minutes. But we also recognized that we didn't live in a bubble, and that other people were there for the same reason, so we would stand aside and be quiet while other fans approached for autographs and to chat.

It's about respect. The guy in the '14 Fest example was disrespectful toward Sherilyn and the other fans if that's what truly went down. Placing blame outside of him for not knowing restraint is a bit daft in my opinion.

-Mordeen
I guess you misread my words, I didn't say the guy deserved "special treatment" because of the circunstances that got him to the fest. I don't even know the guy or how he got there. I'm saying that maybe there was a reason other than being an "a-hole" or "living in a bubble" for him to get over excited with the situation and bring excessive material. Sorry but to only see the negative side of a situation, especially when you weren't even there, is what I call a little bit "daft".

As for the fest placing restrictions on the number of autographed items, I didn't know this, like I said I made my comment based on what LonelySoul wrote. That is the wise thing to do. If the guy knew this and still brought so many items, then I agree, he was being disrespectful to the others. Still think organizers should let the attendees know Sherilyn wasn't feeling well that day so they'd know the right ways to approach her. Could've helped too.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Don't wish to belabor the point, but the organizers can't be expected to know or predict the minds of the celebs. Laura Harring suddenly announced she wasn't well and needed to leave. The organizers reacted in the best way they could but people got cut off and were rightfully disapponted because others abused their time in disregard to other attendees.

Don't get me started on what went down with Julee Cruise. My point is that blame is to be shared when in a situation like this. Shit happens.

Ringo says Peace and Love.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Mordeen wrote:Don't wish to belabor the point, but the organizers can't be expected to know or predict the minds of the celebs. Laura Harring suddenly announced she wasn't well and needed to leave. The organizers reacted in the best way they could but people got cut off and were rightfully disapponted because others abused their time in disregard to other attendees.

Don't get me started on what went down with Julee Cruise. My point is that blame is to be shared when in a situation like this. Shit happens.

Ringo says Peace and Love.

-Mordeen
When I say there was a "lack of organization", I'm not trying to diminish the festival or the organizers in any way. It's not an easy job to organize a festival and I'm sure they do what they can.
I agree, we can't expect organizers to know or predict celebs minds, but we can't expect attendees to do that either :)
It could be the guy was disrespectful and out of line, but it could be he was just overly excited to be face to face with his favorite celeb. Maybe it wasn't something conscious and plain selfish, that's all.

And yes, shit happens, couldn't agree more :wink:
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Just wanna chime in ,it should be more taken care of esp, for the next festival. hoping to go next year.hope things will go with the flow.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Mordeen wrote:Don't get me started on what went down with Julee Cruise.
I'm afraid to ask.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

Has there been any further information on the UK book signing dates? The UK Twin Peaks Festival is taking place on Sat 12 November so I was wondering if these 2 events may coincide...
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Yessss!!!!!! The Book will arrive to Spain!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I just saw now. in a short time will make official the cover !!!

In the end they have heard my prayers and this gem also come to my country. :D :D
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

:D very happy for you
Harry S. Truman wrote:Yessss!!!!!! The Book will arrive to Spain!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I just saw now. in a short time will make official the cover !!!

In the end they have heard my prayers and this gem also come to my country. :D :D
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/17/tw ... ow_twitter

"Many of the actors from Twin Peaks are set to return for the upcoming revival, and several will also lend their voices to co-creator Mark Frost’s new book, The Secret History of Twin Peaks.

Original cast members of the cult series, Kyle MacLachlan, Russ Tamblyn, Michael Horse, Chris Mulkey, and David Patrick Kelly will take part in the audio version of Frost’s novel, which reveals what the characters have been up to since the events in the show’s 1991 series finale.

The audiobook’s cast also includes Amy Shiels, James Morrison, and Robert Knepper, all of whom will appear in the upcoming Showtime revival of the series, which is set to premiere in 2017.

“I am thrilled that both original cast members and new actors will be coming together on this project to bring this other aspect of the world of Twin Peaks to life,” said Frost in a statement.

Annie Wersching and Len Cariou will also feature in Frost’s audiobook, which will be released on Oct. 18."
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
beano
Roadhouse Member

Post by beano »

wow! new and old cast members to read the secret history audiobook!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/17/tw ... ow_twitter
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

Interesting that Chris Mulkey's name is mentioned for the audiobook. If I recall his name was absent from the cast list for the new show.
birchy
Roadhouse Member

Post by birchy »

We also have two new names that aren't on the official cast list: Annie Wersching and Len Cariou.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Chris Mulkey!!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Awesome news!! And really cool to see Chris Mulkey, since (as far as we know) he is one of the non-returning actors from the original.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Holy shit! The inclusion of new cast members like Knepper, Shiels and Morrison sounds amazing and the plot thickens even more! Where can we find a full list of the people that will lend their voices? Also, I wonder if Forster or Ontkean will be featured. Probably Forster, I guess.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.