'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Post by Ross »

I guess we will all find out soon. I'm excited for whatever comes our way. And hopefully everyone involved (Frost, the publishers, the fans) enjoy it enough to warrant further material. But regardless, we are getting things we never thought we'd get after all these years. Frost will soon be talking about the book- so I'm sure these questions will come up with him.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Hey Ross, has it been confirmed that the page count of the preview copies that went out match up with the count on the current press release? An abridged preview edition would be a smart move to try to ensure no S3 related info leaked prior to the street date. . .

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Yeah, nothing is factual about the book or any future plans for another volume. The only fact is that we're getting new Twin Peaks in less than a month!!!
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

It seems that Ross ended up confirming that nobody can point to any direct source stating that the book won't cover post season 2. "people in the know" is again saying someone heard something somewhere that we can find no reference to. If it was someone like Jerry (that was already know we can trust) stating that he'd heard it from someone in a position to know it'd be different. Seems this just comes from some random board member and somehow got accepted as fact.
Robot Butler
RR Diner Member

Post by Robot Butler »

Either way, I think it's best to temper expectations.

I suspect we will fall short of learning Dale's definitive fate following the finale, but we will learn more about the Lodge and have expanded knowledge of Blue Rose cases, and learn much more about our favorite characters that will have us viewing the series in a new light.

I don't think this will be like that Star Wars aftermath novel than was supposed to build up to Force Awakens and instead just gave me the origin of Snap Wexley. Mark wouldn't do that to us.
birchy
Roadhouse Member

Post by birchy »

I went to Elliott Bay Books in Seattle and asked a few questions. It is not a ticketed event. Will be a reading with a potential Q & A. Was told that for most events, getting there fifteen minutes prior to the start is generally okay. Then the clerk said, "Oh, this is for Twin Peaks. Yeah, you should get here pretty early for that."
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Robot Butler wrote:Either way, I think it's best to temper expectations.

I suspect we will fall short of learning Dale's definitive fate following the finale, but we will learn more about the Lodge and have expanded knowledge of Blue Rose cases, and learn much more about our favorite characters that will have us viewing the series in a new light.

I don't think this will be like that Star Wars aftermath novel than was supposed to build up to Force Awakens and instead just gave me the origin of Snap Wexley. Mark wouldn't do that to us.
I really wish JJ Abrams would stop putting Greg Grunberg in stuff. He pulls me out of everything and I don't think he's a particularly good actor. Rolled my eyes when he showed up in Force Awakens.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Mordeen wrote:Hey Ross, has it been confirmed that the page count of the preview copies that went out match up with the count on the current press release? An abridged preview edition would be a smart move to try to ensure no S3 related info leaked prior to the street date. . .

-Mordeen
I believe people who have the book already have the same book that everyone will be getting.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Just noticed the list of readers for the book is at the top of the Amazon listing:
https://www.amazon.com/Secret-History-T ... 8&qid=&sr=

by Mark Frost (Author, Reader), Amy Shiels (Reader), Annie Wersching (Reader), Chris Mulkey (Reader), David Patrick Kelly (Reader), James Morrison (Reader), Kyle MacLachlan (Reader), Len Cariou (Reader), Mat Hostetler (Reader), Michael Horse (Reader), Robert Knepper (Reader), Russ Tamblyn (Reader)

Do we think this is the order of the readers? Also, was Mat Hostetler known as a reader before now?
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

With the exception of MF that list is alphabetical.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Mordeen wrote:With the exception of MF that list is alphabetical.

-Mordeen
Ah damn, you're right! I never would've thought about alphabetizing by first name.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Ross wrote:
Mordeen wrote:Hey Ross, has it been confirmed that the page count of the preview copies that went out match up with the count on the current press release? An abridged preview edition would be a smart move to try to ensure no S3 related info leaked prior to the street date. . .

-Mordeen
I believe people who have the book already have the same book that everyone will be getting.
Yep, you're right, just confirmed it with someone in posession of a copy. Soon enough we'll know what lies within.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

You just beat me to it :D
Does that sound like Bob's and MFAP's laugh?
Boy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Boy »

Those voices sound like ducks. What I'm more interested in is, are these "quotes" actual quotes by Jack Parsons and Chief Joseph?
They look like they could be, actually. It's just I don't get any luck by googling them.

But knowing Mark Frost, a long time reader could very well pick those lines from some book that is only in a physical form...