'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

JordinGoff
Roadhouse Member

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Post by JordinGoff »

Does anyone know if the physical audiobook has anything art or notes wise that the hardcover doesn't? Debating whether I can justify buying the CDs when I could get the whole thing with a free trial of audible. It would be very cool to have on my shelf, but maybe not worth it if I already have the hardcover preordered. Hard to stop myself from buying new Peaks merch even if I can get it digitally for free.
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

I'm not sure anyone else here ordered from the Book Depository website,but I did.

Just received this email from them this morning:
Your pre-order has been released by the publisher and is on its way to our warehouse. Your order will be dispatched from our warehouse soon, and we'll let you know once it's on its way to you.

Below that it says for Europe it takes between 4-8 working days for the book to arrive...hopefully I'll be getting it before this weekend!

Anyone else order from the book depository?
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

I was going to order from the Book Depository, but in my opinion it's website looked kind of sketchy. The reviews were pretty mixed too, so I didn't want to take a chance. I don't know about you, but I have to pay shipping, being from the UK, so I didn't want to take a chance. I ordered from Barnes & Noble. I still get all paranoid, thinking it's not going to come, even though I've had a confirmation email!
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

Trudy Chelgren wrote:I was going to order from the Book Depository, but in my opinion it's website looked kind of sketchy. The reviews were pretty mixed too, so I didn't want to take a chance. I don't know about you, but I have to pay shipping, being from the UK, so I didn't want to take a chance. I ordered from Barnes & Noble. I still get all paranoid, thinking it's not going to come, even though I've had a confirmation email!

Honestly, I pre-ordered the book in February ... I wasn't sure what places would have it etc...and I remember running into something here on the forum,either an article or a post from someone mentioning that The Book Depository had it for pre-order, so I went to their website and ordered it. They deliver to Croatia so that is cool, not sure if Barnes and Noble deliver here or not..do you maybe know? I even googled it a bit a few minutes ago and couldn't find any info... :?:
Doppler

Post by Doppler »

kafa81 wrote:hopefully I'll be getting it before this weekend!
Anyone else order from the book depository?
I've ordered The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer from The Book Depository. It was supposed to be delivered after 8 working days. 12 days later I still haven't received it. From what I've read online the delivery time can be even tripled in some cases so I expected the delay. I live in Europe btw.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Asked a few bookstores in my city if they would have the English release ready on the 18th - I have an amazon.it preorder, but 1. I can easily go buy books in person and it's more fun, 2. I'd trust my sworn enemy before I trust my country's postal system and 3. it'd be better to cut down on shipping time anyway. No dice. All I learned is that the Italian edition is supposed to come out in November at some point.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Two people in Italy have told me the Italian edition has been delayed until March. Who knows.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Jerry Horne wrote:Two people in Italy have told me the Italian edition has been delayed until March. Who knows.
I wouldn't even be surprised! All I know is that yesterday I asked a clerk at the Feltrinelli store in Duomo, Milan "there's supposed to be a Twin Peaks book coming out on the 18th, by Mark Frost, you wouldn't happen to have it in English would you?" and after a cursory check she answered "can't find anything in English here, all I can see is the Italian version slated for November".
I'll report back if other stores support or disprove this!
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
btaw

Post by btaw »

Trudy Chelgren wrote:I was going to order from the Book Depository, but in my opinion it's website looked kind of sketchy. The reviews were pretty mixed too, so I didn't want to take a chance. I don't know about you, but I have to pay shipping, being from the UK, so I didn't want to take a chance. I ordered from Barnes & Noble. I still get all paranoid, thinking it's not going to come, even though I've had a confirmation email!
I have used the Book Depository heaps to deliver to Australia with no problems. Usually much cheaper than retail prices down here (Aus books and media prices in general are appalling) and they have been really good with delivery times. Plus shipping is usually free. I wouldn't hesitate to use them in future if I were you.

I have an order with them for Secret History, so fingers crossed it goes well. :D
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

btaw wrote:

I have used the Book Depository heaps to deliver to Australia with no problems. Usually much cheaper than retail prices down here (Aus books and media prices in general are appalling) and they have been really good with delivery times. Plus shipping is usually free. I wouldn't hesitate to use them in future if I were you.

I have an order with them for Secret History, so fingers crossed it goes well. :D
Oh, that's cool. I may well do that with Vol. 2 (if that is the case)!
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Attn sneakydave & others: now available for pre-order on uk audible
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

(Listed with the 18/10 release date but I don't know what to believe anymore)
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Dalai Cooper wrote:Attn sneakydave & others: now available for pre-order on uk audible
Woah. Thanks for the heads up. I had only just looked this morning too. Now added to my wishlist. I get my monthly credit on the 17th. Perfect timing.

If it's definitely the 18th it looks like I'm listening before reading. No way I'll be able to hold out two days for the book.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
tedkul

Post by tedkul »

Longtime lurker popping up. I love the discussion here and really appreciate how civil folks are here compared to other forums I've frequented. That's a way of living I thought had vanished.

I thought any Toronto area people might like to know about TYPE books upcoming event: A Fan Night for the Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost on Monday October 24 at 7 pm:

https://www.facebook.com/events/307426142962339/

http://typebooks.ca/posts/221

In addition to coffee, donuts, entertainment and atmosphere, we will be holding several contests and competitions for signed copies of the book and audiobook and the promotional tote bags. You will find it a very enjoyable experience.

Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

tedkul wrote:Longtime lurker popping up. I love the discussion here and really appreciate how civil folks are here compared to other forums I've frequented. That's a way of living I thought had vanished.

I thought any Toronto area people might like to know about TYPE books upcoming event: A Fan Night for the Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost on Monday October 24 at 7 pm:
As a downtown Toronto Twin Peaks fan it tremendously bums me out that I'm gonna be visiting my hometown right around the time of that. Sounds like a great time though!