'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Post by MoondogJR »

I'm wondering: is there a list with announced translations (and release dates)?

I'm going to read it in English, but would love to have a Dutch translation as well..
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

MoondogJR wrote:I'm wondering: is there a list with announced translations (and release dates)?

I'm going to read it in English, but would love to have a Dutch translation as well..
Voorlopig geen Nederlands zo te zien..
With rights sold to various non-English speaking countries (Brazil, Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain), several translations are in the works. Here’s what we know so far:

Editorial Planeta is releasing the Spanish “La historia secreta de Twin Peaks” on October 18. Pre-order the hardcover or Kindle version from Amazon.es.

A Catalan translation is also available for pre-order with free worldwide delivery.

“Twin Peaks: Salattu Historia,” the Finnish translation by Riie Heikkilä will be published by Otava in October. Pre-order here.

The French translation, “L’histoire secrète de Twin Peaks,” will be out October 27 and can be pre-ordered via Amazon.fr.

The Italian “Le Vite Segrete Di Twin Peaks” is expected October/November 2016. Pre-order here.

“Twin Peaks – Die geheime Geschichte” (German translation) will be available on November 17th. Pre-order via Amazon.

Due a few days earlier, on November 11th, is the German audio book version (2 X MP3 CD) with about 13 hours of audio narrated by Stefan Kaminski. Pre-order via Amazon.

A Russian translation will be published in December 2016.

In Poland, “Sekrety Twin Peaks” will be released on November 23r

Visit http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/the- ... z4MrlzN7SK
Last edited by Soolsma on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Italy being Italy, part the second:
Milan's self-proclaimed "American Bookstore" didn't order the book. They asked me if I wanted to order it through them but the year is 2016 and Amazon exists, buddy, if I want to scream at delayed packages I can do so from the comfort of my own home.
Our publisher's own bookstores chain won't be getting the ENGLISH version until November, because delivery times. Two weeks??? In 2016? The clerk, who sounded well-informed, confirms Jerry's info that the Italian edition hasn't been announced yet. His guess is that they only actually bought the rights at the Frankfurt fair.

Bottom line: audiobook until Amazon delivers for me, and 360 pages of sight translation for the sake of my dear mother who really wants to know what happened to Harry. Ugh.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
FrightNight
RR Diner Member

Post by FrightNight »

laughingpinecone wrote:Italy being Italy, part the second:
Milan's self-proclaimed "American Bookstore" didn't order the book. They asked me if I wanted to order it through them but the year is 2016 and Amazon exists, buddy, if I want to scream at delayed packages I can do so from the comfort of my own home.
Our publisher's own bookstores chain won't be getting the ENGLISH version until November, because delivery times. Two weeks??? In 2016? The clerk, who sounded well-informed, confirms Jerry's info that the Italian edition hasn't been announced yet. His guess is that they only actually bought the rights at the Frankfurt fair.

Bottom line: audiobook until Amazon delivers for me, and 360 pages of sight translation for the sake of my dear mother who really wants to know what happened to Harry. Ugh.
LOL! Don't worry, some of us are coming from similar godforsaken wilderness (bordering on Italy), so we'll have to make do with whatever tools Internet offers us ...
Gosh, that's nice what you're doing for your mom! Wonder if members of other nationalities are as nice to their mothers :)
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Soolsma wrote:
MoondogJR wrote:I'm wondering: is there a list with announced translations (and release dates)?

Voorlopig een Nederlands zo te zien..
:(
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

Don't know if it has been mentioned but Glasgow has been confirmed. YAS!

Now to get those tickets as they don't seem to be on sale online yet...

http://www.twinpeaksukfest.com/news/exc ... book-tour/
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Just came to post the same thing Ped. Very excited about this. A phone call to the GFT will be required when I get a moment.

Man. This is great news.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

Does anyone know anything more about these Waterstones events? These are new and I don't understand why there is a signing at Forbidden Planet first in London and then followed by an event at Waterstones on the same day? What's the difference?
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

sneakydave wrote:Just came to post the same thing Ped. Very excited about this. A phone call to the GFT will be required when I get a moment.

Man. This is great news.
I left a voicemail and got a call back. The girl seemed very surprised the news was out. Was all "How did you find out this was on?" Anyway, she said to try back on the 27th Oct when the new listings are up for November. Online booking not available yet either. I'm not sure how quickly this event will sell but I'm not taking any chances of missing out. I managed to get Tarantino tickets at the GFT a few years back for Death Proof. I know some folk waited to get them online and they had already gone by phone and in person by the time they got round to allocating it online.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Cheers again. I'll definitely be phoning them on the 27th then. This is wondrous news. I'll (hopefully) be in the same room as the co-creator of Twin Peaks. This is amazing.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Re London waterstone's event, I'm told they're still working out the details and to watch this space, essentially. I don't think they were expecting the tour announcement.
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

Ped wrote:
sneakydave wrote:Just came to post the same thing Ped. Very excited about this. A phone call to the GFT will be required when I get a moment.

Man. This is great news.
I left a voicemail and got a call back. The girl seemed very surprised the news was out. Was all "How did you find out this was on?" Anyway, she said to try back on the 27th Oct when the new listings are up for November. Online booking not available yet either. I'm not sure how quickly this event will sell but I'm not taking any chances of missing out. I managed to get Tarantino tickets at the GFT a few years back for Death Proof. I know some folk waited to get them online and they had already gone by phone and in person by the time they got round to allocating it online.
Cheers for checking Ped!!

I work in the city centre so i can head up the GFT on my lunch on the 27th to try and get a few tickets. Definitely not missing out as well!
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

sneakydave wrote:Cheers again. I'll definitely be phoning them on the 27th then. This is wondrous news. I'll (hopefully) be in the same room as the co-creator of Twin Peaks. This is amazing.
I've been on a dancefloor with Madchen and Kimmy - it's all downhill from there :lol:
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

Dalai Cooper wrote:Re London waterstone's event, I'm told they're still working out the details and to watch this space, essentially. I don't think they were expecting the tour announcement.
Thanks for the update [img][/img]
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

No sign of him coming to Dublin at all :cry: