Lodge Member

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Post by mtwentz »

musicaddict wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:New interview with Frost. Possible spoilers:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/10/ ... NNWrDVHA4=
]

Isn't Lynch a 'conspiracy theorist' since he was on Alex Jones's show before :-)?
I don't really agree with MF's take on conspiracy theories. Sometimes things are much deeper and it isn't just a lone gunman.
I agree, but once you go too far down the rabbit hole, the conspiracy theories can get out of hand- the whole tin foil hat thing.

That's why I think it's so much easier sometimes to deal with it in fiction than in real life.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
fearltd
Roadhouse Member

Post by fearltd »

Waiting for Mark! Image
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Wonderful!!
Double R Diner

Post by Double R Diner »

Livestream Interview with Frost on the WELCOME TO TP Facebook, guys.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Double R Diner wrote:Livestream Interview with Frost on the WELCOME TO TP Facebook, guys.
Ahhh- I missed it!! Did he give any hints as to the continuity things? I just caught the end where they asked about the number 1 key and Frost says "maybe"...
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

Ross wrote:
Double R Diner wrote:Livestream Interview with Frost on the WELCOME TO TP Facebook, guys.
Ahhh- I missed it!! Did he give any hints as to the continuity things? I just caught the end where they asked about the number 1 key and Frost says "maybe"...
Yeah, he stated at one point that Ed, Norma and Nadine didn't really have a backstory before the book, which kinda raised an eyebrow. There was a continuity question and he answered that life is full of paradoxes and something to the point that what we see isn't what necessarily happened...

Otherwise, a very good interview and Frost seems like a genuinely cool guy.
Last edited by djerdap on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
Double R Diner

Post by Double R Diner »

Ross wrote:
He was asked - I already posted about it in the SPOILERS-thread. Shall I c/p it to over here?

OK, here we go:

"When asked about the inconsistencies - specifically relating to Norma's story - Frost essentially said "Sometimes we think we know things that we don't. And sometimes, things are revealed as something different further down the line."

He also said that he sometimes asked questions on twitter to get quick/correct answers."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Showtime is filming Mark at B&N.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Ross wrote:
you can still watch it on their Facebook page, it's saved.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I wonder how many people attended in NY?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jerry Horne wrote:I wonder how many people attended in NY?
I would estimate 150. There were three sections (left, center and right), with ten rows in each section. The rows on the left (where I sat) had five seats each. I believe the center and right had the same number of seats, although I didn't count. It's possible there were an extra seat or two in the rows in the center.

I thought the program overall was far too heavy on playing clips from the audiobook; Mark also read a couple of passages. He didn't do too much talking about the writing process or the content of the book, and there was no Q&A session (presumably to avoid spoilers). Mark did come across as genuinely enthusiastic about the book, and seemed very excited for us to read it. He asked how many people had read it already, and repeatedly asked for shows of hands whether people remembered who Douglas Milford, Andrew Packard, &c. were. He also led a round of applause for the fans who have kept the flame alive for 27 years.

The really terrific part of the night was the signing itself. Unlike many signings I have attended, people were not rushed away quickly -- Mark gave individualized attention to each and every person, and seemed to really relish the one-on-one interaction with fans, both old and new. I used my time to talk to him about the impact TP has had on me and how much I appreciated the book, rather than pressing him on irksome continuity issues. I did, however, obtain one piece of trivia which is probably interesting only to me (and others who enjoy minutiae of the Lynch/Frost collaboration history): The Lemurians never actually existed as a script, just as a basic concept. He seemed amused (and surprised) that I'd caught the in-joke.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Awesome! Good stuff thanks!
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I wonder how many people attended in NY?
I would estimate 150. There were three sections (left, center and right), with ten rows in each section. The rows on the left (where I sat) had five seats each. I believe the center and right had the same number of seats, although I didn't count. It's possible there were an extra seat or two in the rows in the center.

I thought the program overall was far too heavy on playing clips from the audiobook; Mark also read a couple of passages. He didn't do too much talking about the writing process or the content of the book, and there was no Q&A session (presumably to avoid spoilers). Mark did come across as genuinely enthusiastic about the book, and seemed very excited for us to read it. He asked how many people had read it already, and repeatedly asked for shows of hands whether people remembered who Douglas Milford, Andrew Packard, &c. were. He also led a round of applause for the fans who have kept the flame alive for 27 years.

The really terrific part of the night was the signing itself. Unlike many signings I have attended, people were not rushed away quickly -- Mark gave individualized attention to each and every person, and seemed to really relish the one-on-one interaction with fans, both old and new. I used my time to talk to him about the impact TP has had on me and how much I appreciated the book, rather than pressing him on irksome continuity issues. I did, however, obtain one piece of trivia which is probably interesting only to me (and others who enjoy minutiae of the Lynch/Frost collaboration history): The Lemurians never actually existed as a script, just as a basic concept. He seemed amused (and surprised) that I'd caught the in-joke.
Were you allowed to take photos with Mark?
Last edited by musicaddict on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mace

Post by Mace »

Thanks for sharing this Mr. Reindeer.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

musicaddict wrote: Were you allowed to take photos with Mark?

Nope, in the interest of time, no posed photos and no personalized messages, but you could get an additional TP-related item signed in addition to the book.

The "interest of time" thing is kind of funny because he easily could have taken a photo with each person in lieu of the extensive chatting he did. But I think getting to know the fans a little was very rewarding for him.

There were no limits on taking photos of Mark at any point, however; he just didn't pose. Your best bet is to bring a friend/loved one with you and calculate it so that you're getting in line for the signing at different times. Then you can take candid photos of one another speaking to Mark. I saw a couple do this and they got some great non-staged photos of one another enthusiastically speaking with Mark.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.