'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: 'The Secret History of Twin Peaks' novel by M. Frost 10/18

Post by Mordeen »

Apparently the novel is already published and people are bragging about having a copy in hand. Please do the right thing and refrain from leaking it online. Please.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
DeerMeadowRadio
RR Diner Member

Post by DeerMeadowRadio »

What the what??? Any details?? Time to quit the internet?

Come Listen to Deer Meadow Radio - A Twin Peaks Podcast

http://www.deermeadowradio.libsyn.com/
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Lucky people. The book is unfortunately not available in India :(
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

The spanish cover is indeed very beautiful but I still prefer the international one. Anyway, Amazon says that I should receive my copy around November 4th. I guess I should stay off the internet for a couple of weeks. :oops:
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

I phoned the Forbidden Planet megastore in London and they said you don't need to buy the book from them so you can just show up with your own copy. Also they are not handing out wristbands or anything like that. The guy said he expected people to start queueing from about an hour before (not sure I believe that).

Just curious as to why some venues are requiring people to book in advance and others not? Also for those going to venues where there is no pre-booking how far in advance are you planning to arrive to queue?
Tom Glass

Post by Tom Glass »

Panapaok wrote:The spanish cover is indeed very beautiful but I still prefer the international one. Anyway, Amazon says that I should receive my copy around November 4th. I guess I should stay off the internet for a couple of weeks. :oops:
Same here, shipping to Poland from Amazon will take a while and I should get it at the beginning of November.. October would be a scary month for me:)
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

musicaddict wrote:I phoned the Forbidden Planet megastore in London and they said you don't need to buy the book from them so you can just show up with your own copy. Also they are not handing out wristbands or anything like that. The guy said he expected people to start queueing from about an hour before (not sure I believe that).

Just curious as to why some venues are requiring people to book in advance and others not? Also for those going to venues where there is no pre-booking how far in advance are you planning to arrive to queue?
Think the venues like the bookshop in Bath that are selling tickets they are planning a book reading after the book signing so it's more about demand for it and seat allocation.

That's cool about Forbidden Planet though so if you que up early enough hopefully you should get sorted.
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

DeerMeadowRadio wrote:What the what??? Any details?? Time to quit the internet?
Don't think its that bad!

My friend I was at the TP Festival with there got an advanced copy, he's a massive TP fan, he's also a journalist who was covering the event, he wont tell and I take it anyone with an advanced copy will be on a sweet NDA .

it's really just for preview purposes but even the previews wont (hopefully) include many spoilers

Just surprised it's went out this early!
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

sparco1979 wrote:

My friend I was at the TP Festival with there got an advanced copy, he's a massive TP fan, he's also a journalist who was covering the event, he wont tell and I take it anyone with an advanced copy will be on a sweet NDA .

it's really just for preview purposes but even the previews wont (hopefully) include many spoilers

I don't expect that Andy would leak it, but his post on Facebook showing his copy was a blunt reminder to me that there are plenty of people on the internet with his credentials but without his class. A copy is going to leak. I'm just hoping nobody on here starts posting excerpts.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

Mordeen wrote:
sparco1979 wrote:

I don't expect that Andy would leak it, but his post on Facebook showing his copy was a blunt reminder to me that there are plenty of people on the internet with his credentials but without his class. A copy is going to leak. I'm just hoping nobody on here starts posting excerpts.

Defo! Time for a Non Spoiler Secret History Thread! :lol: :lol:

Seriously I'm going with the assumption that it wont give much away anyway till I read my copy and I'm hopefully pleasantly surprised!

Don't won't it spoiled for anyone
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I would absolutely read leaks. Post, no. Read, fuck yes. It's not the same thing as, say, being spoiled for the show.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Post by frahm9 »

Harry S. Truman wrote: Thank You Very Much for the info!! I Am too spanish!!! Great Cover!!!
Saw the news for the Spanish translation on Facebook and it reminded me of you, Harry. I'm happy for you that it will happen after all. :D
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.
FrightNight
RR Diner Member

Post by FrightNight »

I would also read. Bring on the leaks, say I! This dry spell's been going on for waaaaaay too long already ...
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Wait...I still need to wait two months but people actually have this already?
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

krishnanspace wrote:Lucky people. The book is unfortunately not available in India :(
Hey man, we had talked about me procuring you a copy and shipping it to you. Have you changed your mind?

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .