Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Aqua
Roadhouse Member

Re: SPOILERS: The Secret History of Twin Peaks

Post by Aqua »

bowisneski wrote:
Aqua wrote:
bowisneski wrote:
It is possible that their first arrival in our dimension and occupation of the Lodge(s) began in the 50's, but since the Lodges are out of time, they could exist at any point in time after entering. Leading to them always being around. I'd assume someone from the 1700's, or earlier, who found their way in to the Lodge would very possibly see Coop wandering around.
This only in case that he himself has become a deity of sorts in his own right - otherwise they would not let him show face, he is trapped in blackness inside the lodge if not fully eradicated, and alive on the outside. And even if it's the former, who knows which way that could have gone, the photos are telling you know ..
From what we see in Fire Walk with Me and The Missing Pieces, Coop is walking around the Red Room area and has a conversation the TMFAP. This occurs both after and before he gets trapped.
yeah, this was considering that at least formerly - and maybe by the end of the series at least formally, as per its perceived nature from whatn little was shown of it - in actuality tmfap was one of Them, and thus could communicate with (good) cooper. whereas other regilar folks who entered would perhaps only see him if the spirits somehow indeed managed to fully corrupt both his sides, main and shadow, since it seems that we do not see peeps who are alive in the real world through cooper during his own first (if it was indeed his first) foray there in ep29. that with the exception of annie, who was perhaps at the time fully manipulated by them via earle and in any case was sort of shown specifically to him and wasn't 'just there' (if she indeed wasn't ..)
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

OneandtheSame wrote:I haven't seen this discussed, but the book seems to heavily imply that Jack Parsons is Phillip Gerard. Is that what others got from it?
I only felt it when he was reciting the "Fire walk with me" chant.Dont you mean MIKE.Philip Gerard was just his host.No one knows how MIKE really looks like
thedarktrees
Roadhouse Member

Post by thedarktrees »

Indicates that this is actually a German/European keyboard layout, which you can also tell from the other keys on it. Can't help but think that this is supposed to say something.

Also, the only other mention of a typewriter is of the "vintage Underwood" in the Bookhouse. The typewriter stuff is really interesting!
chalfont wrote:Why are the letters "Z" and "Y" switched on the Corona typewriter, page 344...? clue that something is not right here...?
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

Aqua wrote:
bowisneski wrote:
Aqua wrote:
This only in case that he himself has become a deity of sorts in his own right - otherwise they would not let him show face, he is trapped in blackness inside the lodge if not fully eradicated, and alive on the outside. And even if it's the former, who knows which way that could have gone, the photos are telling you know ..
From what we see in Fire Walk with Me and The Missing Pieces, Coop is walking around the Red Room area and has a conversation the TMFAP. This occurs both after and before he gets trapped.
yeah, this was considering that at least formerly - and maybe by the end of the series at least formally, as per its perceived nature from whatn little was shown of it - in actuality tmfap was one of Them, and thus could communicate with (good) cooper. whereas other regilar folks who entered would perhaps only see him if the spirits somehow indeed managed to fully corrupt both his sides, main and shadow, since it seems that we do not see peeps who are alive in the real world through cooper during his own first (if it was indeed his first) foray there in ep29. that with the exception of annie, who was perhaps at the time fully manipulated by them via earle and in any case was sort of shown specifically to him and wasn't 'just there' (if she indeed wasn't ..)
That's a really good point.

And @krishnanspace, you're welcome.
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

thedarktrees wrote:Indicates that this is actually a German/European keyboard layout, which you can also tell from the other keys on it. Can't help but think that this is supposed to say something.

Also, the only other mention of a typewriter is of the "vintage Underwood" in the Bookhouse. The typewriter stuff is really interesting!
chalfont wrote:Why are the letters "Z" and "Y" switched on the Corona typewriter, page 344...? clue that something is not right here...?
Good spot. From a quick google search for vintage Underwood, it doesn't look like it has a '1' key. Hmm.
owlsseemrealtome

Post by owlsseemrealtome »

This is pretty fascinating documentary which is very pertinent to Mark Frost book and look at the guys ring https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5X8gXUJQVA
Double R Diner

Post by Double R Diner »

Henrys Hair wrote:
thedarktrees wrote:Indicates that this is actually a German/European keyboard layout, which you can also tell from the other keys on it. Can't help but think that this is supposed to say something.

Good spot. From a quick google search for vintage Underwood, it doesn't look like it has a '1' key. Hmm.
Surprised I didn't notice this, as whenever I use the laptop of an american friend of mine, I make that mistake.
chugalugDonna

Post by chugalugDonna »

Just noticed Robert Jacoby's pinky ring in the photo on page 135. I can't really make out any detail on it, but it is prominently displayed. Dare I conjecture that it could be THE ring? Sorry to waste time if someone's already mentioned this; at this point I'm reading this incredible tome with a magnifying glass....
OneandtheSame

Post by OneandtheSame »

krishnanspace wrote:
OneandtheSame wrote:I haven't seen this discussed, but the book seems to heavily imply that Jack Parsons is Phillip Gerard. Is that what others got from it?
I only felt it when he was reciting the "Fire walk with me" chant.Dont you mean MIKE.Philip Gerard was just his host.No one knows how MIKE really looks like
He also loses his arm AND has needles all around him.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

OneandtheSame wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
I dont remember reading that he lost his hand.Which page is it on?
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

krishnanspace wrote:
OneandtheSame wrote:
krishnanspace wrote: I only felt it when he was reciting the "Fire walk with me" chant.Dont you mean MIKE.Philip Gerard was just his host.No one knows how MIKE really looks like
Page 269.
The tenants later admitted that, before police arrived, they disposed of hypodermic needles they found nearby.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

bowisneski wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
OneandtheSame wrote:
Page 269.
The tenants later admitted that, before police arrived, they disposed of hypodermic needles they found nearby.
:shock:
And the ring was always connected to MIKE in the movie after all...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

laughingpinecone wrote:
bowisneski wrote:
krishnanspace wrote: I dont remember reading that he lost his hand.Which page is it on?
Page 269.
:shock:
And the ring was always connected to MIKE in the movie after all...
Don't forget that 98% of the new characters and events depicted in the book are based on actual historical events or established mysteries or conspiracy theories. The events of Meriwether Lewis's mysterious death are entirely based on fact - Frost just added the ring. But regarding Parsons - by all means I encourage you to read up on him. It's no wonder Frost felt he would fit right in to the lore.

And, golly folks, I also also pointed out a few pages back that associates actually claimed Parsons was trying to create a little man on the day he died (his right forearm was indeed blown off, his left arm and both legs broken, and he suffered a hole in the side of his head exposing some skull :-/ ) It's interesting that both Parsons and Lewis, despite horrific injuries (under suspect circumstances), lived as long as they did - both were found alive, if only briefly...

Here's my previous post:
http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=61789#p61789
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

chugalugDonna wrote:Just noticed Robert Jacoby's pinky ring in the photo on page 135. I can't really make out any detail on it, but it is prominently displayed. Dare I conjecture that it could be THE ring? Sorry to waste time if someone's already mentioned this; at this point I'm reading this incredible tome with a magnifying glass....
Similar enough that it could be another happy accident (which I would then hope Frost was aware of!) I found another picture of young Tamblin wearing what appears to be the same ring, for your consideration. [Edit. Admittedly, the stone in the actual Owl Cave ring is a whole lot bigger than the one that we see Dougie wear in the series and in these "Robert Jacoby" pictures... still, fun to speculate.]
Attachments
dc5bc2b9db4de859d66ea08fc44ee500.jpg
dc5bc2b9db4de859d66ea08fc44ee500.jpg (31.25 KiB) Viewed 10631 times
481full-russ-tamblyn.jpg
481full-russ-tamblyn.jpg (51.78 KiB) Viewed 10631 times
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I wonder who the mysterious hooded figure did Briggs see. Dugpa maybe?In they show they kinda look like dugpas