The Secret History of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

The Secret History of Twin Peaks

Post by krishnanspace »

As Jerry suggested i am creating a new thread for the discussion.Also if anyone can post all the 42 pages,it would be good
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Re: Itunes Leaked Pages(Spoilers)

Post by Ped »

I got as far as the first Lewis and Clark journal entry and then stopped myself from going further. There is no way that a digital version of this book will be even 1% as good as a physical edition.

To be honest, at first glance, it's as expected. A compiled dossier has been found (which we know) and the book acts as that dossier. I've no idea what happens after the journal entries and I will try my utmost hardest to keep the mystery alive for another 3 weeks.

By the way, it looks ace. Beyond ace. My heart was fluttering at the sight of the napkin diamond symbols on the edge of the dossier.

This book deserves some coffee, pie and some alone time. Not a preview sample downloaded to an iPhone while at work.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Agree with you. Not meant as a digital book. I read the whole thing and it's way toooo complex. Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Illuminati, Silent man, the ring. Way too complex for me to process. I wonder who agent Tp is
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Where did you find it krishnanspace?
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: Itunes Leaked Pages (Secret History) (Spoilers)

Post by sneakydave »

Thanks so much for this Jerry. Just need to get home from work and sit and read it now.

Maybe an idea to change the title of this thread and just make it a general spoiler thread for the book?
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Cerulean
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cerulean »

Thanks a million, Jerry! :mrgreen:

Already mentions of Lodge spirits (which could possibly even include "the hooded figure" and "silent man"; the Guardian and BOB?), the ring and UFOs as we all suspected. But it's interesting how gold and alchemy have shown up again — so much so that I don't think it's a coincidence anymore and will definitely factor into season 3 and possibly even the rest of the book somehow.

That said, I'm a bit put off by the Masons/Illuminati mentions, since it seems such an obvious connection/correlation with the term "lodges". One of things I loved after watching Twin Peaks the first time around was realising it wasn't "lodges" = Illuminati as you'd expect (heck, neither were even mentioned), and there was a richer mythology. But I have every faith in Mark so I'm not going to criticise it too much yet without having read the rest.

Also, have they retconned the original series to 1991 as page 7 suggests, or could it be another crime we don't know about yet? And will the redacted names appear in the actual book or remain blacked out?

Either way, this was the perfect amount to release as a sample — not too revealing, but just enough to tide us over. Needless to say, I'm pumped.
PeaksCarnivaleLost
Roadhouse Member

Re: The Secret History of Twin Peaks (SPOILERS)

Post by PeaksCarnivaleLost »

What a day to work from home. Rarely am I in on breaking news. (was just praying that poster's phone stayed charged!)

Agree it was just the perfect amount.

For me the mysterious force Franklin latched onto hit the hardest. Love the electricity connection in all my fave shows (see name) and movies like Prestige.

It's got a little Founding Fathers stuff going on, love works of fiction based in historically relevant settings.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Really glad I read that. I don't feel too spoiled and it has whet my appetite for when the book is released in 3 weeks. Not that my appetite needed much more whetting, but you know what I mean...

And yeah, it's the historical links to spiritual forces and the appearance of the ring that has really captured my imagination. The fact that such high ranking historical figures have been looking into these matters suggest that this will continue as the book goes on throughout the years and gives basis to the second season storyline of the US airforce continuing to monitor the land below Twin Peaks.

It just makes me wonder how all these issues will play out in the show. Or even if they will. This could just be all non-necessary background information which serves to simply expand the universe.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Cerulean wrote:Also, have they retconned the original series to 1991 as page 7 suggests, or could it be another crime we don't know about yet?
Hmmm... I haven't seen the rest of the book, but I have talked to someone who has- and they confirmed that the book does NOT retcon the original series date to 1991. That it does indeed (thankfully) remain 1989. So I would guess this reference to 1991 is a different incident(?)

Also, the dates of Cole's documents place the current events in 2016- not 2014. So I guess its been 27 years since the series events?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

Is Agent TP the Naomi Watts character?
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

My main concern is who is the agent assigned to the case and who is Agent T..... P.....?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

krishnanspace wrote:...and who is Agent T..... P.....?
Tim Pinkle! :)
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Image ImageImage
Is this the Archivist?
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

ImageImage
The Hooded Figure
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Thanks a lot Jerry! It was a solid tease before we actually get the book in our hands! :)
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.