'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31 (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Mb3 wrote:Can someone please let me know if and when The Final Dossier will be available over here in germany ? I probably didn't spend enough time to search for the release date but so far I couldn't find it nowhere.
Twin Peaks the final dossier won,t be translated in countries as Germany, Spain, France and more countries. A disaster!! I don,t know if Frost Will know this.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Haven't heard about Italy either, but then again I haven't looked. Still, the single-voice audiobook and lack of international releases seems to signal a declining interest compared to TSHOTP. Did TSHOTP not sell? Did it not sell as audiobook and/or in other countries? :? Does anyone know anything at all about this release?
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

laughingpinecone wrote:Haven't heard about Italy either, but then again I haven't looked. Still, the single-voice audiobook and lack of international releases seems to signal a declining interest compared to TSHOTP. Did TSHOTP not sell? Did it not sell as audiobook and/or in other countries? :? Does anyone know anything at all about this release?
Don,t worry. Italia has reléase date on 21 november. with the same editorial of TSHOTP. It is the only european country that i know will publish the book in Your language.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Signed first edition:

https://www.vjbooks.com/twin-peaks-fina ... twin01.htm

(Try code TWITTER20 for 20% off)
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

Anybody heard about some people (apparently) already getting copies of this book? Has that happened to anyone here? Certainly don't want to hear anything about the book, just wondering.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

kitty666cats wrote:Anybody heard about some people (apparently) already getting copies of this book? Has that happened to anyone here? Certainly don't want to hear anything about the book, just wondering.
I saw a post on Facebook last night. A German guy got it in a local book-store apparently.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
BobRock

Post by BobRock »

A german girl on facebook got it and is reading it right now! Slightly spoiler:
Spoiler:
Leo Johnsn is mentioned.
Burns's Suite

Post by Burns's Suite »

Somebody here able to PM me a link to this persons Facebook posts? Or share something at least? I want some of those sweet, sweet spoilers
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

The only thing I want to know is whether she confirms the low page count.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

I really don't understand this book. If Frost is such a 'keeper of the flame' when it comes to the show's ambiguity and lack of conclusivity, then what is he wanting to achieve with this book? The Secret History was wayward, and sometimes intruging, but it was a perfect opportunity to set up some of the ideas for the The Return. The hype train.

Also the fact that, now we've seen The Return, it's connections to The Secret History are very, very tangential and tenuous, what reason is there to be invested in The Final Dossier other than "what happened to this character, who we don't need to know about?" Frost is as uninterested as Lynch in explaining what The Return showed us, what more could he possibly say?

The Final Dossier doesn't seem to have, as yet, any need to be around. I don't see what could be involving about it, if anything. I'm open to spoilers.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Once again I heartily object to "necessity" as a variable in the development of TP canon. There's no need to know what happened to Annie or Donna like there was no need to know Becky's daughter like there was no need to see ('know' might be a bit of a strong word there :oops: ) what happened to Audrey like there was no need to see the Banks investigation like there was no need for Jerry's character to exist at all or to indulge in Coop's breakfasts at the Great Northern.

As a more extreme example, let's consider an anthology series and let's assume we've liked all seasons so far. In this case, there would be - by definition - zero NEED for a further season. But we've liked what they've come up with so far, so why wouldn't we be looking forward to more cool stuff?
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Reminder: Keep those spoilers under spoiler tags until 10/31.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

laughingpinecone wrote:Once again I heartily object to "necessity" as a variable in the development of TP canon. There's no need to know what happened to Annie or Donna like there was no need to know Becky's daughter like there was no need to see ('know' might be a bit of a strong word there :oops: ) what happened to Audrey like there was no need to see the Banks investigation like there was no need for Jerry's character to exist at all or to indulge in Coop's breakfasts at the Great Northern.

As a more extreme example, let's consider an anthology series and let's assume we've liked all seasons so far. In this case, there would be - by definition - zero NEED for a further season. But we've liked what they've come up with so far, so why wouldn't we be looking forward to more cool stuff?
Don't know about Donna,but everyone wanted to know what happened to Annie.I mean it was a 26 year old cliffhanger.I felt cheated out when never explained How's Annie :(
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Bit surprised that I didn't find this here:
Spoiler:
150-second excerpt which reveals the tragic demise (and birth name) of a character from the original series by way of a priceless autopsy report by the always eloquent FBI Special Agent Albert Rosenfield: http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin ... audiobook/
"Your log and I are on the same page."
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Jerry Horne wrote:Reminder: Keep those spoilers under spoiler tags until 10/31.
The book doesn't come out in europe until November 2. Can the spoiler gag order be extended until more of us have a chance to see the book?