'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31 (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
Harry S. Truman
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:48 pm
Location: Spain

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby Harry S. Truman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:54 am

Mb3 wrote:Can someone please let me know if and when The Final Dossier will be available over here in germany ? I probably didn't spend enough time to search for the release date but so far I couldn't find it nowhere.


Twin Peaks the final dossier won,t be translated in countries as Germany, Spain, France and more countries. A disaster!! I don,t know if Frost Will know this.
User avatar
laughingpinecone
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:45 am
Location: D'ni
Contact:

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby laughingpinecone » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Haven't heard about Italy either, but then again I haven't looked. Still, the single-voice audiobook and lack of international releases seems to signal a declining interest compared to TSHOTP. Did TSHOTP not sell? Did it not sell as audiobook and/or in other countries? :? Does anyone know anything at all about this release?
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
User avatar
Harry S. Truman
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:48 pm
Location: Spain

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby Harry S. Truman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:40 pm

laughingpinecone wrote:Haven't heard about Italy either, but then again I haven't looked. Still, the single-voice audiobook and lack of international releases seems to signal a declining interest compared to TSHOTP. Did TSHOTP not sell? Did it not sell as audiobook and/or in other countries? :? Does anyone know anything at all about this release?


Don,t worry. Italia has reléase date on 21 november. with the same editorial of TSHOTP. It is the only european country that i know will publish the book in Your language.
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4165
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby Jerry Horne » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:10 pm

Signed first edition:

https://www.vjbooks.com/twin-peaks-fina ... twin01.htm

(Try code TWITTER20 for 20% off)
User avatar
kitty666cats
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby kitty666cats » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Anybody heard about some people (apparently) already getting copies of this book? Has that happened to anyone here? Certainly don't want to hear anything about the book, just wondering.
User avatar
sneakydave
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:02 am
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby sneakydave » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:14 pm

kitty666cats wrote:Anybody heard about some people (apparently) already getting copies of this book? Has that happened to anyone here? Certainly don't want to hear anything about the book, just wondering.


I saw a post on Facebook last night. A German guy got it in a local book-store apparently.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
BobRock
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby BobRock » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:01 am

A german girl on facebook got it and is reading it right now! Slightly spoiler:

Spoiler:
Leo Johnsn is mentioned.
Burns's Suite
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:19 am

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby Burns's Suite » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:41 pm

Somebody here able to PM me a link to this persons Facebook posts? Or share something at least? I want some of those sweet, sweet spoilers
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 1876
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:37 am

The only thing I want to know is whether she confirms the low page count.
User avatar
Trudy Chelgren
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:07 am

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby Trudy Chelgren » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:52 am

I really don't understand this book. If Frost is such a 'keeper of the flame' when it comes to the show's ambiguity and lack of conclusivity, then what is he wanting to achieve with this book? The Secret History was wayward, and sometimes intruging, but it was a perfect opportunity to set up some of the ideas for the The Return. The hype train.

Also the fact that, now we've seen The Return, it's connections to The Secret History are very, very tangential and tenuous, what reason is there to be invested in The Final Dossier other than "what happened to this character, who we don't need to know about?" Frost is as uninterested as Lynch in explaining what The Return showed us, what more could he possibly say?

The Final Dossier doesn't seem to have, as yet, any need to be around. I don't see what could be involving about it, if anything. I'm open to spoilers.
User avatar
laughingpinecone
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:45 am
Location: D'ni
Contact:

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby laughingpinecone » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:09 am

Once again I heartily object to "necessity" as a variable in the development of TP canon. There's no need to know what happened to Annie or Donna like there was no need to know Becky's daughter like there was no need to see ('know' might be a bit of a strong word there :oops: ) what happened to Audrey like there was no need to see the Banks investigation like there was no need for Jerry's character to exist at all or to indulge in Coop's breakfasts at the Great Northern.

As a more extreme example, let's consider an anthology series and let's assume we've liked all seasons so far. In this case, there would be - by definition - zero NEED for a further season. But we've liked what they've come up with so far, so why wouldn't we be looking forward to more cool stuff?
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4165
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby Jerry Horne » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:16 am

Reminder: Keep those spoilers under spoiler tags until 10/31.
User avatar
krishnanspace
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 am

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby krishnanspace » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:42 am

laughingpinecone wrote:Once again I heartily object to "necessity" as a variable in the development of TP canon. There's no need to know what happened to Annie or Donna like there was no need to know Becky's daughter like there was no need to see ('know' might be a bit of a strong word there :oops: ) what happened to Audrey like there was no need to see the Banks investigation like there was no need for Jerry's character to exist at all or to indulge in Coop's breakfasts at the Great Northern.

As a more extreme example, let's consider an anthology series and let's assume we've liked all seasons so far. In this case, there would be - by definition - zero NEED for a further season. But we've liked what they've come up with so far, so why wouldn't we be looking forward to more cool stuff?

Don't know about Donna,but everyone wanted to know what happened to Annie.I mean it was a 26 year old cliffhanger.I felt cheated out when never explained How's Annie :(
User avatar
MoondogJR
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:13 am
Location: Belgium

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby MoondogJR » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:36 am

Bit surprised that I didn't find this here:

Spoiler:
150-second excerpt which reveals the tragic demise (and birth name) of a character from the original series by way of a priceless autopsy report by the always eloquent FBI Special Agent Albert Rosenfield: http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin ... audiobook/
"Your log and I are on the same page."
User avatar
eyeboogers
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Postby eyeboogers » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:42 am

Jerry Horne wrote:Reminder: Keep those spoilers under spoiler tags until 10/31.


The book doesn't come out in europe until November 2. Can the spoiler gag order be extended until more of us have a chance to see the book?

Return to “Books”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests