'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31 (SPOILERS)

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31 (SPOILERS)

Post by Jerry Horne »

The crucial sequel to the New York Times bestselling The Secret History of Twin Peaks, this novel bridges the two series, and takes you deeper into the mysteries raised by the new series.

The return of Twin Peaks this May is one of the most anticipated events in the history of television. The subject of endless speculation, shrouded in mystery, fans will come flocking to see Mark Frost and David Lynch’s inimitable vision once again grace the screen. Featuring all the characters we know and love from the first series, as well as a list of high-powered actors in new roles, the show will be endlessly debated, discussed, and dissected.

While The Secret History of Twin Peaks served to expand the mysteries of the town and place the unexplained phenomena that unfolded there into a vastly layered, wide-ranging history, Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier tells us what happened to key characters in the twenty-five years in between the events of the first series and the second, offering details and insights fans will be clamoring for. The novel also adds context and commentary to the strange and cosmic happenings of the new series. For fans around the world begging for more, Mark Frost’s final take laid out in this novel will be required reading.

Book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1250163307/re ... Twin+Peaks

Audiobook:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1427292906/re ... Twin+Peaks
Attachments
91Xx923qquL.jpg
91Xx923qquL.jpg (1017.57 KiB) Viewed 27205 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Post by Snailhead »

Hallelujah!
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: 'Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier' Novel by Mark Frost 10/31

Post by Panapaok »

Nice! It will be 176 pages, according to amazon.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Thanks for the news, Jerry!

The word "Final" in the title has a little ring to it. Perhaps as in "closing the book" on Twin Peaks. Not the most popular opinion, but I want Twin Peaks done after this. No more energy to wonder and wait if it will continue or not, who will write/direct, blah blah blah. Put a golden sheen on the whole thing once and for all.

Also can't wait for the second novel to sum up the intentional wildness of the first. Yes!

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Post by CuriousWoman »

I hope there will be an audiobook for this one too (Still hoping for a MLMT one also). So not "the secret Lives" like most thought it would be.

EDIT: I did not see the link to the audio, sorry

When the show is finished we will yet have something else to rant about how it totally betrays the original series. (half sarcasm but that mostly was the reaction to TSHOTP)

More seriously, I am very eager to learn about it. That's a surprise to me since I did not really think there would a second one, even considering the last page of TSHOTP about "the other source" (don't think it was the original phrasing).

EDIT: Like the above poster, I am pretty sure it will be the last we hear about TP. (plus Lynch, Frost & the cast are not getting younger). On a sidenote, I hope the series will get enough attention to them for Lynch to finally get the money to film Ronnie Rocket. But I believe that he won't direct many more things at this point.
Last edited by CuriousWoman on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Audiobook confirmed.
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

My first thought on the title is that it's saying the original dossier has been tampered with or is incomplete. Great news anyway. Can't wait!
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

My hope is that it's Gordon Cole's final report on the events connecting Deer Meadow, Twin Peaks and (insert Season 3 locations). Putting a stamp on it.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mordeen wrote:Thanks for the news, Jerry!

The word "Final" in the title has a little ring to it. Perhaps as in "closing the book" on Twin Peaks. Not the most popular opinion, but I want Twin Peaks done after this. No more energy to wonder and wait if it will continue or not, who will write/direct, blah blah blah. Put a golden sheen on the whole thing once and for all.

Also can't wait for the second novel to sum up the intentional wildness of the first. Yes!

-Mordeen
Agree 100%.

So will this book fill in the missing 25 years, as originally promised when the book was first announced? Can't wait!
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Less than three hours ago I posted on my blog wondering what was up with the highly classified documents about Briggs and Cooper mentioned by Tamara at the end of TSHOTP, I hope it's connected to those!

And may I say I love the title. It's extra as hell and also, as others here already pointed out, very apt if it's gonna be the last we see of this universe.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I wonder if the title is a playful gesture on Frost's part -
"You all thought Lynch had the last word, did you? Nuh uh uh, THIS is the conclusion of the story."
;)
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Sweet!! Can't wait!!

From what I gather this news now only stems from the amazon entry? Guess we'll also have a more official announcement as well today, from Flatiron/Frost? With hopefully some juicy info :)

@Laughingpinecone: You bet your ass we're going a few extra levels above top secret!!!!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Pre-ordered it!!!
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

So that's about a year after the previous book. When did promotion for TSHOTP start again? (book preview, trailer) :D
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Official announcement could come at 12:00 Pacific. That might change due to the news leaking.