Season 4? Or is it over after this?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Soolsma » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:07 am

The BTS of Inland Empire is pure gold. I feel it perfectly captures the essence creating what's considered most ''Lynchian'' about his work. That glimmer in his eyes is of a genius mad man. The crotchety part is simply part of his passion imo. Though mostly he seems very determined, you can tell that at times the process of making the film puzzled the man himself just as much as it did to most of it's viewers.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Postby Metamorphia » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:26 am

As per today's weather report, DL has had his first dose of the Pfizer vaccine :)
Stavrogyn
Roadhouse Member

Postby Stavrogyn » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:59 am

Metamorphia wrote:As per today's weather report, DL has had his first dose of the Pfizer vaccine :)

Thank you for the info, just checked it out; such good news! :D

This makes me both happy for him and his health, as well as for us, because, well... :wink: I hope this only makes it more probable for his new project to start shooting in May, or whatever the plan is. Now let us hope for the "real" announcement to happen sometime soon!

I wonder are there many people in the world I do not know personally that would make me feel this kind of comfort if I heard they had been vaccinated?
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know. - Knight of Cups (2015)
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Postby Mordeen » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:22 pm

Stavrogyn wrote:
I wonder are there many people in the world I do not know personally that would make me feel this kind of comfort if I heard they had been vaccinated?

I would hope that we could all wish for every single person on this planet to be happy, healthy and prosperous.

-Mordeen

536f6d657468696e672069732068617070656e696e672c2069736e27742069743f20
Moving Through Time. . .
Stavrogyn
Roadhouse Member

Postby Stavrogyn » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:34 am

Mordeen wrote:I would hope that we could all wish for every single person on this planet to be happy, healthy and prosperous.

Well said.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know. - Knight of Cups (2015)
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Postby LateReg » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:47 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/fatecolossal ... 8804898816

New Yorker article on Lynch in the link. Any production work currently on indefinite hold, apparently.
Jasper
Great Northern Member

Postby Jasper » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:21 pm

LateReg wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/fatecolossal/status/1363560028804898816

New Yorker article on Lynch in the link. Any production work currently on indefinite hold, apparently.

Thanks.

The only people he currently interacts with in person are his wife, Emily Stofle, their eight-year-old daughter, his personal assistant, and his three adult children. Though rumors persist of there being a Lynch television project in the works, he told me that—for now—production work of any kind for him is on indefinite hold. He’s open to the idea of getting back into directing when it makes sense: “I would never say no to anything if I fell in love with the material.”

:|
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:17 pm

LateReg wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/fatecolossal/status/1363560028804898816

A little disheartening, but he was saying similar stuff (“If the right idea ever hits,” yadda yadda yadda) during the period we now know he was deep into work on TR, so I don’t read too much into this. In terms of production work being on hold: it certainly seems from a credible source that he has/had studio space booked for May. Now he’s probably playing the same game of chicken the rest of Hollywood is in terms of scheduling: where will the country be in three months? Will it be safe to shoot indoors? Will he be personally comfortable with it given his age and health risks (lifelong smoker)? I imagine he is very much in “wait and see” mode, and will cancel the booked studio space if the (frankly abysmal) vaccine rollout hasn’t gotten the country to a better place by then. I’m assuming he doesn’t want to announce the project until he is confident he is ready to begin.

It’s also possible he had a fallout with Netflix over budget as some have speculated. I really hope that’s not the case, but who knows.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Postby LateReg » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:41 pm

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
A little disheartening, but he was saying similar stuff (“If the right idea ever hits,” yadda yadda yadda) during the period we now know he was deep into work on TR, so I don’t read too much into this. In terms of production work being on hold: it certainly seems from a credible source that he has/had studio space booked for May. Now he’s probably playing the same game of chicken the rest of Hollywood is in terms of scheduling: where will the country be in three months? Will it be safe to shoot indoors? Will he be personally comfortable with it given his age and health risks (lifelong smoker)? I imagine he is very much in “wait and see” mode, and will cancel the booked studio space if the (frankly abysmal) vaccine rollout hasn’t gotten the country to a better place by then. I’m assuming he doesn’t want to announce the project until he is confident he is ready to begin.

It’s also possible he had a fallout with Netflix over budget as some have speculated. I really hope that’s not the case, but who knows.

Yes, that's pretty much what I read into it as well. I have no speculation on the Netflix side of things though.
Stavrogyn
Roadhouse Member

Postby Stavrogyn » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:05 am

Mr. Reindeer wrote:A little disheartening, but he was saying similar stuff (“If the right idea ever hits,” yadda yadda yadda) during the period we now know he was deep into work on TR, so I don’t read too much into this.

It was early 2013 when I attended a screening of Meditation, Creativity, Peace (2012) in Zagreb, after which there was a Q&A with David Lynch via Skype. Even though the topic was supposed to be transcendental meditation, someone asked him a question about there ever being more Twin Peaks, and there was no sign from him of anything being in the works, as you can imagine. I was a bit bothered that the question popped up, since: 1. Lynch was clearly interested in discussing TM, not film / television, and 2. I was certain there would never be more Twin Peaks... We know how that turned out.

So, yes, it is a bit disheartening, but I have decided to take everything he says regarding future projects with a grain of salt.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Postby Soolsma » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:12 am

I'm not too discouraged. It would have been unrealistic to think that any actual production, e.g. filming was taking place right now anyway. The fact that he says currently does not at all mean a portion of the pre-production hasn't been finished. It's certainly still possible the script and or storyboard, have been (largely) finished. The fact that we got an estimated episode count, and a deal that's seemingly been struck, do seem to point to that. And indeed: the scheduling is a quintessential part of pre-production, and it's probably the most complicated factor right now.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jacob
Roadhouse Member

Postby Jacob » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:57 pm

A curveball is coming, according to Lynch :roll:
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:00 pm

Jacob wrote:A curveball is coming, according to Lynch :roll:

He clearly said this in the context of the weather. He’s referring to the fact that LA is potentially going to have an unusually heavy downpour tomorrow.
johndaker

Postby johndaker » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:09 am

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Jacob wrote:A curveball is coming, according to Lynch :roll:

He clearly said this in the context of the weather. He’s referring to the fact that LA is potentially going to have an unusually heavy downpour tomorrow.

"Stay tuned tomorrow for the weather, cause I think a curveball is coming. But today, it's going to be going up to a beautiful 75 degrees Fahrenheit..."

I don't think he's even teasing with this one. (Whereas the announced "announcement" last time we went through this sure did seem like a tease to me, until we learned it wasn't.)

This time, it seems like a stretch to say it's not about the weather.

Unless the "curveball" is that the curveball is not about the weather.

That would definitely be a curveball...

Nah.

It's not not about the weather!

Is it not about the weather?

No, it's not not about the weather!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:15 am

It never rains in southern California, but girl, don’t they warn ya? It pours, man, it pours.

Return to “General”