Is the Palmer family interview confirmed to be "in-character

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Is the Palmer family interview confirmed to be "in-character

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Considering that an "in-character" portion is part of the press release and has been discussed in USA Today, I thought this matter was settled and was only curious as to how long the "in-character" part of the Wise-Lee-Zabriskie-Lynch discussion was. But now I'm hearing rumors that this is a misunderstanding, and the whole interview is actually with the actors as themselves. This seems like a major detail to get wrong in the promotional rollout for the blu-ray, so I'm wondering if anyone can confirm with certainty that this is in fact part of the deal. I know I'll be awfully disappointed if it isn't.
rewak
RR Diner Member

Re: Is the Palmer family interview confirmed to be "in-chara

Post by rewak »

I'm pretty sure it's both, first a section with them in character and then a section with them as themselves. Sort of a "Inside The Actors Studio" deal i think
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Virtually all the evidence suggests so. I mean, it's on the official press release and why would Lynch title the program "Between Two Worlds" and list the separate components as "Palmer Family Interview" and "Actor Interviews"? (True, they could be other actor interviews but aren't those actors already part of the new FWWM documentary, and isn't "Between Two Worlds" supposed to refer just to the Lee/Wise/Zabriskie/Lynch conversation?)

I read the contradictory statement here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105665/boa ... #230509368 and am only tempted to give it credence because the poster seems fairly legit and has been discussing the release (otherwise accurately, as it turns out) since December. I dont see why they'd be b.s.ing but am hoping they saw an earlier edition or something. The counter-evidence seems pretty strong.

Normally, I'd just wait and see but I'm so excited for this particular component (to see Lynch return to characters who fascinate him so much, and to see the underrated Lee give voice to Laura again) that I'm just hoping to squash any last doubts about it happening.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I believe, as the press release suggests, that there are TWO features with the Palmers. One a roundtable interview with the actors, and one a "in-charcter" segment of some sort. I'm guessing the guy on IMDB only saw the former.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

I wonder how long the in-character segments will be. According to the IMDb guy, the acor interviews are 26 minutes.
fearltd
Roadhouse Member

Post by fearltd »

Well, I wouldn't really fret over this too much being that we'll have this set in less than two months...
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

In character portion is confirmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I hope the 'in character' stuff works. I could see it going either way.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Me too, Brad D, though given that it's Lynch himself conducting the interviews, we know it will at least be interesting!
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

dugpa wrote:In character portion is confirmed.

That's a relief! Do we know final length of Palmer portion vs. actor interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk