Everett filming locations

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Brad D
Global Moderator

Everett filming locations

Post by Brad D »

OK. I just moved to the seattle area and only live five or so miles from the rucker hill area. i am dying to find the palmer and heyward houses. if anyone knows exactly how to get there ( i know some of you must ) i would greatly appreciate a PM. i'm not going to go over any boundaries or trespass but it would be nice to find them, but i also felt bad asking for this info to be posted publicly.

one question though, is the same palmer house used in FWWM and the series? they look different but i remember somewhere reading that the series only used the backshot of the house? i'm quite confused on that front. any help is appreciated. thanks:)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Paging Charles...

:wink:
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

The Palmer house used in FWWM is (annoyingly) quite different than the one in the series. It was actually one thing that really bugged my when I first saw FWWM. In the Pilot, they shot the Palmer house interiors on location- but for the rest of the series, it was on a studio set. In the film, they actually went back to the same house for the interiors- which is why the famous stairway/fan matches that of the pilot. The rest of the interiors don't really match the sets from the series, but at least are similar in style. They actually used this same house to shoot the EXTERIORS of the Palmer House for FWWM. Why the change? I have no idea- maybe it was just convenience.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

update- i found the house from the series today. the house seemed a little junky on the outside with an RV and a couple of hoopties in the driveway. i suppose some stones are best left unturned.... :(
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

Brad D wrote:update- i found the house from the series today. the house seemed a little junky on the outside with an RV and a couple of hoopties in the driveway. i suppose some stones are best left unturned.... :(
Huh? I was at the Palmer house from the series last year and it looked exactly the same as it was in the show. Here's a link to a pic I took in 2006:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredlyon/368968045/

Like Charles, I've been to almost all of the filming locations. As for the Palmer house from FWWM, it's in Everett near the Providence Everett Medical Center-Pacific... You can see the medical center in the background down the hill a bit behind James when he goes to talk to Laura at one point in FWWM. I want to say it's like 33rd street... up where it ends. Hope that helps.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

i must say it looks nicer in your picture. i'll post mine soon.

i found the FWWM houses as well, quite interesting!