NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by mtwentz »

Hockey Mask wrote:I just did some searching and stumbled across a half dozen articles SPOILERS. DIDNT READ any further...but I was close. I'm near the edge, people. Someone talk me down.
I'm your accountability partner. Dontdo it!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I'm at work, but this would otherwise be a perfect time to give the Secret Diary audiobook a listen. At 6+ hours, that'll get you almost to 9!
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

I have to wait 24 hours. Got a full day of work ahead of me before I can jump in.

I can do this. I can do this.
ryanmj1993
Roadhouse Member

Post by ryanmj1993 »

So does anybody know how this is gonna work with Amazon prime. Do we know if the episodes are gonna go up as they air or after they air? I heard that episodes 3&4 won't be available on prime.
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

Coffee wrote:I have to wait 24 hours. Got a full day of work ahead of me before I can jump in. Image

I'm in the same boat...Hang in there,the wait is almost over! :D
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

The struggle is real.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Re: Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Drammatubero wrote:I watched again some scenes and... guys, I want to read your comments so bad. We could talk about these two episodes for months, I can't believe they are just 2 out of 18.

Inviato dal mio SM-J500FN utilizzando Tapatalk
Spoilers have never bothered me, so if you'd like to PM me some observations/questions on what you saw, feel free. :)
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

kafa81 wrote:
Coffee wrote:I have to wait 24 hours. Got a full day of work ahead of me before I can jump in. Image

I'm in the same boat...Hang in there,the wait is almost over! :D
Thanks Kafa.

Such a strange feeling wasting away a weekend to get to Monday!
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

To all the people I've known on here for the past ten years, the past few months, the past twenty seven years... Pinch yourself, this is real! Savor these next few hours... Nothing like this will happen again.... Falling in love with the show, the heartbreak of it ending before its time, the endless years of speculating what could have happened, and the three year titlation of getting it back. Right now anything and everything is possible, what gift could be inside... Enjoy the magic of your inner child pondering what's inside the box under the tree.

Oh, and one last time before new stuff... Cooper and Audrey fan forever!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Audrey Horne wrote:To all the people I've known on here for the past ten years, the past few months, the past twenty seven years... Pinch yourself, this is real! Savor these next few hours... Nothing like this will happen again.... Falling in love with the show, the heartbreak of it ending before its time, the endless years of speculating what could have happened, and the three year titlation of getting it back. Right now anything and everything is possible, what gift could be inside... Enjoy the magic of your inner child pondering what's inside the box under the tree.
Beautiful, Audrey. I'm feeling very much this way right now.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Sun May 21, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

ryanmj1993 wrote:So does anybody know how this is gonna work with Amazon prime. Do we know if the episodes are gonna go up as they air or after they air? I heard that episodes 3&4 won't be available on prime.
I've chatted with Amazon and Showtime people and none of them know for sure when the episodes will be available for non-live upload. The Showtime folks said Amazon can have them available right when the show airs, and the Amazon people say it's up to Showtime. So none of them have much of a clue about when the episodes will be available. The most likely scenario is that the episodes will be available 24hrs after they first air on Showtime, but earlier is possible.

Amazon Prime-Showtime offer a live stream I've been watching the last two days that works wonderfully, for me at least.

I think the only way to get parts 3 and 4 is to subscribe to Showtime directly so you can have their on demand service. This was only an extra 10 bucks for me via Xfinity, so I subscribed for that as well, just for parts 3 and 4.

After I see how it all plays tonight and what works or doesn't work, then I'll know which subscriptions to keep going forward.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Very well put Audrey :)

I'm sure Coop and Audrey will meet coming season.. But I don't know if that's a good thing
Last edited by Soolsma on Sun May 21, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
happyrat98

Post by happyrat98 »

Can anyone help clear something up for me?

So i have Amazon Prime. Will I be able to watch episodes 1 and 2 live at 9/8c?

If not, will they be uploaded to the Amazon Showtime thing shortly thereafter? Like, within half an hour?
Venus
RR Diner Member

Re: Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Venus »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:
Drammatubero wrote:I watched again some scenes and... guys, I want to read your comments so bad. We could talk about these two episodes for months, I can't believe they are just 2 out of 18.

Inviato dal mio SM-J500FN utilizzando Tapatalk
Spoilers have never bothered me, so if you'd like to PM me some observations/questions on what you saw, feel free. :)
I used to be a spoilers (even the major ones) never bothered me person but recently I have loved the excited feeling and anticipation of waiting for it to air without knowing much about it. Like many have said it's a reminder of being a kid at Christmas - something that I've not felt any excitement about for quite some time!
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
sylviecerise
Roadhouse Member

Post by sylviecerise »

To all needing a talk-down: we're so close now!!! Remember how the opening credits for the original really sets you in the mood. It will be pure goosebumps and magic to have the new opening credits set you in that same world.

I've been distracting myself with smoked fish for lunch & donuts + coffee now. The fish smell on my fingers plus the coffee is definitely reminding me of a certain scene.