"Previously on Twin Peaks" cut from Season 2 DVD

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

"Previously on Twin Peaks" cut from Season 2 DVD

Post by silenttwn »

What's your thoughts on this? Sometimes I enjoyed the recap, but I honestly think if you're watching it on DVD you'll most likely be watching one episode after another so I didn't mind the cut, but I'm sure some people were pissed.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

I personally don't mind not having them, I guess it depends how much of a purist you are. Someone on Youtube put parts of season 2 up which he had recorded from TV way back, sometimes with commercials in the middle of the episodes. Some one wrote in saying they would like all the shows with the adds in place because of historical value. Like you I'm happy to finally have the main content on dvd. I'm hoping the 'Mystery Set' will have some better aspects to it though.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
worthit
Roadhouse Member

Post by worthit »

I'm one of those who hate the fact that they removed the "previously on twin peaks" intros. The main reason for that is that the very last of these (before episode 28 ), scared the hell out of me when i watched the series first time around.

The intro contains a montage of BOB coming out of the forest (the end of episode 27) and the mayor's voice (also from ep 27) saying "This isn't right, there's something wrong here".

The reason this scared me is that in episode 27, these two things didn't occured at the same time. The mayor is referring to the microphone in the roadhouse being broken. But in the intro to episode 28, it seems that he's talking about the red curtains in the forest being "wrong". I get the creeps even now :)

So I think it's a shame they removed that one. It sets the tone for the last two episodes of the series. Hope they include these on the super-complete set later this year.
jupstin

Post by jupstin »

I love the episode recaps in season 1. To me, they seemed more like parodies than serious recaps. If you didn't know what was going on, the recaps wouldn't held a bit, and that always made me laugh. I seem to remember that the recaps in SE2 were more "traditional," so I don't think I miss them too much; however, I'd rather have them than not (maybe with the option not to watch them?)
Wood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wood »

FYI, some of these clips are available on the Twin Peaks Archive DVD. (Hope I don't sound like a broken record.)

-Steve
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

i miss them!
the first seasons were a lot of fun...
tj o'pootertoot

Post by tj o'pootertoot »

I don't really need them since you're basically watching the eps on sequence in DVD.

I don't mind them as long as you can skip them.
I haven't started watching S2 yet but one thing that annoys me about the S1 DVDs is that if you go to SKIP the first chapter it includes PREVIOUSLY ON and the credits and part of the show.

When I get a TV show on DVD I like when you are able to skip the credits and go straight to the start of the show.
(I LOVE the TP credits but they are long and I don't need to watch them back to back.)
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

I'm wondering if the wrong masters were used for the DVDs. It would explain the slightly different edits and actual errors appearing in the programmes. Maybe the recaps aren't on these masters?