NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Agent Earle »

Panapaok wrote:I like the new policy. Keep the mystery alive or GTFO. Simple and straightforward. :lol:

Not that there's been that many spoilers in here to begin with. Hardly any, as a matter of fact.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

Agent Earle wrote:
Panapaok wrote:I like the new policy. Keep the mystery alive or GTFO. Simple and straightforward. :lol:

Not that there's been that many spoilers in here to begin with. Hardly any, as a matter of fact.
There were plenty, but they were deleted at some point.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Agent Earle wrote:

You're new here. There was a whole thread dedicated to spoilers that has been deleted now.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

It was easy being discreet, and now it'll be even easier.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Panapaok wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:

You're new here. There was a whole thread dedicated to spoilers that has been deleted now.
I remember that thread quite well. I was a long-time lurker before I decided to join as a registered member, remember. I imagine a lot of you here went the same route :) Anyhow, the thread in question did reveal a few bits of info here or there, but nothing major-like, that I would qualify as a spolier per se. Maybe there was some serious spoiler-ish stuff to be found before the thread was taken away that I managed to miss and you remember, but it seems to me that those in the know really took care not to reveal anything pertaining to characters, (sub)plot(s) etc., were really considerate of the production's pleas to keep the mystery alive and were mainly toying with those of us salivating for some real, honest-to-God information (that's not meant to be in any way negative description of their behavior, by the way. I'm just astonished that Lynch and all might just pull it off with this big unrevealed secrets stuff in this Internet day and age!). Oh well, probably's just as well. Still, if any of you is privy to something juicy and concrete, I'd be very grateful if you'd PM me about it; after all this wait, I'm desperate to know anything, the spoilers pretty much don't worry me and I promise not to share it on if you don't want me to (well, of course you wouldn't want me to) :)
Last edited by Agent Earle on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

I think you should edit parts of that post out, considering the new policy.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

I usually am so curious about an upcoming beloved show/episode that I read spoilers, and don't really mind them. But I do also really love the experience of watching something that's completely fresh and unexpected, and so frankly I kind of hope that we really stay in the dark until May. Even including the spoilers that came from the now-gone spoilers thread, and I read all of them, I still feel there's very little that's been truly revealed about S3. It feels like anything could happen.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Edited, thanks, djerdap :) Will this do?
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Re: New Policy on Posting Twin Peaks 2017 Spoilers

Post by Rainwater »

Oh boy. This feels like entering a new era of dugpa.
I'll see you in the trees
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

This might sound like a stupid question but...what exactly constitutes a spoiler? For example, based on things posted here, we know (to a degree of certainty) who certain actors are playing in the upcoming series, but that isn't public info or confirmed by Showtime. Is it okay to discuss that?
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

ForKeeps wrote: For example, based on things posted here, we know (to a degree of certainty) who certain actors are playing in the upcoming series, but that isn't public info or confirmed by Showtime.
Well, we know for certain which character Kyle MacLachlan is playing. As for the others, we might assume we know who the other returning actors from the "old" series are playing (and we're not even sure of that). But we haven't got a clue about any of the new actors.
Last edited by Agent Earle on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Nothing we talk about in public, no. That would be frightful behavior.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

This forum has had its share of spoilers. There was a doozy of a spoiler posted (that I was lucky enough to read), then removed 10-15 minutes later.

At this point, Walking Dead will be back soon (feb 12) and that will occupy me for eight weeks.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

Agent Earle wrote:
ForKeeps wrote: For example, based on things posted here, we know (to a degree of certainty) who certain actors are playing in the upcoming series, but that isn't public info or confirmed by Showtime.
Well, we know for certain which character Kyle MacLachlan is playing. As for the others, we might assume we know who the other returning actors from the "old" series are playing (and we're not even sure of that; think Sheryl Lee or Walter Olkiewicz). But we haven't got a clue about any of the new actors.
You really are new here, huh.
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

I wholeheartedly support new Dugpa's policy.